Fetlife...

Joined fetlife today, think I'm in over my head!
Just wow.
I'll just go back to my little drawer of goodies and be 'vanilla' I think!

I love fetlife. It takes a bit of getting used to in terms of using the website and navigating around, but there really is something for everyone on there!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/introduce-yourself/542486-fetlife/

Hey there's already a thread discussing fetlife :) u might find more info there x

Fetlife scares the shit out of me.

I've tried it more than once and found it to be a highly aggressive and confrontational environment; not good for someone like me who's shy about making friends already!

Morphalubrius wrote:

Fetlife scares the shit out of me.

I've tried it more than once and found it to be a highly aggressive and confrontational environment; not good for someone like me who's shy about making friends already!

Totally the opposite of how I've found it! I have friends on there who've I met at munches, so now I have people I know to interact with, but the first 1-2 years of being on there I didn't know anyone, just lurked, looked and photos and read writings. Learnt a lot :)

Maybe it's a bit harsher on men...or it could equally be that I didn't know very much about the fetish scene so I was just seen as this stupid newbie most of the time haha.

Have you tried visiting any Fetish nights to "investigate" a bit further?
I went to my first one recently(I'm newly divorced, Fet-newbie & 46- so was pretty nervous!) and mostly everyone was really friendly- happy to chat about their likes, their clothing, other clubs etc and there really was no pressure to do anything I wasn't comfortable with.
No-one made me feel uncomfortable for being a newbie.
Remember it's easy for people to be brave online & be snippy & smartA's. You have had the courage to take a first step, so don't let others spoil that & keep on exploring!

I'd highly recommend a munch as well, I started going to munches first to know the people, then going to my first fetish night soon :)

There was actually a munch about 5 minutes from me last night but I couldn't go

I'm on there too, there is certainly something for everyone on there.

Finding it all very overwhelming on Fetlife. Still not too sure how to use it. Anyone have any tips?