condom advice

hi everyone,

im new to on here.

just wanted to ak some advice on condoms. My bf and i have tried featherlite condoms but it is difficult for him to stay hard at all and we have not been able to have sex because of this. Is there anyone who could give me advice on any condoms we cud try? different brands types?

many thanks

Hello and welcome,

I assume he has erection problems, without using condoms? Has he seen a doctor if its a general problem? In this case not sure changing the brand or type woud help. But never met this problem, as yet.

Or does he not have erection problems? And you think its the condom?

if it's loss of sensation due to condoms you could look at other brands on the market.

Some condoms are slightly wider at the base than others. Lovehoney have sizings in mm on the product descriptions for most condoms.

Otherwise a cock ring could help him maintain an errection, Again Lovehoney stock a wide variety at different prices.

Sorry to clarify he find it difficult to stay hard while wearing the condom and has found himself with a fear of putting them on now also.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any brands that had worked better for them for a similar situation. He says he doesnt like the feel and that they dont fit and i think he means the sizing. i have yet to sit with him and look through the brands anyway but jut thought someone might be able to suggest some.

Make sure the condom is large enough, makes it much more plesant and, funnily enough easier to stay hard. Don't be afraid to go one size too big, it wont slip off. My Size are my favourite and you can get them in different sizes (60,62,64mm) A bit more expensive but worth it. A good cheaper version are Pasante King Size version (dont go for the Large, they are just like normal ones). Both slide on nice and easily, there is nothing worse than an ill fitting condom. Both available on here - quick and descreet delivery, I use them all the time :)

This sounds more psychological to me. I think he's just associating condoms with having a bad time, and since he considers them the cause of a bad time, he's making his own result

If it's possible, i'd see if he could try using condoms a few times where he isn't going to be having sex, like for wanking. Also a good idea might be to use a tiny bit of lube on the head of the penis before adding the condom. It generally improves the sensations for me.

But yeah, going soft while putting a condom on isn't a problem with the condom itself. I think he just needs to associate putting a condom on as a chance to have sex, which is enjoyable.

Janny wrote:

Make sure the condom is large enough, makes it much more plesant and, funnily enough easier to stay hard. Don't be afraid to go one size too big, it wont slip off. My Size are my favourite and you can get them in different sizes (60,62,64mm) A bit more expensive but worth it. A good cheaper version are Pasante King Size version (dont go for the Large, they are just like normal ones). Both slide on nice and easily, there is nothing worse than an ill fitting condom. Both available on here - quick and descreet delivery, I use them all the time :)

Sorry but this is bad advice - using the wrong size reduces the effectiveness as a contraceptive. You need to measure and make sure you're using the right size as this can alter comfort and effectiveness but don't use the wrong size.

Pixieking gives excellent advice :)

Adxx

For a really different barely there experience, you coudl try the pasante unique. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3456 You love it or hate it. Its a bit like a very thin sandwich bag rather than a condom, but you don't notice it when its on and gives as natural a sensation as I've found so far. A bit fiddly to open tht packet and get on the right way round though. Hella's Meditech Inspirals look, erm, interesting!

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Janny wrote:

Sorry but this is bad advice - using the wrong size reduces the effectiveness as a contraceptive. You need to measure and make sure you're using the right size as this can alter comfort and effectiveness but don't use the wrong size.

Adxx

Sorry did not mean to offend anyone, thought LH was a forum where everyone can share their experiences, maybe I was wrong

Janny wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Janny wrote:

Adxx

Sorry did not mean to offend anyone, thought LH was a forum where everyone can share their experiences, maybe I was wrong

There's a difference between sharing experiences and giving advice that is potentially dangerous. Recommending something that diminishes the effectiveness of condoms which prevent pregnancy and STIs is irresponsible - I felt it important to stress that and make sure everyone reading understood the risks. If you want to take that risk then fair enough but people have to be fully aware of the risks. I think my post was polite - I wasn't nasty in anyway so I don't know why you seem to be annoyed at what I've said. I'm just pro sexual safety *shrugs*.

Adx