Favourite Christmas song

The Darkness one is pretty cynical! Feigning joy and surprise at gifts we despise!

1 Like

Kevin bloody Wilson
Yo Ho fecking ho what a crock of $hit :rofl::rofl:
Not one for the kids though :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

1 line of Merry is “and I’ll fake a smile because they’re going back to Wallmart” :rofl: hating gifts seems to be a common theme

1 Like

I’ve never been a Christmas person, but it seems to have arrived early this year to cheer everyone up - fair enough. I like Fairytale of New York. My child’s school did a great improvised and local version of it a few years ago.

1 Like

Only recently released but this one has grown on me

@WillC … that is an epic album. Always wrap my presents to this to get me in the festive spirit.

2 Likes

My fave has to be Wizard as it just reminds me of being in the pub in younger days and partying. Happy memories of good times with friends

3 Likes

Yes, fab and hysterical at the same time! I agree about Wizzard, but i bet Roy has never worked in retail! :wink:

1 Like

It varies (sometimes it’s Julian Casablancas) but overall it’s still the Ramones.

Ooh i can’t believe i forgot my actual favourite: This Christmas (Set it Off)

Apparently cynical Christmas songs are a theme this year, an artist i like has just released an album called A Covid Christmas. The songs are all parodies of Christmas songs specifically for this year :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve seen that on YouTube @Ace12345 there’s loads of them popping up there! :joy:

2 Likes