Cost of energy

Theres a house round the corner with a generator on the drive.
Looks like our electricity will be£200 a month from October and the gas bill has finally arrived after a year trying to sort it out "only " £1000, then to top it off British gas arranged direct debits without our knowledge or authorisation or our bank details using info from our previous supplier that’s got to be against banking protocol?

Probs depends on the small print you agreed to
You can contact the bank, get it back and pay standing order where you are in control but you might lose discounts
or
Ring them and discuss, at which point the whole forum thinks
Yeah, good luck with that

2 Likes

Yup definitely qualifies for a direct debit indemnity.

2 Likes

There was no small print, we wre switched to BG as a supplier of last resort when our company went bust last August then went on pay as you go

Just don’t make it sound like a dispute when you speak to the bank. Disputes are not covered by the direct debit guarantee.

Most of my sessions don’t require electric toys and I’m happy with just a dildo. Not so much about saving energy, more that I’m lazy enough to not want to wash 2 toys :sweat_smile: So I guess I’m saving water, too.

A little. I’d suggest getting a wearable blanket. I never want to take mine off when it gets chilly.

4 Likes

I got my OH a personalised wearable blanket and she loves it. She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis so it’s good for her joints to be warm. As for energy use, we will be using it as and when it’s needed, but have never wasted it anyway and already done all the insulation, led bulbs etc so it will be interesting to see our next bill.

2 Likes

Definitely, i have an oil filled electric radiator in the bedroom, which is good to get the room warm fast without putting the central heating on. It’s about 25 years old but does the job when needed!

1 Like

I’m definitely mindful of not putting the heat on when normally I’d have had it on by now. I put ot on for 30 mins last night because it was really cold and I wanted my pipes to have a bit of heat. Don’t think its cold enough yet for frozen pipes but thats a concern.

I haven’t had any payments from my electric company, thanks for the reminder @Fantasy69 I’m going to check out the website and see if there’s any info on it there.

1 Like

Just bought one of those mega fleece hoody things…jeezus… you could sit on your patio in the Arctic with one of these things .

Picture removed by mod - Please post in Images to share in topics

You might look a total prat, but a warm prat.!!

3 Likes

I have an oodie, I love it, it’s rarely off me!

3 Likes

My kinda monster :kissing_heart:

Go pub, they have heating.
Having a round on the government rebate

My mains powered toys are soon going to be my hoover and washing machine :see_no_evil::joy:

Literally sitting in my pizza one as we speak :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

A few months ago we had another set of solar panels fitted to our existing set so now we have up to 9.5kw of solar power. But not only that we have 19 kw of batteries that can power the entire house for up to two days of no sun.

So throughout the day we use power that is generated from the solar panels that charges the batteries at the same time and at night we use power from the batteries, or a bit of both if it’s a cloudy day. When the weather is nice in the spring and summer the batteries are usually charged up by 10am.

Our electricity bills have basically gone especially from April till September/October, and because we have air conditioning that can be used basically for free and the heat source can also be used so our gas bills have also dropped massively in the cooler months.

I can now say that orgasms with the magic wand are free of charge lol.

4 Likes