Why dont LH price match?

For me Lovehoney is almost the perfect store, the customer service and returns is excellent.

Sadly the one thing that really lets it down for me is the lack of price matching. Virtually every other online sex toy store in the UK has a price matching service and is really useful, especially when buying multiple items.

Whenever Ive asked about it before the generic reply is that LH provides round the clock customer service etc which costs money, which I do appreciate. However its really frustrating that they wont budge at ALL on price. Strangely they wont even mention public vouchers codes that could be used to bring the price closer to competitors websites.

In the past I wanted to order around 8 items totaling over £200, but 1 item was significantly more than a competitors store (literally over double the price!) but they wouldnt compromise so in the end I cancelled the whole order as I hate the feeling of over paying or wasting money on postage from multiple stores.

I understand if they cant fully price match with other stores, but would be good if they could make some effort to at least make the price a little more competitive and attractive to customers. Then LH truly would be the perfect store ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

The thing is, it's customer service you're paying for and I mean that, I've seen an ex of mine put in an order on a competitors site, they took the money and after two weeks she emailed them to be told the reason she hadn't recieved it yet was because it wasn't in stock... it was still listed as being in stock on their site and she had to ask for a refund.

The only place better than love honey would be the obvious auction site in terms of both price and customer service as you're protected by paypal, but at that point you're buying cheap Chinese knock off stuff and you have to wait a month before ebay will get involved now, which can be stressful and annoying to say the least (I've been there). So that rules that out.

Honestly, if you want it cheaper, go get it cheaper or wait for a sale like most of us do, they also send out a lot of email discount codes every week. I know some things they sell are ridicolously priced, but high end names are always that way. To top it all off though, you have an entire year to figure out if you like something and you can send it back anytime, I don't know anyone on the planet who does that for things that aren't washing machines etc.

Yes I agree that love honey is some time I won't say over priced I would say higher prices that other sites but you are paying for the quality and also fantastic customer service they always have offers and you all so get loyalty points every time you shop I hardly ever shop anywhere else now as I believe you all ways get a better service from love honey

I would rather pay a bit more and get it from here or a reputable company and know where you stand especially with Lovehoneys customer service and 365 day returns policy.

In response to Ravens comment about better customer service than here being the auction site and paypal protection you have to remember every website which offers a paypal checkout (Lovehoney included) you will get the same benefits if you go through PayPal as you would going via the auction site!!

Not every place price matches, I know a few sex toy stores that don't.

Whilst I know that some do; but I also know that no other store has the returns policy that LH has! Honestly if it were a choice between price matching and returns - I'd go with returns every single time.

I generally like expensive toys; the vast majority of toys that I own are over £70 each - some of them even being over £100! I spend my money on this quite easily at LH since I know that if I didn't like the toy I could return it. I don't get that same comfort at a different store. I know that if something goes wrong with the toy within a year I'm fully protected and I can have a refund, exchange or replacement that is done within two weeks (Usually quicker) from the day I send the package back. I don't know another place where you will get that.

So to me even if an item was £20 more expensive in LH (Generally it's not) I'd still buy it here, the only time I don't use LH is when LH doesn't stock the item I want.

The pricing is competitive on LH, as with the other thread earlier in the week I suspect your item that was double the price on here than elsewhere was either a. a fake or b. on sale on the other site. Which price matching doesn't apply to anyway.

They don't price match, but as a company they are not stupid. They keep their pricing competitive. If they overcharged by that much people wouldn't buy here, regardless of the returns and customer care. Yet they do!

Plus you can always find a discount code or a code to get something free with your order. They may mark up their items (by small amounts might I add, not double) but there's basically a sale on everyday with the amount of vouchers floating around. That's not even getting started on the offers...like when I got a £74.99 item, a £34.99 item and a £32.99 item with next day tracked delivery for £60...price matching won't ever beat the offers LH do offer.

Peace of mind on the returns policy wins every time for me especially for battery operated toys and clothing items.

A straight forward glass dildo for example might be a different story since there is very little to go wrong other than thte fact I may not like it. If I was in doubt over this I would buy from here because of the returns policy.

If you read small print/Terms and conditions of many sites for items of this nature there is always awkward returns policies to deal with.

moonpilot wrote:

In the past I wanted to order around 8 items totaling over £200, but 1 item was significantly more than a competitors store (literally over double the price!) but they wouldnt compromise so in the end I cancelled the whole order as I hate the feeling of over paying or wasting money on postage from multiple stores.

I don't really understand why that would be an issue in this case, since Lovehoney offers free shipping on any order over £10. So even if you had to order that one particular item from elsewhere, you wouldn't be doubling up on shipping.

I agree with the other posters that have mentioned the returns policy LH offers as a huge selling point - give me that over price matching any day.

CutieCurious wrote:

moonpilot wrote:

I don't really understand why that would be an issue in this case, since Lovehoney offers free shipping on any order over £10. So even if you had to order that one particular item from elsewhere, you wouldn't be doubling up on shipping.

I agree with the other posters that have mentioned the returns policy LH offers as a huge selling point - give me that over price matching any day.

This, a thousand times, this. LH's returns policy - knowing that if I don't get on with something, I won't have wasted my money - is a huge thing.

I have to be honest, quality over quantity any day of the week!
LH prices are pretty decent. I know on competitive sites you can get the similar or even the same items cheaper, but the service here is outstanding.
Also there are so many deals I.e deal of the day is always something fantastic! I live for deal of the day emails lol! As soon as 1 arrives I'm checking it out!
The returns policy is great, I have only just started using LH had a problem with a product & it got sorted before I had chance to explain what was wrong properly! Outstanding, please don't abuse this policy though.
I always treat people how I expect to be treated & LH exceeds my high expectations incredibly. We will never shop at another retailer for the products here at LH :)