First time toy user

Hi everyone

I haven't used any toys at all before but now my boyfriend lives some distance away and we only see each other at weekends I've been thinking about it and looking at various toys for a few months. I'm quite shy and a bit embarrassed to start using them but I'm going to order something, I defintely want to try something that vibrates but I also want something for inside when he is not around so maybe I wll get two items. Can anyone give me any tips to start?

There is rabbits, I believe they do slim versions if you're not used to the full size one. But I have friends who use this

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39583

can be used internally, plus in vibrates too.

Howdy and welcome. Everyone will have an opinion on which toys are best, and no two opinions will be the same. Rather than bore you with my opinion, may I suggest you have a look at the sex toy guides in the drop down menu above. When you have a rough idea what you like the look of trying out, have a good read of the reviews: these will give you a good steer in terms of power, type of vibration, reliability and so on. Good luck.

Like gosig says everyone will have a different opinion on what works for them. See what you like the look of and read the reviews...personally if I had to buy a toy / toys for someone new to them I would probably go for a bullet and a suction base dildo.

If you want a vibrator I think the best is the Hitachi or mains powered wand, the vibrations are incredible and orgams guaranteed. If it is your first toy this may be a bit too much so maybe a smaller bullet vibe would work.

I'm with CurvyJilly34F on the suction base dildo, this is currently my favorite toy as I can ride it when needed and he's not around.

Also, don't be embarassed about using toys, it's very normal and I bet more ladies use them than not now.

Don't be afraind of the "cheap and cheerful" type vibes to begin with. You could pony up a not insignificant amount of money for a high end toy like a womanizer or wand and find they just don't do it for you and feel like youve wasted a fortune. LH does some mini wands at reasonable prices, these will give you a taste of what to expect from that style of toy, same for bullet vibes and once you get a taste for what works, then you can build from there.

For penetration, again LH do a basics range or lifelike lover range that aren't too costly and you can pick and choose what you think the right size is for you (if you are accustomed to an average sized penis, then sticking with an average size dildo first time up to bat makes sense, think 5-6 inch insertible length, 4-5 inch girth). Again, you could go for the mack daddy of dildos upwards of 100 pounds and end up underwhelmed.

I don't think a rabbit would be the way to go first up, from what I read on various threads on here, they are very hit and miss with each woman's anatomy different enough that one womans wonder toy is anothers flop. We have the desire rabbit which has been highly rated and Mrs Sen just doesn't get it, does nothing good for her at all.

And don't be embarrassed about using toys for pleasure, they are far more common than you think

Lube is worth getting too. 🙂👍

I wouldn't normally recommend a specific toy in this situation, as Gosig is spot on about everyone liking different things to different degrees. However, the Mantric rabbit ears is on offer at the moment and it could be a really good (and inexpensive) way to try out a few of the features of a mid-range toy without breaking the bank. It's silicone, waterproof, rechargeable, it's got strong, rumbly vibrations, and it's currently got 70% off. 🙂👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40767

I'd start cheap and experiment a bit to see what you like, then upgrade. If it's a long distance relationship there might be an app version of a favourite kind of toy - so that you could still have fun together?

Good advice from everyone else - especially about not aiming too large for insertable toys and also using lots of lube.

Lovehoney has a load of guides on the site. Which i found hugely helpful when i started with sex toys

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/

a bullet is a good place to start if youve never used a toy before. If you want a dildo, silicone is a good bet. Its body safe, non porus and easy to clean.

Lots of really good advice here

Ah, I remember when I was starting out on my toy journey.

It looks like you're after a dildo and clit vibe? You could also get a rabbit which acts as a dual stimulator. They are easy to use and do most of the work for you. However, rabbits can be luck of the draw as they may not "fit" everyone.

I would say try and get a decent quality item as a cheap thing may leave you disappointed. You don't have to break the bank, either. Lovehoney have some good offers now and again. Ian Chimp pointed out that the Mantric ears bullet is 70% off which is great for a notable brand like Mantric. There is a wide range clit vibes (bullets, pebbles wands, suckers, flickers, etc.) so maybe start with something that's affordable and go from there?

As for dildos, that depends what you find appealing. Some are realistic, some aren't and some are in the middle. Textured, smooth, thin, thick, vibrating, non-vibrating ~ That's up to you.

Also, I would stick only to body-safe materials like silicone, glass and steel.They are easier to look after and don't harbor bacteria like some other materials. If it's something that's going to vibrate, keep an eye out for rechargable toys to save money on batteries.

When I started out I tried a bit of everything as they were affordable to get on here. As time goes on, you'll get a better idea of what you like and what you don't like.