Cross dressing

A friend of mine has been interested in cross dressing for a while now but he doesnt have a clue how to get sizes and stuff like that and is totally confused by the vast array of lingere anyone got any advice for him?

crag630 wrote:

A friend of mine has been interested in cross dressing for a while now but he doesnt have a clue how to get sizes and stuff like that and is totally confused by the vast array of lingere anyone got any advice for him?

Ebay is great for the heels if you can't get to london x

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I have tried looking myself over the past few months to find an online shop that deals with mens sized heels as I have super wide feet and fit a mens size 7 better than any womens sizes, but it seems no such thing exists on Google! Lol!

As for clothes, I don't know any better actually, except padded bras or padding breast things for flat chested girls if he wants some shape or fit into a sexy dress nicely.

Other things like skirts and stockings, knickers and garters are easy peasy though.

AA have you tried Evans? I'm a size 8 (superwide feet too External Media ) & I can fit into a 7 with their shoes!! Maybe you'd fit into their size 6? & They have the yummiest purple suede boots at the mo External Media

My partner has been cross dressing for years, so I'm a bit of an expert!

If confused about sizing easiest thing is to get a tape measure and work it out. Traditionally built men usually are a couple of sizes bigger on top, because of the broad shoulders and comparatively narrow hips. My partner often ends up wearing baggy tops simply for the width of his shoulders. However, this does not affect bras or strappy lingerie, and straps have the nice optical illusion of minimising the width of the shoulder.

As for breasts, it's a bit pointless buying prosthetics unless you can afford to buy the REALLY expensive upmarket ones. Its easy to obtain push-up bras that come with some serious padding, and fill the rest of the space with 'chicken fillet' style breast enhancers.

A word about bra sizing-- crossdressers have the enviable position of deciding how big they want their boobs. However, don't get too ambitious! If your friend is a big person, he can probbaly get away with a DD or E. If he's slender, for gods' sake he mustn't go bigger than a C. It will just look ridiculous.

As Avrielle_Aniko suggests, corsets are great for pulling in the waist and giving an hourglass figure, plus being sexy in their own right. I would suggest an underbust corset for a man.

Shoes can be more difficult, and there is no getting away from the fact he will have to try some women's shoes on to get a proper fit. My partner is 10 in men's shoes and only a 9 in womens, confusing or what?

It all depends on the size of his feet. Evans go up to an 11 and are widefitting, but they ONLY do widefitting, which is no good if you have narrow or normal feet (My partner cant wear his Evans shoes out, he keeps slipping out of them!)

Rather cheaper is the budget shoeshop Priceless Shoes. They also go up to an 11 in many heels, and although their stuff is not good quality, it's cheap and thus fun to experiment with, especially if you're not really sure what your look is.

If his feet are size 9 or smaller, you can get shoes from most places. If size 12 or bigger, it gets more difficult, but as I've mentioned, women's sizes are different anyway, so you may be a size smaller than you thought you were. Evein if you are 12 or bigger, these shoes can still be got, so don't despair.

Sorry about the essay, hope this helps.

I used to wear womens underwear when I was younger.Like I found it softer and feels nicer.The other day the OH dared me to try on her thong

Last night at the burlesque we saw a slender gentleman wearing a corset and I must agree on the underbust idea from glitterkitty. I'm sure a fuller man could carry off an overbust corset but on a slimmer man it just looks sort of like it's "plonked" on.

With an underbust you can wear a very padded bra and add more to the curves the corset creates.

Adx

I'm interested in the idea (I've wore a PVC cop's dress & knee high black boots for my OH to cheer her up.) I would like to do it just for her, I'd like a nice femmine slender look, which I think I could get away with as I'm 5ft '8 & just below 9st.

Thanks everyone this makes it a lot less confusing :)

If he is wanting to buy clothes in public (this may not work if he is older than student age) but my advice would be to go to a university town during term time (shops are use to students going in and asking for assistance in buying ladies's clothes.) <--Uni rugby teams to name just one group are well known for this.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Glitter&Gold - I have tried Evans but their sizes don't fit well either..

Bugger :-(

i think the internet would be good for this. most places do free returns, or you could buy from companies that send the clothes on a credit basis ( so you pay after a month or so and then send back what wont fit)

i know ebay do some stuff and a quick google search will bring up some sites that will sell transgender and cross dressing clothes and lingerie