Douches- why?

i've never used a douche, anal or vaginal and don't plan to...i've never had any problems or any mess by not doing so...i just always make sure i've had a poo beforehand and have a bath and we're good to go

I tried a douche for the first time recently and it wasn't a great experience. I used it once but it seemed to take about 1/2 hour for it to come back out. Because of the time it took I didn't repeat so it just seemed to make things worse, presumably just loosened stuff up a bit. I didn't fancy a two hour process to get through four flushes. I figure I must have gone wrong somewhere. Is there an optimal position in which to use a douche?

*bumped for newbie*

I just tried a anal douche did find a little bit of blood in the water is this normal to sometimes happen :S

Sorry this doesnt answer your question...

But on another note to return to the original topic, on another anal thread Carly wrote:

Get a mop and bucket, put on your biohazard suit - It's cleaning time!
People have this weird irrational fear about their anus being unclean and worrying that they may embarrass themselves by... well... to put it bluntly, crapping on their partner!! The biology of your body won't let that happen, so don't worry!

If you've been to the toilet that day, then you've got nothing to worry about. Faeces is not stored in the rectum, it's stored a lot higher up in the digestive system and only passes through there on it's exit from the body. So mess shouldn't be a problem.

However, if you're really worried about it and it means you can't relax, then invest in an http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=13845. These clever http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=13845 are meant to be dipped in warm water, squeezed and released - causing water to be 'vacuumed' up. Then, over the toilet, put the nozzle of the douche into the anus and squeeze, releasing the water inside of you. It will "flush" your rectum out and exit the body in the same way it feels to go to the toilet. You know you're clean, when the water runs clear.

yeah thats what I did I must of court my self as it went in

Columbus wrote:

If you've been to the toilet that day, then you've got nothing to worry about. Faeces is not stored in the rectum, it's stored a lot higher up in the digestive system and only passes through there on it's exit from the body. So mess shouldn't be a problem.

[...] It will "flush" your rectum out and exit the body in the same way it feels to go to the toilet. You know you're clean, when the water runs clear.

In my experience, this isn't wholly correct. I find that stimulation in the rectum seems to muscular activity further up and a half-hour or so into play, there can be another delivery from Peristalsis Express. Maybe if the activity is limited to a quick shag, that's not an issue, but when I'm on a rip I go for at least two hours and sometimes as much as five or six hours. I have a pretty good (douche-less) cleaning technique, but it's never a guarantee.

It's something that Carly from Love Honey posted on another thread - so I just copied and pasted it...

I should add that I don't know from personal experience so if you've had it then that's valuable to know

no blood today so must be ok

I hate douching but I can't do any anal play without it, I feel too repulsed by the idea. Oh well...

Actually, subsequent to my last post OH and I tried anal sex and I obviously hadn't douched (it wasn't even planned) and although I felt a bit anxious about it he was clean as a whistle anyway.

Recently I've tried using my toys without douching (anally) but just making sure I've recently been to the bathroom. The results have been really good! It seems like douching need not be necessary, but I've still got that mental 'ick' feeling if I haven't douched.

Well I have had on only a few occasions anal with my ex partners and never experianced a problem with mess at all but of course it just had to happen and on my first anal experiance with my new partner. I could have died, he was amazing and cleaned it off etc and joked about how sh*t happens sometimes but i was so embarassed that i bought a douche as soon as I could. I admitt that it kinda takes the spontinaty out of sex but id rather that then have a repeat performance.

Oh Well, I guess there's always the possiblity! I said to my OH when we tried (but it's only been twice and he only got halfway in first time and barely got head in second time) what if it happend and he said only we'd know. I said I'd have to dump him immediately and never set eyes on him again!

It's great your OH was cool about it x

Well I have to say I thought that was the end.... I was so embarassed, remember kind of hitting my head against the bathroom door muttering "why oh why" :S. We didnt try anal again for a while after that, he said it was because I was so distraught after the first time...... bless him.

I explained that I had a douche which I would use (had to explain to him what it was which was rather embarassing in itself) and since then we have anal regulary and its amazing.

Have to say I would never share that story outside of the forums :S for obvious reasons.

Me and my OH have lots of anal,sometimes I douche and sometimes not. I will be honest and say we have had a few of minor accidents. I was mortified the first time,but he wasn't bothered at all. Not once did we think "never again",it feels to good! I do try and douche when possible but it's not always planned. I think if your heading in that area it would be unrealistic to think it's going to be squeeky clean all the time,but it's very rarely messy.

LOL - yeah

As I say, we've only tried it couple of times but he's pretty big (nearly 8" long and thick) so it's a bit daunting plus it's a very odd sensation to get your head around. My friend recently likened it to "doing a poo backwards". Plus it just got to a point where it hurt too much. It's not something either of us are overly bothered about trying anyway, but we have explored it a little.

It's so funny reading this and so true! (I don't mean funny as in haha laughing at anyone - but because I cna hear myself saying all these things.)

It's the way we all say we are so paranoid about our own, erm, 'mess' but our lovely OH's have been cool about it. We're the same...

When I'm on the recieving end I have to know I'm as clean as possible (I'd not let him if I hadn't douched) and even then I know nothing is 100% foolproof and it does worry me. I would be MORTIFIED. Yet, when playing with OH recieving I'm not worried - if there is a little mess I'll clean it up; it wouldn't upset me or make me see him differently. I'm not saying I'd want it to happen - but it wouldn't faze me if it did.

Sometimes shit happens - just as long as it's not mine! lol :D

Ok so guys - I wanna start cleaning out in there because bum play is becoming more and more of a possibility....

whats the best thing to buy?!?! Whats the difference between a douche and enema??? help!!!

x