Desensitised

So, does the regular use of sex toys lead to desensitisation? Has anyone experienced this? Interested to hear views.

3 Likes

We use toys most times we have “fun” and haven’t noticed it. I guess it depends how regularly you are using them and how intense they are? But I don’t every think I heard of it happening.

Yes it can happen if something is used on a regular basis. Best to leave using something for a few day’s so that the body is not quite to used to the new sensations it had experienced.

3 Likes

There’s no evidence to say that it leads to any permanent desensitisation or anything (unless your using a wand or something super powerful at top speed for 23 hours a day, 7 days a week, in which case, yes you may do some harm).

A body can start to rely on a certain method to orgasm if you do the exact same thing over and over, so it doesn’t hurt to change things up every so often, but you can train yourself out of over reliance (this isn’t just a toy thing though, you can over rely on your hands or a partner or visual stimulation etc)

7 Likes

Great advice from @Calie. I have experienced this too but it is only temporary and can be reversed by avoiding that toy for a while. If you usually use a wand, switch to fingers or a less powerful toy for a while, it will take longer to orgasm this way but it will allow your body to regain sensitivity.

2 Likes

I have also experienced this before - just give toys a
break for a few days and the problem is resolved.

1 Like

Guess with many things it’s a true possibility it could happen depending on different factors.

I’ve used my mains powered wand a few times a week for over 10 years now and have not noticed any loss of sensation at all.

2 Likes

I find it best to have a lot of different toys and switch between different zones of stimulation, using the same one repeatedly takes the edge off it. Also leaving it out altogether if I don’t feel a strong urge and not forcing an orgasm; it’s much better when they just can’t be stopped. :exploding_head:

1 Like