first year with bf

I know it's a stupidly early, horrible thought but I've got so much to get organised I'm gonna ask now before I forget and go on a crazy run around... I'm ranting now... ok...

What do you buy the bf for xmas and his birthday that's only two months after?

Interested in both male and female views and ideas...

This is why i'm glad my bf is such a nerd, can guarantee there's some new game out or a computer part that he wants, plus hes a zippo collector, bought him 7 of those and a display box as random gifts, but aftershave is always a nice gift too, especially if you get to pick what you like to smell on him.

My birthday is only a few days after Christmas. Usually, the missus will get me some things for Christmas and then maybe a night away somewhere nice for my birthday. Not always on my birthday as it can be nice to have something to look forward to in January/February when all the madness is over and the weather is depressing.

Aside from that, what kind of guy is he? What kind of things does he like? That'd all help.

This is why i wish my boyfrinds birthday wasnt mid september, i can wait between his birthday and christmas just fine, but i feel mean not buying him anything for the 9 months between christmas and his birthday, so he gets random gifts year round :P

I'm lucky, mine has his in June - nearly exactly half way so no spacing problems lol. I struggle buying presents for men too, this year I got us a night in a hotel, some odd little bits, and some nice underwear for me to wear for him :).

In the past I've got all sorts of stuff for ex's (football/concert tickets, aftershave, games, cd's/records!) - it just depends what they're into..

Thanks guys, it's such hard work. I'd love to go away but tbh winter time is my busy time, so I couldn't plan a holiday unfortunately.

He's into cars... and that's pretty much all... xx

Me and OH had been together 2 months when his birthday hit in November and 3 months at Christmas I just bought him loads of bits and bobs that we'd spoken about, chess, poker, champagne, booby sweets, t shirts he liked. His birthday was more about spending time together and spoiling him.

I think its harder when youve not been together long and I hate buying presents anyways...

Great ideas thou not sure if any are suitable yet ....x

It's very hard when you haven't been together long! Because of this thread I've been trying to remember what I got for his birthday but all I can remember is a little cake, we'd been together 6-7 weeks and two of that he was in America, you just don't know enough about them really, even the extra month till Christmas made a massive difference then two months till valentines. It doesn't have to be anything special, just one thing that he really wants will work

Depending on your budget, if he likes cars how about a track day kind of thing. You know, 3 laps of Brands Hatch in a Ferrari or whatever (or similarly a quad bike or go-kart session somewhere).

Great idea thanks ill have to have a look what I can find n afford xx

My husbands birthday is in December, and he hates that sometimes when he was younger he would sometimes get "joint" presents for his birthday and Christmas because they're so close. So I always make sure that he has a really special birthday, like I would if his birthday was any other time of the year. I hate it when people use a birthday near Christmas as a crappy excuse to not get them something as good, you know when it is every year, plan ahead!

What I would do is start from now and listen out for things that he likes. Or go shopping one day and just walk around some shops and that will give you a good idea of things he might want. Hen you can get them early and put them away until his birthday, then just concentrate on Christmas.

If you search for experience days there are loads of options, and there's something for every budget. e.g. on one website I looked at quad biking starts at about £35 and track events start at about £59 (and go up to a LOT! *lol*).

I'm obviously a bit weird, my birthday's in December and even as a kid I quite liked being able to combine presents to get one bigger & better present.

I'm lucky.. my boyfriend is like a big kid, he always wants a new xbox game (or this year just gone it was the xbox one console lol) so that makes it easier, failing that clothes and afterhshave, anything with superheroes on the packaging, or anything to do with football lol