Empowering Costumes

Awesome :clap:
Thank you @Lovehoney_Zora :pray::+1::star_struck:

2 Likes

Hey @MsSubExperimenter

Love this! It sounds like gothic styles are popular amongst the responses so maybe we can look into options with a bit more coverage!

2 Likes

Thank you @meoome - super heroes definitely seem to be a popular choices throughout the responses!

1 Like

@JoCat I understand what you mean about sizing. We don’t offer cup sizes at the moment but single sizing instead of dual sizing could be something we look into for a more accurate fit! Maybe we can also look into ways of offering supportive products without the wire so that you still get the support you need but with a more flexible fit!

This is only my second post on the forum but I LOVE that you guys are so willing to respond!

3 Likes

I love this idea @FortySomethingWife !!

2 Likes

Thank you !! @Latex73 glad to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love these ideas, very different to any other responses! What is it about these types of costumes that would make you feel empowered? @Green_Eyed_Girl

Love this! @Green_Eyed_Girl had a similar idea and I can understand the empowering notion behind this kind of costume!

1 Like

Hey @Bonzo2020 we’re definitely working on male costumes with a bit more to them so watch this space! A lot of people seem to be resonating with costumes that have a more ‘powerful’ feel, would you say that this goes hand in hand with empowerment for you?

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Zora

Rock/metal star is a fun concept that works for either sex costume wise. (And lets be honest the blokes need more options)
It has alot of fun options rp wise. And is also a great one to pose in and enjoy playing around in.
Plus drummer is a very sexy look. And the dress styles of metal and rock bands are often very bold, confident and edgy. That kind of clothing always boosts my confidence.
(Rock star also comes up in alot of romance novels so it may be surprisingly popular)

Amazon. Well, slightly self explanatory. Its been mentioned already. Wonder woman and zena are essentially a very similar look. But amazon is con a copywrited word :smile:
For me, an amazon is strong, beautiful, confident, self sufficient and isnt afraid to ask for what she wants (in or out of the bed).
Plus the greek/roman-esk look is very sexy.

2 Likes

@Wood_Wow Love the gladiator idea. Would definetly go for that.

1 Like

Hey @Lovehoney_Zora,
To me, Empowerment is being strong and confident. I may have misunderstood it.

Edit - When I googled it said to give power or authority to someone to do something.
So an Army/ Navy costume would work in my mind, but are you more on about a Christian Grey end of authority and permission?

@Green_Eyed_Girl @Lovehoney_Zora

Hell yes to rock/punk/metal type outfits. The whole attitude exudes confidence and not giving a damn about rules and there’s something sexy and powerful in the rebellion.

Could have fun with strategically ‘ripped’ items, zips, metal rings etc

4 Likes

While you’re mentioning fit, I think it would be very helpful to be able to buy tops and bottoms separately in different sizes. I’m pear shaped and my clothes sizes are 10-12 on top and 14-16 on the bottom depending on the style. I’m not sure if that’s what you mean by dual / single sizing?

1 Like

I’m a creative fashion designer by trade so if need any further assistance, I’d be more than happy to help out :nerd_face:

1 Like

Anything in larger sizes 26-30 would make me feel empowered. I love the fierce range of lingerie for a bit of a Domme look, but i find the range quite small sizing.

3 Likes

Empowering is a difficult one IMO …… I’m thinking along the fifty shades line perhaps?! Easily removable jeans for the guys perhaps :man_shrugging:t3: Ie almost stripper esc’ it’s quite nice to be almost fully dressed but a quick rip and a flick of the wrist you could be standing to attention sans’ the trousers :joy:

1 Like

Hello, another larger lady here… as some others have said, I love lingerie that accentuates the bits i like (my boobs) and covers/ flatters the bits i don’t (my tummy). So something that supports/ pushes up the boobs, and then is longer line to cover tummy hang would definitely be amazing. Also, something that is a little generous around the tummy (maybe adjustable?) So i don’t feel as if I’ve squeezed myself in, rather that it glides over my body as a perfect fit (hard when there are so many body types, but I do find some outfits come up small)

1 Like

@MsSubExperimenter wet look/faux leather cuffs

2 Likes

i think maybe a feme fatal dress would be great. like a jessica rabbit type bodycon deal. something that makes your bust and bum look a million dollars

2 Likes