Falling into depression

I'm really really down at the moment, so much so that I feel like ending my life because I don't see anything to look forward to. Me and my grandparents are suffering a lot at the moment because we're so poor. This new company that my grandad started working for were supposed to pay him today and they didn't. We're living on barely any money and there's never much food in the house anymore. I haven't eaten in two days because I just don't see the point. Got nothing to look forward to, I can't find a job and it seems like this is how it's gonna be until forever and I can't stand it. Just feel so hopeless and losing the will to live. I know I sound completely pathetic but that's how it is..

If you really feel that bad then I think you could do with speaking to say the Samaritans .You will find somebody there who will listen to you and give you the necessary support that you need.

Your second chat would need to be with your GP . He will be able to prescribe antidepressants . Depending on your circumstances you may be able to get free prescriptions .

Good luck and take care .

I'm sorry to hear what a tough time you're going through :( I second what mysteron suggested - the Samaritans and your GP may be able to help with your depression and it's certainly worth a shot.

In regards to the rest of it, I really think you ought to speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau and see if they can get you any financial help. If money is so tight that you can't even afford to eat, then there is a real problem and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out for you. There's lots of ways you can contact them, here's the link to their website:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/?gclid=CLTFi9bd0MYCFQoYwwodZzIKPw

You are a strong person, and you've got this far already. I know it feels hopeless now, but as the saying goes you've survived 100% of your worst days so far. We're all here for you and we'll support you all of the way xx

Boogaloo wrote:

I'm sorry to hear what a tough time you're going through :( I second what mysteron suggested - the Samaritans and your GP may be able to help with your depression and it's certainly worth a shot.

In regards to the rest of it, I really think you ought to speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau and see if they can get you any financial help. If money is so tight that you can't even afford to eat, then there is a real problem and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out for you. There's lots of ways you can contact them, here's the link to their website:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/?gclid=CLTFi9bd0MYCFQoYwwodZzIKPw

You are a strong person, and you've got this far already. I know it feels hopeless now, but as the saying goes you've survived 100% of your worst days so far. We're all here for you and we'll support you all of the way xx

Well thanks hun, that means a lot

Boogaloo wrote:

Yes Good advise Boo . There may be some benefits that they could claim whilst in this predicamant . Someone at the CAB will be able to advise them about these. Its a fact that many benifits arn't well advertised .

I don't think anyone in this country should be going without food in this day and age.

oh KittyCat my heart hurts reading this. I dont have any specific advise here because I am not familiar with social services in the UK, but our church has an emergecy food pantry where people can come and get groceries no questions asked. Is there anything like that near you?

It is not weak to get help for depression and please please talk to your doctor as sometimes medicine is a good solution to help you through a particularly tough patch.

Know that there are many people on here sending you positive energy right now and while it may sound hollow some of us have been in similar situations and I just want to encourage you to keep looking up and forward.

somehow my PC is making this post extra, maybe it is because you need 3Xs the virtual hugs right now!

ugg... double post but did want to add this:

The depression is probably worse because you are not eating and hydrating hon, please please please drink water and try to eat something.... even crackers.

You could do with finding out where your local foodbank is situated. Again you CAB may be able to help and how you can register for the scheme. You have no need feel any shame as these days as many families in the UK are in the same boat and rely on foodbanks.

As a guy I am not very good at sending hugs but I will send you some virtual man hugs.

Take care

Please hun take the advice given here - no one deserves to feel like this , sending hugs xx

Thank you everyone for your support, I really appreciate it. Apparently luck was on my side today though because the money went through and we've just come back from food shopping so the crisis is averted now. *breathes big sigh of relief*

Kittycat102 wrote:

I'm really really down at the moment, so much so that I feel like ending my life because I don't see anything to look forward to.

*hugs* I've been there. I got as far as holding the knife against my wrist. I know it's difficult to see now, but things can and will get better. The advice here is good... I know that my GP effeftively saved my life (antidepressants) and therapy has enabled me to see ways through some very dark times. Keep strong.

Hi Kittycat, I'm so sorry you are struggling with depression and other issues at the moment. I've just been reading through and it seems like everyone has been giving fantastic information. I don't know if you would want this at all, but aside from GPs/Samaritans, there are often Women's Health centres that cover different locations. They usually offer free face-to-face counselling for which you can just self-refer, and they also often have talking friends/support groups, as well as classes and activities that can help to lift mood.

Great that the money came through! :) It might still be helpful to see some-one at the CAB for a benefits check? Or else look at doing one online through Turn-2-us for yourself or your grandparents?

I hpe that you are feeling a bit better today. Hugs :)

Hi. I've lost both parents quite young so kinda know how you feel. I'd love to help talk to you x

I'm sorry your going through a tough time. I suffer depression and have done since forever, even though it can be hard, I find talking to a doctor or just Samaritans etc can really help make me feel better. I'm also on antidepressants which I was very against at first but have helped me although I'd say counselling is always better. Cheer up buttercup :)

Hey KK :)

Fellow mental health and predominantly depression sufferer here. Sorry to hear you're going through hard times at the mo, but let me be the first to say that you WILL get through this. I promise you that!

I'm back in a bout myself at the moment and struggling a bit but I know I have to keep going or things will just go completely tits up.

Go and see your GP - they are surprisingly helpful! Maybe think about a course of therapy to talk though things? Try going for a walk or just getting out a bit - it's free and I find it helps me to think through things.

Hugs and love for you, know you are very special and loved by many xx