Discovered a LH fan

Finally discovered a perk of covering postal duties, LH packagaing is only discrete if no one else is in on the secret! Handed the regular letters/catalogues/junk mail around until they was one solitary plain cardboard box left. I recognised it instantly and found myself having to deliver it to the boss, not a flicker when I handed it over, although he did leave pretty soon afterwards....

It was a pretty big and heavy box, not only being potentially jealous of its contents, I can't stop imagining what was in there!

So has anyone else come across a LH box other than their own?

I think I would be utterly utterly mortified if my boss was ordering stuff from LH! LOL

That is so funny. I would have had to give him a cheeky wink as I handed it to him though lol.

maybe its a bit like parents you dont think they have a sex life

A few years ago my OH's little boy brought some 'art' home from school. You know the sort. . .cardboard box with feathers, buttons, felt etc glued onto it.

This box still had the address label on. His teacher had brought a load of boxes in for the kids to use.

It had an LH label on it! :S

SG

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

A few years ago my OH's little boy brought some 'art' home from school. You know the sort. . .cardboard box with feathers, buttons, felt etc glued onto it.

This box still had the address label on. His teacher had brought a load of boxes in for the kids to use.

SG

hahahaha bet parents evening was waaaaay more interesting afterwards!

jenkat wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

SG

hahahaha bet parents evening was waaaaay more interesting afterwards!

"Yeah, it'll be fine- just use those ones too. No one will notice!!!!"

TTurtle wrote:

I think I would be utterly utterly mortified if my boss was ordering stuff from LH! LOL

He's gone up in my estimations after that! Lol

Wetone wrote:

That is so funny. I would have had to give him a cheeky wink as I handed it to him though lol.

I did have a bit of smile on my face when I handed it over though, couldn't help myself! If there's a next time, I definitely throw in a wink.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

SG

thats great !

hahah poor teacher I would want to know what was in the box too

i came across one at work but handed it over to the guy, kept a straight face and siad "enjoy" im not sure if he knew i knew.

slighlty off topic, but my colleagues keep getting suspicipous as to the contents of my boxes, so ive started double bluffing... if only they knew ;)

I was reading a review when i saw a name and just knew it was a work mate, don't know how i knew but just did, when i asked her about it she went as red as a beetroot and we fell about laughing, and we've been laughing ever since

Came home from lectures earlier this year to discover a LH box outside my university-managed housing addressed to my housemate. Left it on the living room table and never mentioned it to her.

i work for royal mail - and yes delivered loads - and almost all to ladies- good fun to look at them,wink and say "have a nice day"

-then it drives me mad thinking, what was in the box!

T

I have never collected anyone elses for whatever reason but I am at university and I have had to pick the box up from the sorting office. The lady behind gave me a smile when I collected and I had assumed she knew exactly where the box was from. the local royal mail must handle several aday

Oh I clocked a girl on the tube with a big LH box the other day hehe

This thread terrifies me.

Well, the company turns over £16M a year so that has to be 500k to 1M parcels per year - say one for every 100 people in the UK or one for every 30 households. Looked at like that every postie in the land must have delivered loads. So, you have sex and you enjoy it. If anyone thinks that is unusual or wrong they have the problem, not you.

I guess LH could use those plastic 'documents enclosed' things on the package and obscure the magic phrase in there (I often find that the sender's details are not visible on the outside when these have been used) but for me I just don't care.

Gyrator53 wrote:

Well, the company turns over £16M a year so that has to be 500k to 1M parcels per year - say one for every 100 people in the UK or one for every 30 households. Looked at like that every postie in the land must have delivered loads. So, you have sex and you enjoy it. If anyone thinks that is unusual or wrong they have the problem, not you.

I guess LH could use those plastic 'documents enclosed' things on the package and obscure the magic phrase in there (I often find that the sender's details are not visible on the outside when these have been used) but for me I just don't care.

Hear hear. Well said.

And I think, to be honest, the only people who are going to recognise a nice discreet LH package, are others who use LH. No reason to get embarrased, its almost like an inside joke between friends amungst strangers or collegues!