Crochet!

OK I learned from one of the threads about people assuming that we're not kinky because of our other hobbies thread and seen that there was quite a few knitters/ceocheters (sp) out there.

I haven't done this in a few years (Since Terrorist was born) and as he is expecting a brother soon he wanted to do a gift for him and I figured we could make a blanket together. However all of the knitted shops seem to have closed down, and it's not like you can feel the wool online.

Do any of you have any recommendations of Baby blue and Yellow yarn that you've purchased online which is soft, good quality and reasonable in price! (I spotted 50g of lemon baby yarn for £7.49 and unless I'm a cheap skate this is not acceptable haha)

Are you preggers? !?!??!!
mentalist

Oh hell no LOL! His dad's wife is expecting.

Oh ok. I'll just edit my post...

haha no hunni, I'm not in Bristol. Thanks though! It'd have to be online as any stores I previously used have all long gone now. It seems knitting seems to be a dying art.

Sum Sub wrote:

Oh ok. I'll just edit my post...

LOL!

The OH would love it if I was. But no; there will be no babies for me - for a long long time!

pound shops and cheap shops often have wool for cheap i got a kit out of 99p stores i think a couple of years ago, but my knittng skills leave a lot to be desired. i'm pretty sure hobby craft does wool too
if you search for baby knitting wool you can get balls of wool under £2 a ball

Have you tried hobbycraft? They to lots of wool for baby projects.. You could always write down the wool make/ model no... And do an eBay search for it cheaper

There isn't a pound store near me; I'd have to go in to town. I've seen a few that are quite cheap, but I'm concerned about the quality of them. I'd like a thick soft yarn.