Feel your bits Friday!

Following Alice's thread on CHECK YOUR BALLS I thought it would be a good idea to have a Feel your bits Friday! Where on the last friday of the month we have a reminder just to check that everything is as it should be.

As we all know we should be doing regular monthly checks for Testicular and Breast Cancer but do we all know what we should be looking for?

Guys here is a link on how to! http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/testicular-cancer/about/testicular-selfexamination

Gals one for you too! http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/breast-cancer/about/finding-breast-cancer-early#quick

So everyone get feeling, guys check your girls, girls check your guys, most importanly check yourself and if you do find any abnormal get yourself along to the doctors ASAP.

Ooh, good one SLM!

Will check the guys guide in a bit. Looks like the builders may finish early, so I may get a chance to "feel my bits" when they've gone.

I may also be able to check for lumps too!

Research shows that most people have got the message they should be feeling themselves for lumps and bumps every month. But the number of people who actually DO it is (very sadly) much, much lower.

So don't just think about it - get feeling properly (remember that fiddling isn't enough...)

Thanks TC.

Alice that is why I thought a reminder for us all to actually do it would be a good idea.

I myself have found a lump before. It was when I was pregnant with my son. I was terrified but had a hospital appoinment the following day so mentioned it while I was there. They checked it straight away and it turned out to just be a blocked milk duct. I felt like a bit of a numpty when they told me but they told me I had done the best thing. Any changes should be checked out, sooner rather than later. They showed me how to check properly and since then I always make sure I do.

Great idea SLM!

All checked!.

Shall do mine in the bath!

Nice reminder as I def don't do mine anywhere as much as I should

Good one SLM! I rarely check mine - kinda think they're so small I'd notice if something changed....but that's not really logical, I should check just as frequently as everyone else and it may even be a quicker job for me so there's no excuse!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I rarely check mine - kinda think they're so small I'd notice if something changed...

Are they as small as a bloke's bits? No.

No excuses, guys and girls, check 'em! External Media

Do it, people. In the past week my aunt has found out she has breast cancer. She's only in her mid-thirties and has a healthy lifestyle, so it came as a complete shock (not that anyone really expects to get it of course). I don't want to scare you all as if everyone's gonna get some kind of cancer, but just bloody check! Better safe than sorry! I'm crap at checking myself but I'm gonna be better from now on.

Paddy89 wrote:

Do it, people. In the past week my aunt has found out she has breast cancer. She's only in her mid-thirties and has a healthy lifestyle, so it came as a complete shock (not that anyone really expects to get it of course). I don't want to scare you all as if everyone's gonna get some kind of cancer, but just bloody check! Better safe than sorry! I'm crap at checking myself but I'm gonna be better from now on.

I hope things go well Paddy.

99% off-topic, there's a burlesque artist named Ophelia Bitz. Not a funny name until you say it out loud...

http://www.opheliabitz.com/bio.html

WandA wrote:

Paddy89 wrote:

I hope things go well Paddy.

Thanks External Media I'm sure it will - from what I understand everything's in the early stages and she's startin treatment soon. We're staying positive!

"Bitz may have the voice of an angel but she also has the mouth of a filthy gutter-slut. We expect great things"

Ahh, and they're the best type of sluts!

I know it is a serious topic but i cant help but remember the top Green feel your balls song -( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DOU1vg0yE ) he performed on his cancer special when he got cancer of the balls

I wasn't about friday afternoon or yesterday so see how the thread was going but I'm happy to see that you all thought it was a good idea!

Ad I've not got much up top either but it's no excuse! Just means we can be done quicker!

Paddy I hope it all goes well with your Aunt. x

Forgot to say that I checked myself. Thanks for posting this thread. Will give me a reminder to check regularly instead of just whenever I remember. =)

All good

didnt see this Friday but did it now in the shower. alls good

All checked, and seems ok! Thanks for the reminder.

What a good thread =D

I will join too, despite being statistically on the young-side and having my bits felt regularly by a hypochondriac!

You never know!

... Must I wait for Friday, though?!