do tattoos look sexy on a girl

I really wanna get some writting tattooed on my back. It will only be smallish and will be at the top between my shoulders so it wont always be visable. The problem is that my stupid husband says he hates tatoos on women and doesnt want me to get it done. He refuses to accept the fact that tattoos can look sexy on women. I'm really torn between wanting to get it done but dont want to upset him if he is gonna be turned off by it. ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

I say go for it, but you need to talk to your husband first and discuss it.

I have loads of tattoos, some are rather big aswell, my husband doesnt have any as he doesnt like them, but he is ok with me having them as it is my choice and my body. The only thing he does ask of me before i get a new one is to make sure its the right one i want and that im happy i wont regret it.

But overall, its your body. Include him in it, it may change his views.

Hope this helps

If you're unsure hun try a temporary one 1st.

It'll give you & him a chance to see how you'd really feel if you got one with out going through all of that pain etc just to find out you hate it?

i would too say gor for it if ur husband is ok with it. ive got three tattoos and my OH loves them

I suggest a forum search for some previous great advice:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/s.cfm?term=tattoo&department=community

Yes they can, But Some of us blokes are picky...

the ones Lady-J has look lovely!

If she wanted one say on the back of her neck or at the small of her back that would be cool!

But none on her breasts or tummy or above her foofoo, IMO I don't like them, And they wouldnt look right on J, But thats only my opinion.

Basically I think a ladies Ink should look elegant, artistic, evocative and subtle.

im sure i want it and have really wanted one for years but until now i have always given in to him sayin no to me getting it. The more i try and talk about it with him or show him what i want the more he just says 'No, i hate it. I wont hear of it' The worst thing is he has tattoos LOL!!

I don't mind little tats! A little flower, a little swirl, a tiny message, etc... But I just don't see the appeal of getting big ones, personally. It's all a matter of taste I guess. If your hubby really doesn't like them, maybe try a temporary one first just to try and change his mind... It depends on whether you would rather impress yourself or him, I guess!

I have wanted a lip piercing for 4 years now, and have not got it done purely because the OH doesn't like it too much. I could, as I love them, but I'm fine to settle for fake ones on nights out... As long as he's happy! =]

At the end of the day, it's really your choice, but do discuss it with him!

Besides, he wouldn't be a great hubby if he stopped loving you over a tattoo, right? =)

Well if he has tattoos, then it is not fair for him to say no to you. Have you asked him why he doesnt want you to have one? Are there any reasons you can think of?

At the end of the day, it is your body and therefore, your choice. I love tattoos and if i could, i would have a sleeve done but that is more hassle than it is worth.

Just ask him some questions as to why he doesnt want you to have one and see what his response is. If it is valid, then just discuss it, make him discuss it!

I've got 5 tattoos and planning my sixth so I say go for it. Just make sure you are happy with the design and it's just as important you are happy with where on your body you are having it.

My OH isn't into tattoos at all but he knows it's my body and if I choose to have it tattooed then that's my choice. I would talk it over with your husband first though, but at the end of the day it is your body.

Make sure you go to a reputable tattooist! X

I have 2. One was my "dipping a toe in the water" tattoo so its very small and hidden under a bra strap most of the time.

The other is pretty big and detailed but its only visible when I'm naked. Hubby wasn't particularly impressed when I got that one, but the wierd thing is, after a while you stop noticing it. I must see it every day but I don't "see" it. Odd...

So even if your OH doesn't like the idea, chances are he'll forget its there after a while.

Is his objection to tattoos on women in general or the idea that someone else will see it (say when you're wearing summer clothes) and that's what he doesn't like? If its the latter, maybe you could compromise and get it somewhere where no-one will ever see it except him? Sorta like a secret only the 2 of you know about. I dunno if that would make it more appealing to him?

For me personally, I think tattoos can be very sexy on women, but it depends on the tattoo.

melt-in-the-mouth wrote:

im sure i want it and have really wanted one for years but until now i have always given in to him sayin no to me getting it. The more i try and talk about it with him or show him what i want the more he just says 'No, i hate it. I wont hear of it' The worst thing is he has tattoos LOL!!

The difficult thing is - he seems like he's being a bit of silly about it!

WandA doesn't really like piercings and there are many I've always wanted. The fact that he's not fond of them means I don't have them right now, but the freedom he gives me to do as I choose with my body means I don't feel like I can't. If anything, it makes me feel more ok with not having them because he doesn't like them because he's not the one stopping me...I am.

I think if you really want it then it is your body and he has to respect that!

