Disposal of Toy Packaging

Fold the cardboard ones inside out and cut up the plastic inserts, pop them in the recycling bins. The Lelo boxes etc get kept.

I just rip the box in to little pieces and put them all in a bag in the recycling bin.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

It's the plastic clamshells that are possibly harder to dispose of. The shape of a dildo, punched into plastic...

I remember when I threw out my mountain of Tantus packaging, and I just sat there for hours cutting the dildo-shaped plastic inserts into hundreds of tiny little plastic shards. Took forever, but it least it took up less room in the recycling.

Here's pic of Mount Tantus: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgISAS9CcAAsw_-.jpg

I have to be a bit careful because the kids are old enough to take their rubbish/recycling out to the bin themselves so usually wait until the night before bin men are due and put it in - don't care if they see it as long as they empty the damn bins

xGGx

MrsMcX wrote:

I always recycle mine, and I tend to just rip the box into tiny little pieces, or I turn the box inside out and squash it flat so it can't be seen. Sometimes I put the box inside another box, like a pizza box or something. It's pretty easy to be discreet when you put your mind to it :)

Same!

we just sling ours in the recycle, bin men must be so used to seeing this sort of stuff now i bet they dont even bat an eyelid, maybe they might on a mega dong!

All of my Fifty Shades stuff is in the satin bags still in the boxes because it makes organising easier. The other empty boxes are either in the back of the drawer or thrown away hidden in something else.

I had this issue today lol! I went on a bit of a spree in the last month and I'm pretty sure that my binmen AND my postman think I have a bit of a problem.
Living in shared accommodation is a pain as it's always awkward to dispose of a giant cock shaped clamshell. I generally flatten all boxes, if the packaging is especially lewd I turn all paper inserts/boxes inside out and then slot them into other boxes. If they're still too obnoxious I try to snip them up as much as possible. And then hide it all inside the discreet LH brown boxes. I've had a close shave with raunchy packages in my trash in the past so I like to take extra care in disposal now ;)

I think I may either mix it all up with other cardboard and paper and put it in the recycling or take it to the local supermarket and put it in there one.

We just have very nosy elder neighbours and with having a communal bin which is shared by 10 properties just made it hard as want to be discreet as none of their business what we get up to ;)

jayandrach wrote:

I think I may either mix it all up with other cardboard and paper and put it in the recycling or take it to the local supermarket and put it in there one.

We just have very nosy elder neighbours and with having a communal bin which is shared by 10 properties just made it hard as want to be discreet as none of their business what we get up to ;)

even more reason to get some packaging for the biggest dildo lovehoney sell and leaving it ln the top!

The recycling bins for where I live are shared by 10 separate households and are only collected every other week, so I'm somewhat apprehensive about recycling my packaging. That being said, leaving it in my house isn't any more private, what with my dad nosing about. I had to discreetly tuck a Bondage Boutique tag underneath a yoghurt pot the other day to avoid detection when he popped round for a visit.

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

Monkeysnacks wrote:

I had to discreetly tuck a Bondage Boutique tag underneath a yoghurt pot the other day to avoid detection when he popped round for a visit.

I hope he respected your boundairy...s.

Ok, I'll show myself out.

lol

Monkeysnacks wrote:

The recycling bins for where I live are shared by 10 separate households and are only collected every other week, so I'm somewhat apprehensive about recycling my packaging. That being said, leaving it in my house isn't any more private, what with my dad nosing about. I had to discreetly tuck a Bondage Boutique tag underneath a yoghurt pot the other day to avoid detection when he popped round for a visit.

That is where were lucky as it's just my wife and I with our 1 year old. So can leave the packaging in the bedroom.

I just chuck mine in the outside bin. my family have seen the boxes by now anyway. My father even told me that I need to stop putting them in without covering them up because the bin men/woman might think that they belong to my mother haha. xx

Mine goes in the recycle bin this is also the place the postman leaves my packages if I'm not in so im sure he enjoys having a look in our bin ;-)

Same here, just flatten them all down and into the recycling box. Don't really care if the bin men notice them or not!

I cut plastic packaging that hose the toys in to "manageable chunks" and also cut the LH box in to tiny strips. I somehow find that quite therapeutic seeing it get smaller and smaller and forming a large pile of cardboard at same time to be put in bin bag

Thanks again LH.

Regards

ALGaz.

I just recycle them i really dont mind if anyone sees them! =P

Surely the simple answer is just to throw away the toy box inside the discreet brown box?

I have a shredder, so all the thin card boxes get put through that! Clamshells and entirely plastic packages (I'm looking at you, Tantus) are the worst though, I cut them up into bits but I've ended up slicing myself on the sharp edge a couple of times. Not fun. I quite like the foam inserts that pipedream use because they're easier to take apart but not so easy to recycle :(