Do you have a favourite review?

Or even a certain style of writing? Do you change your reviewing style for testers vs regular purchases?

My reviews seem to be all over the place! This month has seen mentions of bullseyeing womp rats, crocodile costumes, Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat, and marsupials!

Crocodile costumes? What review is this? It sounds very interesting..

My reviews very much reflects my mood my thoughts on the toy and how much time I have.
I'm not particularly fond of sensationalism nor of writing meaningless snippets just cos they sound good.

My favourite review of my own is my lelo hugo review.

NatandTom wrote:

Crocodile costumes? What review is this? It sounds very interesting..

That was one of the pairs of RodeoHs

Sum Sub wrote:

My reviews very much reflects my mood my thoughts on the toy and how much time I have.
I'm not particularly fond of sensationalism nor of writing meaningless snippets just cos they sound good.

My favourite review of my own is my lelo hugo review.

I don't set out to write a particular way, I just follow my mental train of thoughts. Cool, I'll go check that now :)

I haven't written that many yet, but I do try to keep it informative without being over detailed as I find when I am reading reviews if they are too long I tend to scan rather than read. I also like to try and inject just a little humour.

Having said that, I have just written my first tester review and I did feel I owed it to LH to be more detailed than usual as they were kind enough to choose me to write the review.

I don't think I'm good enough at english to have a specific review style 😄 However, I do hope people from the UK see my reviews as useful even though it's not my native language :)

My review style has changed over time. I used to follow a 'procedure' how it arrived, packaging, ect. These days I'd say the reviews I write are 'erratic' lol I have more confidence to go with the flow. I only ever write for Lovehoney though not confident enough to go solo.

I have a certain reviewer who's reviews I really enjoy, I won't pick them out though. They just have a lot of personality. My personal favourite reviews are my reviews of lubes as I usually get the most 'helpful' clicks on those.
My least favourite reviews are ones with too much detail. I don't need to read three paragraphs about something covered in the description already..

Sxleksaker wrote:

I don't think I'm good enough at english to have a specific review style 😄 However, I do hope people from the UK see my reviews as useful even though it's not my native language :)

I agree. I have the same problem. Its hard to write great reviews when the english language isnt my native language!

I just write as I find. I try to be informative and to write about the points, good and bad, that others may find useful. A couple of toys I've written reviews for have given me 'interesting' experiences to say the least lol x

I try to just gloss over the very basics then get in to detail about the actual usage of it and any pros and cons. I do find myself waffling a little much. I do feel I'm improving though. Perhaps a review of the month shortlist is one the cards in the future. Who knows. I've written 10 reviews this month already, I'm definitely noticing a style of mine developing.

I write really detailed reviews. I find that for tester items, partcularly secret ones without a page available to scan, this is necessary. However, I'm thinking of shortening them because they are so time consuming.

Personally, I like the long detailed ones though. I'll scan them but generally with a big purchase I want that level of description.

Sxleksaker wrote:

As with most Scandinavians, your English is better than most English people's :)

I just write it as I see it. Agree or not it's up to the reader. lol

Thank you, Squid! This is a good place to rehearse my English :)

My favourite was my first negative review from a tester toy.

What should have been such a great item turned out to be such a let down in so many ways and I felt compelled to spill all the beans. I found myself thinking about it non stop (the toy and the experience with it) prior to writing the review and coming up with lots of ideas to improve it.

Despite my suggested improvements. it got removed from here as it was so bad and I have not seen a new improved version as yet

I just write what cum's at the time 😉

m4t1n wrote:

Sxleksaker wrote:

I agree. I have the same problem. Its hard to write great reviews when the english language isnt my native language!

I share that feeling too!

Bondagegod and DavidB are normally my go to's- so helpful!