Favourite Christmas song

Agreed

1 Like

Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt

3 Likes

Hope you’re safe and well?

2 Likes

For something with a little twist I quite like digging this one out to play
Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody (Flush Remix)

Come on feel the noise because Slade made more than one song

Walking in a Winter Wonderland - Dolly P
Sleigh bells, are you listening?

1 Like

Terrorvision released a decent one last year called Our Christmas Song, very much in the style of Slade.

I like the Darkness’s Christmas song too :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Lonely This Christmas by Mud is another favourite!

Feliz Navidad! I’ve got no idea if that’s the name but I always sing and bob along when it comes on!

Pet Shop Boys, It Doesn’t Often Snow At Christmas.
Or Shakey Merry Christmas Everyone

1 Like

Has to be fairytale of New York by the pogues, has to have the proper words, no time for political correctness after the event!! I see Radio 1 have banned it this year!! Thank goodness have grown out of listening to Radio 1!!

I second that the documentary is really worth a watch, literally written on the back of a fag packet.

I agree with @Buzboy. The pogues. The original!

1 Like

There are so many classics from years ago that I love it would be hard to choose even a top ten . However a local DJ ( Bob Rivers ) produced a whole bunch of Christmas songs years ago called "Twisted Christmas " that I like . All are available on Youtube . Some of my favorites are The 12 Pains of Christmas , The Chimney Song and Wreck the Malls . I have all of them on Cassette ! I think I have one cassette player out in my shop . If you are tired of regular Christmas songs or are sick of shopping madness , give them a go .

1 Like

I thought Twisted Christmas was Twisted Sister’s Christmas album! Love their 12 Days of Christmas cover! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes , many people do , even though Twisted Sister was done in 2006 . Bob Rivers was 1987 .

1 Like

Would have to be Small Town Titans cover of You’re a Mean One Mr Grinch, bluesy rock awesomeness

Deffo got to be wham last christmas for me. Love that song

2 Likes

Fairytale of New York has to be the greatest Christmas song of all time!

I do love Feliz Navidad though too!

I Believe in Father Christmas-Greg Lake Christmassy but cynical!

1 Like

In terms of cyanical songs i still recommend Merry Fricken’ Christmas, it’s an interesting description of family christmases :joy: and also includes a reference to either an affair or cuckholding (i think I’m using that word right)

1 Like