Fake Review?

Young and fun95 wrote:

It would be nice to know how things like this are chosen though, would probably set a few minds at ease

I find it hard sometimes reviewing products because i dont know whether to write it seriously, or include a few jokey bits!

I dont do it just so i can win, but i do try to do the best review i can so i sometimes guage it on the winner, and think that the winners must be what love honey are looking for, but they are so varied its hard to tell!

Do LH ever contact anyone about tester reviews? Im just looking at a few where people have just written 2 or 3 sentences that dont really give anything away that isnt mentioned on the description. I know mine are probably too long, but i want to make sure i include everything. Would lh intervene if a tester review was too long or too short, or would they just remember for the future if yours wasnt up to scratch?

I have written way too many reviews foe LH, over the years. Reviews that win are well written, unique and entertaining. There are a fair few bloggers who have won this over the years.

Young and fun95 wrote:

It would be nice to know how things like this are chosen though, would probably set a few minds at ease

In the past I've posted the way winners are chosen in the forum as this has been brought up before, however once I've responsed to The Baroness personally, I'll be sure to drop by here too for full transparency.

To clarify the absolute basics in the mean time:

- All reviewers are real people, out there in the public domain (not friends of ours)

- Staff are clearly marked as Lovehoney - "whoever" so you guys know when it's us reviewing (for honesty's sake)

- Whether someone has won previously has no impact on whether they can win again (to keep it fair, ironically!)

- Tester products are sent all over the world; you don't need to be in the UK to be a sex toy tester.

- You don't need to be a sex toy tester to win RotM

- Anyone in the world can win RotM. Location has nothing to do with who wins.

As this question has been asked a couple of times, I may set up a 'sticky' thread in the Forum to clear up any future worries. Would that help?

JM88 wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

I find it hard sometimes reviewing products because i dont know whether to write it seriously, or include a few jokey bits!

I dont do it just so i can win, but i do try to do the best review i can so i sometimes guage it on the winner, and think that the winners must be what love honey are looking for, but they are so varied its hard to tell!

Do LH ever contact anyone about tester reviews? Im just looking at a few where people have just written 2 or 3 sentences that dont really give anything away that isnt mentioned on the description. I know mine are probably too long, but i want to make sure i include everything. Would lh intervene if a tester review was too long or too short, or would they just remember for the future if yours wasnt up to scratch?

+1 to this! I always worry that my reviews may end up too long and that I'll get some sort of 'black mark' against my account along the lines of "that Skitty, she's a waffler, no more testing reviewing chances for that naughty one!" But I always agonise over my reviews and think there's nothing I can cut out because I want anyone who reads it to get the full picture from my perspective.

I have also noticed a couple of tester reviews on some products that are teeny tiny. Do people get a gentle prod of being told that their reviews may be too long or too short ever?

Edit: Was typing this while Jess must have been responding. Really nice clear information, thank you to Jess :)

LH spends mega £££££ on sending FREE sex toys out to us, for us to review for them. Plus it is actually illegal to write fake reviews

Fake as f***? Get back under your bridge, troll.

The Baroness, maybe you haven't been sent testers because you're sex toy tester wishlist is full of things that aren't up for testing? The tester page says everything you need to do, and there is a forum thread to clarify and ask questions about testers!

LibraLover wrote:

The Baroness, maybe you haven't been sent testers because you're sex toy tester wishlist is full of things that aren't up for testing? The tester page says everything you need to do, and there is a forum thread to clarify and ask questions about testers!

Well spotted!

Also the only two contributions to the forum were the ones here. If you review a product surely it helps if youre active on the forum to answer any questions people might have or clarify anything in your review that would help someone to decide whether to purchase the product? Its not just about getting things for free...

WHAT THE FUDGE!!

Jesus, u must have a serious amount of time on ur hands!!

The part that actually disgusts me is : why not contact Lovehoney direct instead of coming on here and naming out people you believe to be fake and then basically saying they write shit reviews and all because you look at the world through green glasses!!!

*pinches oneself to check I'm real * yup!! And also my 40 odd reviews ARE ALL REAL!!

In the 18 months or so since I found this site I have spent hundreds of pounds, written 40 plus reviews, received a generous number of free products to test including a couple of special testers and made well over 5000 forum posts. I do not write a blog, have never won a prize ( I live in hope) and use Lovehoney for the quality and honesty of the reviews, the great products and service and the friendship of the forum.

I am definitely a real person.