Adxx

This thread has inspired me to upload my tattoo to my profile...

I've never found tattoos sexy, but I do love tattoos.

I find a good tattoo is a great conversation piece and makes someone more interesting as a person. A good tattoo will generaly be stylish, have strong personal meaning and is hopefully unique to the wearer.

A lame tattoo is just unimpressive and a little dissapointing. It could be a turn-off I guess.

I've always encouraged partners to go ahead with things like this if they really want it, but I can understand that not everyone appreciates body customization as much as I do.

What I am curious about is WHY does he not like tattoos on you and what are his reasons behind not wanting you to have any? Understanding the underlying reasons can help you find out if it is an issue that can be compromised on, or whether this will be a constant point of contention.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

melt-in-the-mouth wrote:

The difficult thing is - he seems like he's being a bit of silly about it!

WandA doesn't really like piercings and there are many I've always wanted. The fact that he's not fond of them means I don't have them right now, but the freedom he gives me to do as I choose with my body means I don't feel like I can't. If anything, it makes me feel more ok with not having them because he doesn't like them because he's not the one stopping me...I am.

I think if you really want it then it is your body and he has to respect that!

Adxx

External Media " Likes " External Media

See, I would feel like a big bad hypocrit if I told J she couldnt have any ink, As I do myself.

And I do know how the OP feels, When Jade vehemently disagrees with something I want to do to myself, Wether that be a tattoo, A form of masteration or whatever, I really really get cross.... Simply because I feel VERY strongly that this body is mine, And mine alone. And if I wish to do anything to it, Within reason ( aka not harmfull to others or myself ) Then I should bloody well be aloud to!

If I were to start letting anyone dictate what I can or can't do with my own body, Then I would feel I had lost any kind of self respect or confidence in myself.

Your body is your temple, And it's you're decision only as to what happens in/on that temple!External Media

Sorry if that sounds rather rebelliious or stand-offish, Its not meant to, Tis just how I feel.

Luckely J respects this, And because of this, I respect her. There is one thing I have always been ok with - Smoking weed. But J hates this passionately, So I don't do it.

Its all about give and take at the end of the day!

Maybe, You could get online ad look at some tattoo sites, And go through some of the more subtle yet elegant styles and see if he likes. Pick out something like a lily or a pink rose for the nape of your neck etc. You never know. He may warm to the idea ;)

... After hearing that he has tattoos, I must say I am also curious as to why you can't get just one...

Maybe that's the issue you need to discuss with him here.

Perhaps he doesn't want other people seeing it, or wants to feel like he "owns" you as a wife... So he wants a say over what you do with your body. Or maybe he really wants you to be unspoiled and touched only by him! Perhaps he's even worried about who will be manhandling you to draw the thing! All possible.

Of course it could just be that he finds it a turn-off... But I'm a strict vegetarian, and I hate when my man has just eaten meat... But that doesn't mean I'll stop him. He also has a lot of bodily hair, which isn't exactly a turn on for me, but I'm not gunna make him shave it all off!

I mean jeez, if you love someone enough to marry them, you should at least support their decisions. It's not adultery, it's a tattoo.

Sorry, bit of a rant there... But I do think you should have a nice calm discussion with him about why it is he doesn't want you to have one, and if you can come to a compromise.

Besides, even if you got one without his blessing, I'm sure he'd get used to it!

at the risk of making my husband sound like a bigotted prick he doesnt like tattoos on women because he says they look trashy and cheap. Hes russian and says that its not really accepted that women get tattoos as they are for men. Also he had a big rant about who is gonna read it on my back and it'll just attract male attention if i show it.

Not if they include names of former lovers!

melt-in-the-mouth wrote:

at the risk of making my husband sound like a bigotted prick he doesnt like tattoos on women because he says they look trashy and cheap. Hes russian and says that its not really accepted that women get tattoos as they are for men. Also he had a big rant about who is gonna read it on my back and it'll just attract male attention if i show it.

Ok, So that sounds rather unfair and a very stone-age attitude to show toward his wife!

I'm sorry, I don't care wat part of the world anyone comes from, Men need to start waking up, Smelling the coffee and having some god damn respect for their wivesExternal Media

Sorry if I cause offence, but this really grinds me down! I have a friend who's husband treats her just like this, And within two years I've watched a really confident, Funny, Happy, Bubbly young woman, Turn into a nervous, Indesisive, frightened little girl, So I feel really strongly about this.

Paul External Media

My best friend I should have said ;)

Ur former best friend I hope, Sed