Faulty items and reviews

Those of you which have had an item arrived faulty, do you leave a review to that effect?

I would normally say no due to lovehoneys amazing customer care but when receiving a replacement of the same item and it being faulty too, would you then leave a review?

It could just be super bad luck or it could possibly be an issue with the batch of toys. So I was wondering what others would do in this situation

I would speak to Customer Care first and ask that question about a faulty batch .Also stressing that this is the seond time and as a regular customer your not impressed . You might get some compo .

Perhaps they could test your item before being despatched depending on what it is.

They did offer to test before sending the same out again, in the end I decided to go for something different. Customer care were fantastic over the issue but I've been debating over the review side of it for a week or so now.

I've got it boxed up ready to send back to them to check it out. It's an issue with the bullet itself in the product but being a remote controlled product it renders the item useless if the bullet doesn't work properly.

When I've had items that have been faulty or damaged in the past, I leave a review on them because that's my experience of the item, but I also make sure to include that Lovehoney dealt with the problems well, it was replaced/refunded etc. so people know that they don't need to worry if they do have any issues with anything they buy.

If you've had 2 like it, I would definitely mention it in a review.

I think negative reviews on things are just as important as positive ones as it all helps people choose whether to buy a product or not.

When you do you reciew score it low on a particular attribute but score highly on the others . Or place something in your review words to the affect of " If it had worked properly I would have scored it better etc etc. "

Hey ! 

I am sorry to hear your item was faulty again , i am glad customer care have looked into this effiecntly for you ![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes") Good bunch - even if I do say so myself. 

Always Contact custmer care before reviewing as we like the reviews to be on fully functional items . As the reviews are there to help with the use , sizing , cleaning etc and if you have not been able to give it a good test run it doesnt give our reviews a chance. 

Also it helps us to know if there is a potential issue. 

Typically customer care will be straight on faulty reviews to help resolve any issues as we do not want you left with a useless toy ![sad|20x20](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif "sad") However contacting the team first saves you writing a review and then receiving a replacement to re-review.

So in this case it may be worth mentioning it has been replaced so that they do re-contact you, also may I ask if you was able to give it a good test run before it became faulty ? Just so the review can be relevant to the item too. 

Hi Leanne,

No we didn't get to give it a proper run as it was faulty from the offset, although the quality of the actual item itself was great just the bullet part that was faulty on the occasions.

As suggested above I've done a review on the item and just mentioned that ours unfortunately was faulty and got replaced but reviewed the material, build quality etc. And the part that wasnt faulty. As other than the issues with the bullet it was a fantastic toy and concept and I can see other people have had good experiences with it.

If the item - and it's replacement - is faulty to the point of being unuseable,I probably wouldn't write a review at all - what's there to review? If the first one was faulty and the second one worked fine, I would probably mention the fault in the review and also how LH dealt with the problem.

Neither of these situations has happened to me, though. My last review was of a perfectly useless toy, however ( http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20282&reviewid=139095#customer_reviews ), and customer service wrote that they would like to send me a replacement item because they though mine was faulty. To which I answered that I thought the item worked as well as it could (given the tiny vibrator) and suggested somebody go to the warehouse and try out one of the toys there to see whether it worked better than what I wrote. My review then went life for a few days and now the remaining stock is either sold off or dumped in the recycling bin... LH reimbursed me without even wanting the thing back - so a big thanks to LH customer service!

If you were to eventually get one that worked I think I would tend to do a 'normal' review on the working one, but then also meantion that "the reliability of them seems to be a bit hit-or-miss, we had 'x' replacements before we got one that worked".

I had a faulty tester once and contacted lh customer care even though it was easy to sort as it was a case of cross threaded but in case of a bad batch and they sent a replacement item for testing personally I would review the item honestly but if it is faulty and is a bad batch then lh customer services should be asked for their opinion as in my experience they have always been great.

Even the best made items can be faulty sometimes. I think it would be unfair to review an item before contacting customer services and getting a replacement but I guess its reasonable to mention that you had a faulty one and that it was replaced.