Fibro and Sex questions, we noobies

Hey everyone, me and my partner have been together now going on 10 years. She suffers with fibromyalgia and basically our sex life is… not horrible but touch and go.
Basically we signed up to here to ask a question together.

Do any of you suffer with Fibro and if so how do you manage it to the point you have a sex drive back as my partner has no sex drive hasn’t for the last 7 years maybe. Is there anything we can do together or something we can do together… Do any of you use some sort of pain med/herb from a pharmacy that you have found that helped with reducing pain or upping sex drive we know it comes and goes its natural but hers literally never comes due to pain.

Also awkwardness during Anal? My partner sometimes gets no feeling down below due to her fibro and so we started talking about maybe doing Anal we have searched the forum and read some great tips that we have started on but my partner can’t get passed that she specifically feels awkward, I have asked well how can we avoid it or shall we look around some more and what not but to no avail. Im not trying to force it or anything as she is sat next to me as I type this out :joy: :joy: We are just looking how to lets say get passed “beating around the bush”

Hi @oHargreaves

I have no advice to offer but I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @oHargreaves :slightly_smiling_face:

You could try the search while you wait for some more replies. :+1:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/search?q=Fibro

1 Like

Hi there @oHargreaves and welcome aboard. I can’t help with your enquiry (although I know there are members here who can and I’m sure they’ll be along). Just wanted to say hi. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello :wave:

1 Like

Also can’t help with advice but welcome :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hello and welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@oHargreaves hello and welcome :relaxed:
I haven’t got any advice regarding pain but in regards to anal it can be super awkward. Even now I will occasionally get a bit of a complex. It’s getting over the thought of ‘oh no he’s touching/looking at my bum hole’ :rofl::joy: have you tried just starting with a lubed finger in the dark or a beginners plug just through foreplay to start with. With a plug as well she can put it in herself in the bathroom until she’s more comfortable and go from there. I don’t know anything about fibromyalgia but she may be able to feel sex more with a plug in.
If she’s happy for you to insort a finger or plug I would suggest clitoral stimulation at the same time… maybe with a bullet or wand that she can control while you’re doing your thing. It may take her mind off what’s happening and just enjoy the feeling rather than focusing on the act itself if you know what I mean.
Hope that helps! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi :wave: @oHargreaves welcome to the forum :blush:

1 Like

Hi. I suffer from M.E./C.F.S, theres a few other regulars o here with fibro or M.E. Too so hopefully someone will be able to give you some advice.
Have you seen this thread? Its got alot of good stuff in it.
https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/disability-fun/262718
As ian said, there are also lots of old threads on here that might give you something too, so have a dig and you should find some stuff.
There have recently been quite a few threads about low libido, so you might get some good stuff there too. Ive been there, i know how difficult it is.
This thread has some really good ideas in it for no libido and i specifically liked this particular suggestion by @anon62893628 as its something i do myself and it can work really well.

Sadly i cant give any useful advice vis a vis the pain as i only get the fatigue with mine. Hopefully one of the more experienced guys on here will jump in later. Quite a few on here have arthritus and do make it work, so i would say, dont give up hope.

As for anal, i would start with buttplugs personally. Go slow, get something silicone and about 3.5 inches in circumference (make sure to read the sizes, it really matters for butt stuff). Get a good waterbased anal lube. I like sliquid sassy myself.
Theres a p,ethora of guides on the site, so having a read may help make it less scary.
Buttplug guides
Anal toy guides

If it helps, i never thought id be into anal, and discovered i really enjoy it. So you never really know untill you try.
If you want something less complex you can start with just a finger. Go to the loo and Have a good wash up before hand (good prep for any sort of anal play).
It can be strange at first, as your brain doesnt know how to process it. First couple of times i just had a “full” sort of feeling of pressure, but after doing it a few times it started feeling good.

Hope this was at least partially helpful and that you both find something that works for you. If youve got more questions, please ask. People are really helpful on here.

3 Likes

I have fibromyalgia and have a lot of pain. During flare ups there’s not a lot I can do to get in the mood as the pain wears me down and I’m exhausted. Between flare ups, the pain is still there but more controllable. I try to take painkillers that don’t cause me to be drowsy when I think we may have a chance. I do kind of have to plan it in my head, sometimes I take a stronger med to knock me out one night in the hope I have more oomph the next!

It is tricky to work around but I find it similar to what was mentioned in a previous thread, the more we do, the more often I’m in the mood, despite the pain.

It’s such a crappy thing to live with so I feel for you as its tough on partners too.

3 Likes