External Butt Plug!

Hmm, think i've just read the oddest thing on the packaging of a sex toy.. It's on the box of the Rookie Vibrating Plug by California Exotic Novelties that i was sent for review... it states

This Product is intended for use as a novelty product only.

For External use only.

Any product use for medical purpose or for a use that has an adverse effect on any function of the body is prohibited.

So... how is an external novelty butt plug meant to work then?....

I actually have a vibrator from the same company and if I remember correctly there is the same text on the box as well (I dont have the box in this home right now so I cannot check). I do use it internally and so far did not have a problem. But also got me really confused.

And congrats. I think it should be a great fun toy.

It is fantastic, just made us both laugh at how stupid it was to put on the box, it's a bit like buying a bag of peanuts and it's got "May contain nuts" on the bag,

lol, yes we have a "novelty" toy a little like that too!

i have a sign attached to my dick saying ..may contain nuts

Sam27 wrote:

it's a bit like buying a bag of peanuts and it's got "May contain nuts" on the bag,

Well, the peanut is not a true nut, being more of an honorary member of the family. So there may be nuts in a bag of peanuts, you just can't tell. External Media

I'll get me coat...

As far as I recall, companies apply terms like 'novelty', 'not intended for internal use', etc., so that they're free from regulations, and can therefore throw whichever potentially unsafe materials (e.g., phthalates, materials that can't be properly sterilised, etc) they fancy into the mix. Also, if something, um, goes wrong/breaks/damages you/whatever - that'd be the buyer's fault for not following the instructions on the box.

(Plus, certain sex toys are banned under some jurisdictions, and such labelling may also be an attempt to bypass this).

Caveat emptor.

xx