Fifty Shades movie (worth watching for a better sex life??)

So me and the hubby will have a couple of hours to ourselves in the evening tomorrow. I suggested watching the FSOG movie but I've heard so many rubbish things about it. I've never read the book either.

Can we gain anything out of this film as a couple? We have got some bondage stuff coming through the post tomorrow but won't try until the week after (so I say). Just don't want it to be a wasted evening.

If it isn't worth the watch, any other movie which could improve things in the bedroom? Or at least put some ideas into hubby's head that he will want to try on me. Something with a story line. Many thanks x

As long as you don't expect a state-of-the-art film, you'll be fine. I have read the books, watched the movie too. The movie is actually better than the books, as it only lasts 2 hours. :) But none is worth the fame or the money.

However, if you are both completely new to BDSM, yes, watching it will paint a favourable image of it and will also show how pleasurable it can be (and might give you ideas too).

Owwwwwwe this is a difficult one .

My Mrs who luvs the books doesn't like the film .

Me I like the film except for the final scene where he lays into her rear with a strap in a let's say not so friendly mood and she takes it without saying her safety word. I am guessing that it's this scene in particular was frowned upon by the BDSm community.

That apart I think the film is perhaps one of the steamiest BDSM mainstream films ever done.

Scenes include a bare bottom over the knee spanking . Her naked in cuffs suspended from above and him tapping her with a riding crop including on her lady parts.

Very steamy film and it's available second hand at cheap prices.

Another film of similar ilk is The Story of O Untold Pleasures..

It is definitely worth a watch and it is interesting how the bondage does get introduced. The film isn't as good as the books but then films never general are when the book is written first. We did enjoying watching it as a couple and I think you will to.

Found the movie soooo boring...never read the books though.

Curiouser George wrote:

Found the movie soooo boring...never read the books though.

I don't disagree with that as it takes nearly 40 minutes to get going but then again it is really more of a chick flick .

If you haven't seen it I'd definitely suggest Secretary. It's got BDSM and it is a good film. If you want a BDSM comedy, you can't do much better than Preaching to the Perverted.

Secretary was very hot, was seeing a girl who was into it at the time - lots of fun x

Thanks everyone. Ooh mixed views there. We're after visuals even if the acting is horrendous or drags lol. I shall review it tomorrow evening on here (unless he decides to tie me up that night) x

Look foward to hear what you think of it.

It is worth watching especially the unseen version of which you get both versions on the DVD copy or the Blue ray version

You could always check out some of the films from this list http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/50-movies-that-are-sexier-than-fifty-shades-of-grey?fb_action_ids=10152689976759205&fb_action_types=og.shares#.ycakpxkka if you want something with good sex scenes in not just BDSM.

My OH read half the book as not into reading and couldn't wait for the film to come out we went to the pics to watch it and she loved it and opened up a whole new world for us she found her fetish bondage and we haven't looked back since I enjoyed the film I thought it was dark and deep I really got into it and def helped our sex life maybe not for everyone but you won't know until you try it.

myghost wrote:

You could always check out some of the films from this list http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/50-movies-that-are-sexier-than-fifty-shades-of-grey?fb_action_ids=10152689976759205&fb_action_types=og.shares#.ycakpxkka if you want something with good sex scenes in not just BDSM.

The comments to the list are worth reading as well - I rather enjoyed "Die Hard is sexier than FSOG" (and I did masturbate often enough to fantasiess of Jeremy Irons in Die Hard 3 <g> Which is not to say anything against half-naked Bruce Wilis in the first one...)

I think I actually had the worst sex of my life right after watching that movie with my boyfriend. He was so disgusted he was all pouty and broody because he took personal offence on how doms are depicted and how paper-thin the characters are. After the last scene when they do the "Anastasia" "Christian" thing in the elevator, he screamed "Donkey!" like in that scene from Shrek 2. Just because.

Since I kind of "forced" him to watch the movie with me when it came out in home video and I rented it through the Playstation Store (yes, you can rent or buy and download movies on your Playstation, kinda cheap too) he thought I deserved some kind of punishment, but he was so put off by the whole thing that at some point he just untied me, turned the Playstation back on and started playing Assassin's Creed.

At some point while he was in the middle of a naval battle against the British Navy he said: next time you want to set the mood, we watch Secretary.

As I said it ant for everyone lol.

Ddiggler wrote:

As I said it ant for everyone lol.

Definitely. Still good for the lolz, in my opinion, but personally I'd never suggest fifty shades as a movie that could entice some spicyness in the bedroom after watching, because that's not my experience. On the other hand, Secretary did an astounding job.

Still, if it's your cup of tea, go for it!

Talia wrote:

myghost wrote:

The comments to the list are worth reading as well - I rather enjoyed "Die Hard is sexier than FSOG" (and I did masturbate often enough to fantasiess of Jeremy Irons in Die Hard 3 <g> Which is not to say anything against half-naked Bruce Wilis in the first one...)

Die Had has the sexiest villain going, Hans Grubber, now that is sexy. FSOG couldn't get past three chapters.

I hated the books as I found the characters irritating and felt nothing for them at all, I also found it really repetative. The film was actually better in my opinion- the BDSM scenes are quite arousing and watching it as a couple is great for getting ideas. I wouldn't watch it over and over and its nothing to really write home about but it was a good way to kill 2 hours.

Look like 50 shades is a bit like marmite 😜