Wow ok well everyone has pretty much said what I would say but I would like to add Im a real person, my reviews are real, the tester item that came through my letterbox this morning is real, the review that I will write for it will be real as is every other review I have written, Ive never won review of the month or any competition but I dont expect to, as believe it or not I dont write reviews to win anything, I do it because I enjoy writing them and if I get sent testers then thats just a bonus and im always very grateful that ive been chosen, but I never expect to get stuff for free! And anyone who has one review of the month in my opinion has been deserved and congratulations to them.

Sunshine,Lollipops wrote:

This may be just a forum, and I may not personally know any of the people that post here but I can honestly say they're the most real people I've ever had the honour to chat with and I'm glad I've found somewhere I can be myself.
The reviews that get chosen to win are informative, entertaining and well written and I have nothing but respect for Jess who must have a very difficult job when having to choose between the hundreds which are submitted each month.
I'm fairly new to review writing but I'm just happy that it's helpful to people when they're trying to choose a new toy and that it's helpful to Lovehoney to have honest reviews of their stock. To be honest, I have fun fooling around with my husband then writing about it!
The people who win deserve to win and I quite often find myself saying "dammit, why can't I write that well?!" It's great to have aspirations!

+1 a million times to this 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I have never won but to be honest that's not why i review the products
I am happy to help Lovehoney with the reviews as i have been sent several testers and i like to think i am helping over buyers.
Products are sent out in the hope of a review especially with new reviewers as you may get sent a product and never review it and this could be at a high cost to Lovehoney or any other company.
I have my own small business (selling personalised gifts) and have recently started looking at sending a few products out to reviewers however i am sceptical as to who to send to as i could send out say 5 products and not get a single review back!! I would love to build a community like this and know i would get trusted detailed reviews back.

Also like Sunshine,Lollipop said i sit and think why can't i write really good reviews like that!!

Young and fun95 wrote:

I agree. It would certainly help. However, it just seems that The Baroness is perhaps being a little cynical. I can see that they're not a forum regular, so perhaps they don't know who's who. Either way, if someone is consistently writing the best reviews, then why shouldn't they win more than once? Well done to everyone who has won these competitions. I'd be lying if I said I want envious, but we'll done all the same 😊

+1 to this! I always worry that my reviews may end up too long and that I'll get some sort of 'black mark' against my account along the lines of "that Skitty, she's a waffler, no more testing reviewing chances for that naughty one!" But I always agonise over my reviews and think there's nothing I can cut out because I want anyone who reads it to get the full picture from my perspective.

I've just had exactly this, I struggle getting my reviews below 1000 words, but especially when it's a tester I've been sent I feel like I want to put as much information in as possible, and I like to think they don't feel like they're dragging - but I'm a fast reader, and typist so I always write lots! Still, my last one seems to have been put up unedited, so I'm hoping that means I've been doing a good job!

😂😂😂

Ohhh jealousy isn't s nice trait to have..
Touch of the green eyed monster?
I personally write reviews because I like doing it not to win something...

To be honest this all out rant isn't going to help your plight in getting "freebies" now is it? Should of just stuck to emaing LH rather that all out slating members of the LH site..

JM88 wrote:

Would lh intervene if a tester review was too long or too short, or would they just remember for the future if yours wasnt up to scratch?

I'd guess that they'd be less keen to send you a tester the next time!

This seems like an odd thread to necro nearly two years after it stopped being actively posted upon, and with the hassle of joining presumably just to do so but there's no pleasing everyone.

I've not won a thing but I'm not a bit bothered and I'm still perfectly happy toi trust the reviews on here.

DreamOfTheEndless wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Would lh intervene if a tester review was too long or too short, or would they just remember for the future if yours wasnt up to scratch?

I'd guess that they'd be less keen to send you a tester the next time!

This seems like an odd thread to necro nearly two years after it stopped being actively posted upon, and with the hassle of joining presumably just to do so but there's no pleasing everyone.

I've not won a thing but I'm not a bit bothered and I'm still perfectly happy toi trust the reviews on here.

Wow, didn't even realise how old the thread was. Hilarious.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Cazz posted about this before saying if they don't get a review from you at all they basically blacklist you from getting anything again (assuming you don't contact them at all to explain yourself). I don't know that they apply the same logic to overly short/not detailed reviews, but it probably at least bumps you down the list. Especially with how many tester seekers there are!

Lovebirds, did u read the post which started this thread up again xx

Yeah about the whole "not real people" thing, they're a bloody good computer then! I recently started a thread about something personal that I was quite upset about and the responses, not just with advice but also just really kind words, meant the world to me, they definitely came from real people!