Drying your toys

I just wanted to see if anyone else has any bright ideas about safely drying your toys.

When I say safely I mean out of sight, I am currently living with my parents given how the economy is so I can’t just leave them out to air dry. My usual routine is to wash them, dry the outside and use renewer powder. I recently took delivery of a larger toy that has closed ends, so I use a fresh handkerchief to try and dry the inside. I leave this in a drawer under my bed as it’s the only place I can stash it.

Suitable method? Any other suggestions?

I use a fleshlight and wash it and then store in a drawer and it does dry over about 24 hours. I leave both ends seperate so at least some air can get inside.

1 Like

I tried the renewal powder (it’s just cornflour) but unless you wash it out before you use it again it turns any lube into a messy paste so i just wadh and dry thoroughly by leaving it open in the drawer.

1 Like

That is such a great idea. I never thought of that. Many thanks @GoGirl12

1 Like

We have kids so the same predicament that we cant leave them out. We have a toy cabinet so leave ours in there dry and they dry successfully by the next use. We only use the powder on the outside of toys as it can get messy on the inside.

1 Like

I live with my parents too and I usually do it more late at night since I use them in the night usually so it’s perfect for me when everyone is sleeping. Plus I’m a night owl most nights and my job thankfully starts in the afternoon every day. I usually let them air dry around midnight for an hour and then carefully hand dry them if they are still a little wet. This has worked for me for 2 years now and haven’t had a problem.

2 Likes

Like a few others I live with family but I do have my own bathroom inside my bedroom. After I’m done playing rinses them out in warm water with a bit of hand soap, shake a little and pat dry and either leave them loose/open in my drawer or I put them under my laptop table which I have on my bed. It’s more open to the air and I can hide them by folding the bed covers back.

Thanks for the replies, I’m relieved that some of you leave them in a drawer so I’m sure it will be ok. I only ever use the renewer powder externally as it’s extremely sticky after washing.

I did ponder using a hair dryer but due to the size and the depth of the holes I don’t think it would help much. I did find the lint free cloth helped getting a majority of the water out, but it’s too big to simply wash out, it has to go in the bath so either the shower head or bath tap is suitable to flush it all out. :sweat_smile:

Hmm I guess hanging it on the washing line is out of the question? :crazy_face:

I usually just dry mine down with a towel or some good kitchen roll :upside_down_face:

I haven’t tried it myself but you can buy dessicant bags to absorb moisture which could be left in the drawer.

Depending on the toy, you could use a hand-held 18V air inflation tool (Ozito, Ryobi or similar), like you’d use for inflating small wading pools etc. I have a Quickshot Launch and it dries out the sleeve in no time, with a highly directed air flow and it doesn’t overheat the toy like a hair dryer might.

The other consideration is the noise, but I’m guessing you’d wait until you had Private Time to use it.