Do you guys really prefer long hair??

alone4ever wrote:

The short answer to that questionfrom my point of view is yes, I find long hair especially below the shoulder very attractive. It's feminine and softens the face of a woman. sometimes a woman can carry off a short style, if it's quirky, the sort of naughty Pixi look.

So many women my age go for the short styles as I suppose they are much easier to look after, but so many also go for a very masculine crew cut type look, and it leaves me confused as to why a woman would want to look so masculine at 50, lesbian women yes I get it, but not a straight woman.

But maybe they don't care whether men like it or not, if they like it then good for them, we all want to be the way we feel we are.

But you take the wig off a cross dressed man, and what had you guessing before, leaves no doubt it's a man when the long wig is gone.

I'm sorry - but what is a straight / gay / feminine / masculine person supposed to look like? 

I really feel uncomfortable with sweeping generalisations on peoples sexual orientation / gender based on how they look or act. As for making assumptions on "masculinity" or "femininity"; that is simply us putting our own upbringing and opinion on other people. Regarding the reason a lot of women in their 50s want to cut their hair short is probably down to the fact that they know shorter hair is SO much more comfortable than long hair (why do you think guys often go for short hair?!) and have reached an age where they finally don't give a flying hoot what other people think. I find it saddest that many women don't feel free enough to try it earlier in life for "not looking how they're supposed to" or having to trip over this kind of opinion if they chop their hair off. 

(Side note: using this logic, are men with long hair feminine?)

The only thing which needs to change is peoples' assumptions on what someone's look "means" because in reality, it doesn't mean anything other than that's what they wanted to look like that day.

I have my head completely shaved (apart from a fringe at the front). Some days I wear a full face of make up, heels and a dress and look "cute", other times I stick on my cut of camo shorts, skate shoes and a baggy tee with no make up and look like "a boy" (especially when combined with me being heavily tattooed and not exactly "ladylike"). People telling me I looked like a boy used to make me feel ashamed and embarrassed, as if to say "you're supposed to be girly if you're a girl" but who the hell made that rule? (And what's so wrong with looking like a boy anyway? They're not THAT bad ya know!)

When it comes right down to it, who cares what other people like? No matter WHAT you do, someone will always dislike it - so for all the guys who like long hair, there will be a bunch who can't stand it. So be yourself and worry about what you want to see in the mirror, not what other people think.

As Dita Von Teese says, "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." 

End of. Be yourseld. Be happy. Make others happy. ^_^

Ok guys thanks again for yours thoughts and comments.

Back to original profile pic now - but seriously considering uploading some lingerie pics (maybe) as feel a bit better about things.

You are genuinely a lovely bunch of peeps xx

+1 Jess. Perfectly said 👏👏

alone4ever wrote:

The short answer to that questionfrom my point of view is yes, I find long hair especially below the shoulder very attractive. It's feminine and softens the face of a woman. sometimes a woman can carry off a short style, if it's quirky, the sort of naughty Pixi look.

So many women my age go for the short styles as I suppose they are much easier to look after, but so many also go for a very masculine crew cut type look, and it leaves me confused as to why a woman would want to look so masculine at 50, lesbian women yes I get it, but not a straight woman.

But maybe they don't care whether men like it or not, if they like it then good for them, we all want to be the way we feel we are.

But you take the wig off a cross dressed man, and what had you guessing before, leaves no doubt it's a man when the long wig is gone.

I'm sorry - but what is a straight / gay / feminine / masculine person supposed to look like? 

I feel really uncomfortable with sweeping generalisations on peoples sexual orientation / gender based on how they look or act. As for making assumptions on "masculinity" or "femininity"; that is simply us putting our own upbringing and opinion on other people. Regarding the reason a lot of women in their 50s want to cut their hair short is probably down to the fact that they know shorter hair is SO much more comfortable than long hair (why do you think guys often go for short hair?!) and have reached an age where they finally don't give a flying hoot what other people think. I find it saddest that many women don't feel free enough to try it earlier in life for "not looking how they're supposed to" or having to trip over this kind of opinion if they chop their hair off. 

The only thing which needs to change is peoples' assumptions on what someone's look "means" because in reality, it doesn't mean anything other than that's what they wanted to look like that day.

I have my head completely shaved (apart from a fringe at the front). Some days I wear a full face of make up, heels and a dress and look "cute", other times I stick on my cut of camo shorts, skate shoes and a baggy tee with no make up and look like "a boy" (especially when combined with me being heavily tattooed and not exactly "ladylike"). People telling me I looked like a boy used to make me feel ashamed and embarrassed, as if to say "you're supposed to be girly if you're a girl" but who the hell made that rule? (And what's so wrong with looking like a boy anyway? They're not THAT bad ya know!)

When it comes right down to it, who cares what other people like? No matter WHAT you do, someone will always dislike it - so for all the guys who like long hair, there will be a bunch who can't stand it. So be yourself and worry about what you want to see in the mirror, not what other people think.

As Dita Von Teese says, "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." 

End of. Be yourself. Be happy. ^_^

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Ok guys thanks again for yours thoughts and comments.

Back to original profile pic now - but seriously considering uploading some lingerie pics (maybe) as feel a bit better about things.

You are genuinely a lovely bunch of peeps xx

I just hope the majority of the comments have given you a much needed( I think) confidince boost.

Like I said before It doesn't matter if you have long hair or short hair ,its a case of if the style suits you and you look mighty fine IMHO.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

alone4ever wrote:

I'm sorry - but what is a straight / gay / feminine / masculine person supposed to look like?

I feel really uncomfortable with sweeping generalisations on peoples sexual orientation / gender based on how they look or act. As for making assumptions on "masculinity" or "femininity"; that is simply us putting our own upbringing and opinion on other people. Regarding the reason a lot of women in their 50s want to cut their hair short is probably down to the fact that they know shorter hair is SO much more comfortable than long hair (why do you think guys often go for short hair?!) and have reached an age where they finally don't give a flying hoot what other people think. I find it saddest that many women don't feel free enough to try it earlier in life for "not looking how they're supposed to" or having to trip over this kind of opinion if they chop their hair off.

End of. Be yourself. Be happy. ^_^

Just.............this x