The fear?

Good day all. Whilst most people who post on this happy little community are able to be very open and honest about their lifestyles, freedoms and challenges…something which I welcome and applaud. But does anyone worry that people in your day to day life might read this, and somehow recognise you? A boss, or a work colleague for example could cause great embarrassment. Both Mrs HHC and I are very much in the introverted extroverts category, as in the bedroom is our chance to shine, but we lead relatively community focussed lives. Because of this, we’ve been somewhat reserved in what we could post and comment on, just in case…so far.

I wonder what other peoples thoughts, and experiences are on this?

2 Likes

Not really, if they’re here, they obviously have a similar outlook.

7 Likes

I don’t go out of my way to identify myself openly but if anyone I know did recognise me then it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

3 Likes

I share quite a lot on here, but I doubt anyone would recognise me if they walked past me in the street. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it depends on how much personal information you share. If you pop pictures up you’re more likely to be recognisesd by people who know what you look like. :slightly_smiling_face: Or if you mention location, or hobbies, or job, etc then you’re going to make yourself more identifiable (to those who may already know you).

I think if you’re worried you can just share your sex & kink preferences and nothing else, and that way you’re not crossing your streams. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

8 Likes

This is a safe platform to hide behind your forum name
If anyone recognised you it would be from giving things away location etc and if photos showed more than you intended

2 Likes

It doesn’t bother me too much. I don’t go out of my way to tell people, but a few of my close friends know about this side of me and that I have a “little bit” of a Lovehoney obsession. If they wanted to they could easily browse the forums and find me as I have made myself identifiable with my pictures, plus my location and the things I comment about. But I have total control of that and know when too much info is too much info.

2 Likes

As Ian wrote, you can simply choose to be quite anonymous. Do not share any kind of
information that would help people who already know you irl realize that it is you who’s writing under this nickname on LH.

Personally I’m not that worried, but at the same time I don’t share any specific details about my work, my whereabouts (except that I live in Sweden) etc. Since the forum changed I haven’t added any photos, but when/ if I do they will be anonymous. No face, tattoos, marks or anything in the background that can help people identify me.

4 Likes

I too have worries but then I don’t give away my location, many of my hobbies or anything which would really identify who I am. I don’t post photos either so … hoping that way I can just enjoy the forum without having it cause problems in my day to day life.

3 Likes

I am living by the rule I gave my Son. Dont put anything in writing that you wouldn’t want posted in 5ft letters outside your home.
I also insure my photos dont show anything that could identify me easily. Jewellery, tattoos or photos on the wall behind me etc.
I feel safe on lovehoney.

5 Likes

I am careful about what I post and think about what I have written before hitting go to make sure I have not given too much info.
At the end of the day though it wouldn’t really matter.

5 Likes

Alot of my close colleagues at work know i test sex toys for lovehoney. They spread that around to other colleagues and alot of others know but at the end of the day im not ashamed of it.
Not sure id tell my family but i doubt they havent noticed boxes from toys etc and wouldnt shame me for them

2 Likes

Most of my good friends already know I buy a lot of toys from here so that doesn’t bother me. Some friends also use the forum too and they didn’t know I was “me” until I told them my username so there must be some level of anonymity really. I would say I share quite a bit, photos plus I’m open about the city I live in (but with a population of 335,145, good luck tracking me down). At the end of the day, if someone was on here enough to have spotted me and worked out who I am then they’re probably in no position to judge

2 Likes

At our age we’re past caring and I think our kids would be proud rather than shocked.

3 Likes

@HappyHomeCouple, I keep things private outside the forum, the last thing I want is to be recognised by people who know me.

1 Like

Yes and no. I don’t really care if people know I write and shop on here. I’ve already told people in work I do, so I’m not sure how much of that has spread (I didn’t give them the profile name or anything, though). I’m still careful enough to not show my tattoos or face on photos. I’ve also kept a few things to myself that would make identifying me much easier because most people wouldn’t have done them or don’t own certain items I do.

I suppose I’m more worried about creepers or stalkers knowing where I live and work or something like that.

1 Like

Do you think anyone will recognize me from my butt plug?

:scream:

Seriously I sometimes wish I could put in words all about my crazy set up and ask for advice on here…but feel no-one else can possibly be in my situation and would be recognized alot more than I already am…

I keep reading through the threads new and old and it’s comforting to read others advice… there is such an amazing spectrum of people on here from all walks of life…and it’s so nice to be able to be a part in this.

Keep this forum an amazing…fun and informative place you lovely people.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

@CurvyJilly if it glows in the dark, maybe! :wink:

Seriously, if someone actually recognises you here what can they do? It’s like seeing someone you know at a Ku Klux Klan meeting, are they going to accuse YOU of being racist?

All i know is that this place is perfect for sharing your problems and getting sensible, non judgemental, impartial advice on any subject, making interesting, lovely friends and having a laugh…long may it reign! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The glass rose one in my avatar @WillC

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t told anyone (even my girlfriend) that I’m on the forum, & I don’t talk to anyone about my personal issues.:blush:

1 Like

:joy: No wonder the lenses on my reading glasses have darkened!

1 Like