Ever broken up with your partner just before xmas?

Well, this is a first for me! But I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, I found out she was texting her ex, and it wasn't strictly platonic. She didn't deny it when I asked her, so... I feel like I'm on the Jeremy Kyle show! Any body want to give her a lie detector test! All that money on xmas presents too...

Aww, I feel so bad for you. How terrible!

If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine got dumped on boxing day last year. His girlfriend knew she'd be ending it and decided to wait til after Christmas so she could have all the presents. At least you can return yours!

Haha, yeah that's true. I guess we weren't together all too long but I never saw that one coming. Think some retail therapy will be in line after all that store credit I am due back! Onto the next one! - Thread that is, not girl! Although... :D

Ohh I'm really sorry! That's dreadful!

You seem like a nice bloke around here!

Welcome back to the forums though!

Adx

Thanks Alicia, I actually forgot how nice it is posting up on here. Like a lil' sexual sanctuary! I'm sure I'll get over it as well!

Thanks Avrielle, yeah I joined back in November and have been quite since then. Sounds like you had a torrid time when you broke up, I know mine was nothing compared to that! Well, I wish you all a merry christmas, I know it won't be the last time I'm on here! Shoot, if an attractive and single girl popped up on here, I wouldn't complain much!

Not Christmas, but, yeah, broke up with a GF just before Valentine's Day. We'd made some big plans, then suddenly out of nowhere it was all off and she was seeing some bloke I vaguely knew a couple of weeks later. AFAIK they're still together 10 years later, so it's probably for the best.

I still have the poetry she wrote, and the book she gave me with hand-written insciptions of undying love and so forth. If I seem a little cynical and untrusting from time to time, just remember that I get lied to a lot, when it really matters.

NakedAce wrote:

Well, this is a first for me! But I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, I found out she was texting her ex, and it wasn't strictly platonic. She didn't deny it when I asked her, so... I feel like I'm on the Jeremy Kyle show! Any body want to give her a lie detector test! All that money on xmas presents too...

Awwww *big hugs for you*

Retail therapy is always good - especially with the sales coming up!! External Media

I'm sorry to hear that :( My OH doesn't celebrate Christmas in any way at all so has pissed off - I'm rather annoyed, to be honest - Christmas is a good reason for some good food if nothing else. So spoil yourself and look at the LH Sales:)

I broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, but on much better terms. Still got her a present, but it did save me splashing out on something bigger!

Very sorry. we're going through a rough patch, it would happen at xmas wouldnt it sods law, chin up

xx

I don't think it's sod's law, more likely the stress of the time period amplified by other "life" stresses. It's bound to happen.

I've never broken up with anyone. Therefore I've never broken up with anyone at Christmas.

Adxx

Sorry to hear it ended near a time thats meant to be merry, im sure you will find ways to enjoy it however, chin up 2011 is nearby, fresh start and all that

Ive not had many long term relationships (or relationships at all tbh, although ive never had a one night stand either) as it is to have had relationships end but ive never ended any near Christmas or been dumped near Christmas. The day before Valentines day by someone id been with nearly 8 yrs though, yes. Life goes on though, keep your head high - its probably for the best if shes playing about!

I pray i stay with my fella forever more and never have to experience heartache again as i love him so much! Id say he was the one for sure. Im sure you will find love when you least expect. x

Sorry for you NakedAce. At least it's best to know and have that element of control even if it was a crap time to find out and you've not invested too much in the relationship.

In answer to your quetion. No. And not many people do:

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2010/peak-break-up-times-on-facebook/

Ah. Information truly is beautiful.

I hope you feel better soon!