Empowering Costumes

Think this is a great subject and I defo vote there needs to be more classy men costumes rather than cheese!

Some ideas would be businessman styles and dominant leather type stuff like chest harnesses wrist gauntlets…
Also I feel there could be an open market for sexy superhero type outfits with lycra and zips and sexy masks.

Even if you was to expand on fantasy stuff like sexy vampires which would work extremely well for both men/women if designed tastefully. And with the latest trend on Viking/Norsemen style stuff too I reckon would do very well.

5 Likes

I’m going more specific and have uploaded a photo (once approved) to back up my argument…

Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess please. Absolute sexiest and empowering costume!

…Might just be me but I’m pretty sure there are a whole load of 90s kids who would love it.

ETA Picture to support my request!

8 Likes

I’m also on board with the gothic style with more coverage. Being plus size, I find I feel more comfortable and confident and empowered when more is covered, even if it’s sheer fabric, it’s the illusion and the feeling.

I hope that makes sense?

I think that could go for most costumes.

5 Likes

Super heros sounds quite nice

3 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of costumes but from the ideas already submitted I like vampire, gothic and Xena.
I would definitely vote for a bit more adjustable coverage and for breast support I think it would be more helpful to have cup sizes and possibly items sold separately. I can’t ever get wired items to fit properly and be supportive. With the same Curve size, the cups are either too big or too small. Its really frustrating.

I love that you are looking for suggestions from the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

A sexy witch - think Sabrina but saucey

4 Likes

@Lovehoney_Zora hello welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My two cents:

• Couples costumes that are more gender neutral
  • Fabrics that are snug fitting and sexy but ALSO durable so they hold you in and don’t rip
  • Costumes that have a surprise element to them that is more sexy/revealing so the costume can be worn in public comfortably, but also double as hot in the bedroom at the end of the night
2 Likes

I think something Jessica Rabbit-esque would be really sexy

4 Likes

In terms of styles, i’d say medieval and gothic would cover a lot of different costume potentials.

However no matter what costume like outfit options get picked, I think the main thing I would consider for empowerment would be the actual materials and appearance of the clothing pieces.
Often when it comes to ‘costumes’ the material looks, feels, and generally is, cheap. To the point it feels like a last minute hire outfit for an awful party. The quality is also often poor enough that they can’t stand much rough handling.
In short, to be empowering, I feel the outfits should be of a quality that they could be worn in part of standard wear clothing in order to both last, and be useable in say wearing out to tease and captivate prior to any fun that happens later.

3 Likes

Xena - one of my faves :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey @AJSTAR !

These are some great ideas, thank you! Seems like the superhero and vampire/gothic idea is quite popular across most people on the thread but Viking is also a fab idea! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Peitho

I absolutely LOVE this idea! A whole generation of customers who would definitely appreciate a costume like this

1 Like

Hey @thegardenofeden !

I see this is the first time you’ve posted so Welcome to the Community! And thank you for your response on this post. Gender fluidity is definitely something on our radar here at Lovehoney and is a fantastic idea for costumes specifically. I love the idea of costumes that can be worn two ways - maybe a removable/detachable aspect to the costume that can take it from public wear to sexy bedroom?

1 Like

@JoCat this is a fabulous idea, she is so glamorous!

2 Likes

Hey @LordD

Thank you for your response! Quality can definitely be a huge factor in the way a costume makes you feel, I completely agree. If you would like to see some costumes with fabric that are made for a ‘rough handling’ it is definitely something we can look into!

Hey @our-adventure-bed

@Peitho also suggested Castillo from Xena! These are definitely character costumes we could look into

4 Likes

Amazon warrior.
Heavy metal band member

3 Likes

I’d like the idea of a female Tarzan. Strong Amazonian woman :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

1 Like

I love the Harley Quinn outfit.
It’s amazing to look at.

From a male point of view, I would like more costumes rather than just pants or a thong with a bow tie.
Males costumes have been lacking in the market for years.

The military uniform oozes power.
The policeman and builder stuff just reminds me of YMCA.

1 Like