Do you guys really prefer long hair??

A pretty lame question I know - but do fellas really prefer ladies with long flowing locks?

My hubby has always said he prefers long hair - which I went along with for years, but to be totally honest I am far more comfortable with a short style. All the time I kept it long I had it scraped back off my face and tied up, which apart from anything else gave me real headaches. So I had the chop. Hubby very kindly says its ok and still finds me attractive.

However, I have also noticed a distinct lack of 'admiring glances' shall we say from the opposite sex, which I used to get sometimes - not often but sometimes.

Don't get me wrong I am certainly not looking for anyone else but it did used to be nice just to think that other men found me attractive.

I guess it is probably more than the hair - I just can't accept I'm not a 20 year old 5'11" leggy blonde anymore (27 years ago I was and missing it).

I know this is lame/tame for here but I am genuinely interested to know.

I think OH likes my short cool style. I like long flowing red hair or short spiky hair on women, mid length seems like a style safe girls have

alone4ever wrote:

The short answer to that questionfrom my point of view is yes, I find long hair especially below the shoulder very attractive. It's feminine and softens the face of a woman. sometimes a woman can carry off a short style, if it's quirky, the sort of naughty Pixi look.

So many women my age go for the short styles as I suppose they are much easier to look after, but so many also go for a very masculine crew cut type look, and it leaves me confused as to why a woman would want to look so masculine at 50, lesbian women yes I get it, but not a straight woman.

But maybe they don't care whether men like it or not, if they like it then good for them, we all want to be the way we feel we are.

But you take the wig off a cross dressed man, and what had you guessing before, leaves no doubt it's a man when the long wig is gone.

Oh my goodness - theres no doubting your opinion is there.

I know I asked and this is your own personal preference, but now I feel even worse than I did before. ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

There's no doubt that the long blonde locks is an eye catching look... but personally it doesn't do much more for me beyond that first half second.

Certainly didn't stop me going "whoarrr" over Demi Moore in GI Jane.... :-)

But I guess a skinhead on a girl is eye catching in a different way!

(im a straight female buuut) in general, yes I think women look better with longer hair, but let's be honest, someone who absolutely rocks a short cut looks way more beautiful and sexy than someone average with long hair. As someone with boring mid-length hair, I am jealous of all you women who still look good with short hair. I'd look like a potato lol

My boyfriend says he prefers girls with long hair in general though.

I think it all depends on tbe shape of the face .Some women suit long her like my Mrs and some suit short hair.Not that fussy really. As both can be very attractive. OK I am sitting on the fence again .

I do prefer girls with long hair tbh.

I have no preference, wife had long hair and now keeps it short. She says its about the cut, style and shape. I say if you look good with it short or long hair "happy days"

Sounds more like you need a confidence boost! to your OH "take notice"

popk1n wrote:

... someone who absolutely rocks a short cut looks way more beautiful and sexy than someone average with long hair ...

This. I think what hair looks good on who is more determined by the face and body, rather than sexual preference (gay or straight), or sexual tastes (adventurous or not), or even gender (some guys actually can rock long hair or bold, some can't)! I just never would correlate the hairstyle with everything else about a person's sexuality or character even. It's just a hairstyle. And I would very much stay clear from generaliseing. I would love to rock a short style too, but I can't because of how my head and hair is. Long doesn't suit me well either currently, so yes, I have it mid length and I consider myself anything but a safe girl... :) I am also a natural blonde, but have been happily black for the last couple of years.

I would say go for what makes you feel comfortable. i personally like short hair on women, even like the woman on the walking dead tv show.

when I was younger I had long hair and even as a man I found more women gave me attention. But these days I don't really get any as it was in need of shaving off. I think the attention came from my crazy long hair blowing in the wind haha.

Don't feel less attractive just because of a hair style, I'm sure you still get the same amount of glances. If your feeling self conscious about it you may be just looking at more people hoping to get the passing glances, if that makes sense.

Long hair, looks amazing, is a nightmare to brush, tangles up, and gets in your mouth when things get steamy.

Short hair, easy to wash, looks great when styled, nice to run fingers through, and let's you kiss without a mouthful of it.

Some people really don't suit long hair. So no, I don't find long hair in itself attractive. I find it far more attractive when people have a hairstyle that suits them. If that means long, awesome. If that means short, awesome! It also helps when it's a style they can manage, as again some cannot deal with having long or short hair and the ill kept look is not exactly going to grab you looks for the right reasons.

I'll bet you look fab with your short hair :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Some people really don't suit long hair. So no, I don't find long hair in itself attractive. I find it far more attractive when people have a hairstyle that suits them. If that means long, awesome. If that means short, awesome! It also helps when it's a style they can manage, as again some cannot deal with having long or short hair and the ill kept look is not exactly going to grab you looks for the right reasons.

I'll bet you look fab with your short hair :)

+1 I totally agree with this. I think it really does depend on what suits you, and what you feel comfortable with yourself :) x

Thanks for all your honest and differing views.

Weirdly enough had an ego boost from hubby this morning (after a bit of passion) who actually said - 'I got used to your hair now, it doesn't get in the way now!' - I think that was meant in a good way.

I think like most of you have said, its what you are comfortable with. Xx

Ok so decided to get brave and change pic so you can judge for yourselves. If you feel inclined to leave a comment please be nice!!

My OH used to have quite a short style but she grew it longer just to see if she liked it. I have to say that it makes her look younger and whilst it is more work to look after she prefers it longer now.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Ok so decided to get brave and change pic so you can judge for yourselves. If you feel inclined to leave a comment please be nice!!

Honestly you look fine to me

lovingnewtoys wrote:

you look ace ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I had long hair when I met my husband but when i started my medication and started to lose my hair which has left it very fine I went shorter over a period of time..it is now above my collar which he loves as he has free access to my neck, so i guess the answer is not always....

I much prefer long hair on my self. I cut it 2 years ago to just shoulder length and a bleaching error left it falling ot/breaking to the point some parts were maybe an inch long at most! I've finally reached the point that most of it is shoulder length again, and boy did i miss the ability to tie it back in a bobble. I regret ever going short, i can't wait for it to be all long and flowing again where i can actually do something with it, like plaits, or even a low pony (it has to be a high pony for the front to reach the bobble). It was a massive mistake for my curly hair, i lost all weight to pull it down so it grows outwards when curly which i hate with a passion. Long hair just has so much more versatility and i suit it a lot better, especially as i have a round face, i look like a moon with it short!

On other women i think longer usually looks better too, but then i like longish hair on men too, so it looks very boyish to me when a woman has short hair.

I have very long hair (past my bum) and am always getting compliments for it. I also get subs who come to be just for my hair. But I also know men who love short haired women for various reasons.

I think your hair suits you to be honest. Long hair isn't for everyone, just like short hair doesn't work for all (mysefl being one).