Disposal of Toy Packaging

Hi,

I was wondering how everyone disposes of the packaging your toys come in as Lovehoney send in plain discreet packaging so is not a problem to just take the labels off and stick the box in the recycling bin however the little problem comes when you go to dispose of the actual box for the toy itself.

we have communal recycling bins and do try to recycle as much as we can which is why im asking as don't really want to just put them in the normal rubbish bin.

Many thanks in advance.

I always recycle mine, and I tend to just rip the box into tiny little pieces, or I turn the box inside out and squash it flat so it can't be seen. Sometimes I put the box inside another box, like a pizza box or something. It's pretty easy to be discreet when you put your mind to it :)

MrsMcX wrote:

I always recycle mine, and I tend to just rip the box into tiny little pieces, or I turn the box inside out and squash it flat so it can't be seen. Sometimes I put the box inside another box, like a pizza box or something. It's pretty easy to be discreet when you put your mind to it :)

+1

I just throw it away in all it's glory, I want the bin men to come and think holy crap who lives here and bought the mega thick sleeve or see a stroker and think ooh I like that I might get one, I like to do my bit for lovehoney advertising :)

I cut off any plastic pieces (and eventually have them recycled along with ice tea bottles and other plastic stuff), sometimes having to cut out the magnetic bits if there are any on the box. Having done that, I take the box apart, put the pieces into a stack of old papers and other cardboard boxes (I usually take them apart, too, however "innocent" they are, lol, unless they are soft enough to be squashed easily) and thriw all the stuff in the nearest recycling bin.

I have known people who put their toy boxes in a neighbour's recycling. I just turn mine inside out or put them inside other boxes, it doesn't really bother me.

It's the plastic clamshells that are possibly harder to dispose of. The shape of a dildo, punched into plastic...

Depends on packaging. Something like TC or LH packaging i just flatten and recycle. I'm not ashamed of my toys and we're all adults.
But then there is those tacky boxes with explicit images on them - i put alot of time to cut them in to strips.

I had one thing I bought that was really tacky and had a picture of a naked couple and her Nasty breasts were in full show, that got left in the cardboard box, it was also shaped, not good!

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

It's the plastic clamshells that are possibly harder to dispose of. The shape of a dildo, punched into plastic...

Snip snip ✂

Young and fun95 wrote:

I just throw it away in all it's glory, I want the bin men to come and think holy crap who lives here and bought the mega thick sleeve or see a stroker and think ooh I like that I might get one, I like to do my bit for lovehoney advertising :)

+1

I like you, Y+F, I like you a lot

I echo what everyone else says. I usually fold up any cardboard boxes and put them all inside one of the lovehoney brown boxes and put that in our recycling bin. I usually rip the label off as well so they can't see my name or address haha.

Plastic clamshells usually get cut up, so if they are shaped like a penis or whatever, it's a little hard to work out what it was.

Life is too short to cut up boxes and plastic clamshells so I just bung it all in the bin. I think the bin men are too busy to notice what comes from which house and it all gets mixed up on the lorry.

I sometimes re-use the brown cardboard boxes for eBay sales and then I am quite careful and make sure I fully remove the address label.

I didn't want the bin men to see what we had been buying so I didn't bin the packages, I kept it in a box.
Unfortunately we have been a bit LH crazy over the last few months and if we bin it all now it will look shameful. There must be 20 or 30 boxes. Wondering if I can wait until my neighbour moves in the next few weeks and pop it into her bin. Then the bin men wont be sure if it was hers or the new neighbours :)

I cut them up so they no longer look like big cocks.

All just goes in the bin as it is (with the recyclable bits in the right bins). I have a little giggle to myself when the bin men come to empty them lol

Don't forget about the neighbourhood recycling areas, they're pretty anonymous. A web search should turn up a reasonably convenient location or two, like the back of a supermarket parking lot. There will be a small rubbish bin provided for any stray non-recyclable bits too.

I cut the plastic parts up into smaller pieces if they have the shape of the toy. The cardboard packaging I place inside other boxes.

That's something I've never given a thought. I just squash it into a flat piece of card or plastic as best I can then in the recycling it goes.

It doesn't really bother me, I just chuck it in.

Although sometimes I leave the recycled packaging right on top so they can see what I've bought when they look in the bin lol