Do you have a favourite review?

I write with a logical progression, from packaging through the to use. I try to explain how I have tested the item and how I/we found it to be. Particular attention paid to features, issues, and observations that are not possible to deduce from the description or information provided.

I always have a last line of summery at the end, so that of the reader get bored they can skip to the last line or two. I also like to add any improvements or things that if included would make things better.

Ironically, my favourite review is the njoy eleven, which is much more emotional and not logical at all. I tend to look to reviews written by my lovehoney friends, as I feel I know their tastes and styles.

Like Vanilla I do have a 'favourite' reviewer. I'm not sure saying who would be a good idea though. I wouldn't want the thread to turn into picking sides.

P.s Anybody having pizza for breakfast?

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

My review style has changed over time. I used to follow a 'procedure' how it arrived, packaging, ect. These days I'd say the reviews I write are 'erratic' lol I have more confidence to go with the flow. I only ever write for Lovehoney though not confident enough to go solo.

I think i am like this too..although maybe I still follow the arriving and packaging details ..I try to write in a way that's informative and fun and hopefully i am enjoyable to read and I've helped some people's ..I only write for LH too...I think my fave reviews I've done are for the nea 2 and my coco de mer candle xxx I have a few favourite reviewers on here xxx

From a Customer care point of view the best reviews for lingerlie listed reviewer's measurements - These were a fav for me as a customer care agent to help other's with fit. 

And as for toys - how it felt and if applicable the vibration strengths , in CC it is hard to explain sometimes when you have not tried the item yourself and these reviews are always super helpful ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Feel I should clarify... I meant to ask if ppl have a favourite review that they themselves have written; not if they have a favourite reviewer x

I like my review of the Clitorizer best because that is the one most people have rated as helpful. :)

i dont have a fav i just like reading everybodys reviews if i,m looking at a item to buy just like to get a cross section of peoples opions about the item

My favourite of my own is my review on this gorgeous piece. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35320

Still not a fan of how my reviews are, I don't love them when I read them back. I'm going to try and be a bit more creative with the next lot.

I do read my reviews back from time to time to see if I can improve them in the future but this one is probably my favourite

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33683

I find reviews helpful in my couch of toys ect
but I wouldn't say I have a preferred reviewer.
Nearly all the reviews I have read seem honest and helpful for that to all reviewers Thankyou

Thank you Paige that means a lot.

MK7 wrote:

I try to just gloss over the very basics then get in to detail about the actual usage of it and any pros and cons. I do find myself waffling a little much. I do feel I'm improving though. Perhaps a review of the month shortlist is one the cards in the future. Who knows. I've written 10 reviews this month already, I'm definitely noticing a style of mine developing.

I just wanted to say the way you reviewed the TENGA eggs is brilliant. Thanks for that! Have you tried the Lovers Heart?

I like to write longer reviews with more detail and a bit of humour thrown in to break it up a bit. If it is clothing or lingerie I am reviewing then I naturally have to talk about the form, feel, fit, and fall of the outfit. If it is a toy I go for my experiences with it from start to finish, without the gore details.

Just Jenson wrote:

My favourite was my first negative review from a tester toy.

What should have been such a great item turned out to be such a let down in so many ways and I felt compelled to spill all the beans. I found myself thinking about it non stop (the toy and the experience with it) prior to writing the review and coming up with lots of ideas to improve it.

Despite my suggested improvements. it got removed from here as it was so bad and I have not seen a new improved version as yet

OMG I remember that one =)

My review style depends on my mood and how was inspired and felt using / wearing the item. Often times I associate music with setting a mood / sexuality and will be inspired with a review approach. I call these my "theme song" reviews.

My favorites (cause I just cant pick 1) that are musically inspired are:

- My review of the Happy Rabbit II Natural "All I Wanna Do Is Ride the Happy Rabbit" (inspired by Mustang Sally)

- I had alerady written my tribute to Prince / Raspberry Beret for the Lovehoney flirty knicker said color prior to his passing titled "She Wore Raspberry Boyshorts"

-And I had way too much fun with "Baby's Got Open Back" for the Lovehoney Open Back Brief inspired by Sir Mix A Lot's Baby Got Back.

Yet I write many that are stragiht forward and more standard review material. I tend to be a mix of factual and emotional understanding that the way others may emotionally connect with an item is different. I was lucky enough to be runner up once last year for ROTM with that style of review of the Lovehoney Adore Me Lace & Mcrofibre Chemise Set. That was pretty amazing and I keep raising my game in hopes to get in the running again. In between times I love writing them and having the opportunity to test. I am almost to 100 so I had better get cracking again. =)

I appreciate everyone's reviews as it truly helps me decide on new products / expanded product ranges to try. The "real people" reviews were one of the reasons I started buying here vs. other sources closer to home. The only ones I don't find as helpful are the 2-3 sentences that are "hey we loved it and it looked sexy" but I always figure we are all different in our approach and comfort level of what to share and am glad people are giving feedback.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

I think picking a favourite would be hard, as it's not just the style of writing that matters, it's the content, what's being reviewed and whether that review is relevant to what you are looking for.

For example; lingerie reviews I look for the sizing and whether they've told me how the item fits and then I gauge whether my tiny boobs will fit. For toy reviews I look at the build quality, the vibrations and whether they'd suit my anatomy. For other reviews I look for helpfulness rather than funny stories or poems. It's just how I read things.
I couldn't pick a favourite because I look for different things on different items.

I've read hundreds of reviews and I cannot pick out 1 favourite. How they pick ROTM I don't know. :O

+1 about tiny boobs. Even on items I have zero interest in buying, sometimes I'll scan the reviews to see if someone with small boobs has reviewed it.

I don't really have a favourite review of my own, the style of review I write has changed over time, over different items and some are definitely better than others, but I have no #1.

I'm proud of all my babys :3

My favourite own review would be the maid costume.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I haven't written that many yet, but I do try to keep it informative without being over detailed as I find when I am reading reviews if they are too long I tend to scan rather than read. I also like to try and inject just a little humour.

Having said that, I have just written my first tester review and I did feel I owed it to LH to be more detailed than usual as they were kind enough to choose me to write the review.

Agreed... I skim if they're just too long. I don't think it's necessary to write an essay. Got to keep it fun and light :)