Valentine’s Blues

This time of year with valentine’s I tend to get kinda low and a bit miserable with still being single. I know most people strug it off or don’t bother to do anything on that day but for some reason it just floors me. Whether it’s because I’ve never had a proper relationship before or I fantasies being surprised with romance that makes me feel loved... I usually spend the day feeling totally crap. Does anyone else relate to this?

I understand how you are feeling, Last Xmas was very Crap and now Valentines will be Crap, I have a partner but things are still not working out.

Normally I will surprise my girlfriend by cards I like making my own, and then just having a kinky but Romantic time.

I just have to let my girlfriend come to terms that I am trying to help her through her rough time.

As Alicia has suggested lots of special occasions are difficult when you are on your own. Its horrid that we feel there is no place for us at these times. I have never had a relationship and as much as I tell myself I have accepted and come to terms with the fact Valentine's will pass me by as you say there is always that tiny spark of hope that you will be surprised. I know it is the hardest thing to believe but there are people in your life that love you, even if not romantically. If you can I would say try to arrange to spend as one time in their company around valentine's, also treat yourself to something nice (even if it's spending time on a hobby) You could also reverse the thinking and look to see if there is anyone in your life that might feel unloved on valentine's and do something nice for them to show you care. Anyway, team singles will be here, whilst all those couples (and more) and out the way we can rule the forum! Take care, much love to you and Alicia too.

Love to Teacake too!

My life feels crap even though I’m in a relationship. Best wishes to everyone.

Wow Alicia thats horrific to hear and must have caused so much mental damage for you.. I’m really sorry people have treated you so badly. Hope your getting some support to help heal.

Aww how beautiful is that Teacake that you’d go to the creative effort of making a valentine’s card. Surly that must still be able to make your girlfriend smile even with all her down days? Even though it may still be crap I’d defo continue the tradition of making her a card as little things like that will reassure her even if she don’t show it. The little thoughtful gestures like that are what count the most.

Thanks Amy that’s some good thinking advice and totally agree with all you said :) I’ll probably bury my head in a box of chocolates if no one is free to spend the day with and all romantic movies will be banned lol.

How come Knight what’s getting you down in your relationship? Are you just not happy being in it anymore?

Thanks AJSTAR, it’s mainly non relationship issues.

Justthe2ofus2007, I’m sorry to hear that, that’s a real shame 😒

Knight1119 - Hope you can work through them and that your other half is supporting you.

Thanks AJSTAR.

Oh no 😲 Justthe2ofus2007 sorry to hear that. Have you been to the doctors about your bleeding? I’d say maybe not worry too much about if you do or don’t have sex on valentine’s as either way the main thing is to just enjoy each other’s company and them romantic moments. I’m sure you partner will understand.

Even though we're in a relationship, my partner and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. Maybe it's nice to give people the courage to tell/show that special someone that they have feelings for them but for long term couples, it doesn't feel quite the same.

Also...why is it only on that day you have to be really nice to your SO? Shouldn't you be nice to them everyday? Lol. Same goes for Mother's/Father's day, ect.

Don't forget about all the cheap chocolate and other goodies that come out after it. Hehehe.

Justthe2ofus2007, gosh that’s kinda scary 🤭 you’ve an implant? If it’s the contraceptive implant then I know of people who’s had the same problems as it can make you more prone to bleeding... have you considered getting it removed? Also bad luck on the lingerie not fitting 😞 can you get refunds on them and maybe go to a shop like Debenhams to find something nicer or anywhere else local?...

HoneyMonster29, yeah totally get what you mean as guess for many of those that are in a long term relationship they don’t feel the need to celebrate as everyday is like a love day for them and I sense valentine’s day is more of a celebration of new love when couples have just got together and everything is all fresh and exciting for them so they want to celebrate their romance for each other. But yes I also agree on why do we need these special days when you should be showing the love to everyone all year round.. 🤔 Yum chocolate!!

This will be my second Valentine’s Day since I split from my wife. Last year was really bad so this year I’m going out to start a new hobby. A distraction works best until the evening which I find the worst time.

Guy, sorry to hear that mate.

Sending hugs and love to all you guys not feeling the best atm xx 😘 💕 My other half works away a lot and this year he is going to be away for valentines so I am home alone. I know this is different as I am in a relationship but it's going to be strange without him here, we don't do much for valentines but it's still wierd. Think this year I am just going to take the opportunity to be really self indulgent and have some self love 😍 then maybe run myself a bath, cook my favourite meal, have a bottle of Asti, cuddles on the sofa with my other man (my dog Simba) and a movie 🙂 might even buy myself some flowers 💐 xx Everybody deserves self love so treat yourself to something good xxx