Newly Single at Feeling Sh*t

Well, 2 weeks short of our first anniversary, the best relationship I ever had ended abruptly on Saturday. I thought i had finally struck gold, I met someone who I could talk to about anything, open up to without fear of ridicule or judgement. And now it's gone. Seemingly overnight. There doesn't seem to be much chance of us talking about it and I'm genuinely heartbroken. The time of year doesn't help much either, I've never really had a good time at Christmas and it doesn't look as though this year will be much different.

The thing that really gets me - it's all her issues that have brought her to end it. On the face of it, there doesn't sound like there's anything that we shouldn't be able to discuss and resolve but she feels that the best way to deal with it is to bin the relationship.

I guess that means that it didn't mean as much to her as it does to me and that, in itself, is massively hurtful.

I dont have a close family or circle of friends so, consequently, now feeling very lonely and more than a little sorry for myself!

Send hugs please :o)

And I've noticed a mistake in the thread title..... bugger!

oh phoenix you can have as many hugs as you need! :( I'm not experienced in break-ups, only one, in which we got back together, but I know how it feels to think everything is going great and suddenly it ends. Like you, my break-up was due to my partner's personal issues, but he realised what he had lost pretty quick. I don't know whether you will get the same resolution but just know it's ok to not feel ok and if you need a rant or sympathy or whatever, just shout x hang in there x

Aw sweets. This is the worst. I'm so sorry. Clearly, as this is based on her issues, you shouldn't take this personally. Maybe she can't deal with being happy. I'm sending all kinds of loving vibes. x

So sorry to hear that - sending you lots of hugs xx

Here are some more reassuring hugs.

Thanks everyone x

bex1213 wrote:

Aw sweets. This is the worst. I'm so sorry. Clearly, as this is based on her issues, you shouldn't take this personally. Maybe she can't deal with being happy. I'm sending all kinds of loving vibes. x

I know, doesn't make it any easier though......

That's really terrible news! I'm so very sorry to read that. I don't think there's a time of year that's ever good to break up, but it must sting so close to Christmas.

Sending you a pile of hugs and again, I'm so sorry! xx

Sending lots of hugs. I've been there and it's awful :( especially if you weren't expecting it. I hope you manage to work things out x

Sorry to hear that, sending hugs and support. Another way of looking at it could be that she doesn't want to hurt you putting you through her issues? She might want better for you and doesn't think she can be the one to give you everything you deserve. I hope you work it out or find a way to get through it, break-ups suck. Xx

Sorry to hear that, sending hugs and support. Another way of looking at it could be that she doesn't want to hurt you putting you through her issues? She might want better for you and doesn't think she can be the one to give you everything you deserve. I hope you work it out or find a way to get through it, break-ups suck. Xx

Thanks again people, so kind of you all x

Aww phoenix I feel for you, I've been there and it's awful. I'm so sorry....sending loads of *hugs* your way! It's a terrible time of year to break up :(

I hope you manage to get through Christmas ok. We are all here :) if you need someone to talk too xx

If its any consolation I to was dumped on Christmas Eve many years ago. To make matters worse it was also my so called best mate that stole my girl.Its not very nice and I know you will be hurting.You will get over it in time as I did.

If you can try and latch onto a distant family member or friend but try and not be alone.

If you can't then keep posting on here and join in with the conversations,.

It's not a good idea to be alone as you will start to dwell on what ifs.

So stay strong as you won't be alone on here.

Thanks guys, knew I could count on my LH friends to give kind words and positivity xx

Lope you're OK hun. Hugs x

I've recently become single myself so you aren't alone :) hugs with you! X

If its her issues maybe she feels like she doesn't deserve you, and thinks you would be better off with out her?! I say chase her fight for her. What have you got to lose?

Sending love, stength and positivity to you. Xxx

Housewife182 wrote:

If its her issues maybe she feels like she doesn't deserve you, and thinks you would be better off with out her?! I say chase her fight for her. What have you got to lose?

Sending love, stength and positivity to you. Xxx

Thank you housewife, I have told her how I feel about her and she has said before that she doesn't deserve me, which I've been quick to tell her is crap. I often told her that I was lucky to be in her life. I also know that she's a stubborn little bugger and if I chase her, then it will push her further away.

As I said, I've told her how I feel, told her that I love her, want her and that she's very special to me, so it's just a matter of waiting to see if she gets in touch. I don't feel that there's anything more I can do. I have to respect her boundaries and privacy. xxx