Wii Fit?

Does anyone have one? I have been thinking about buying it to do Yoga mainly as it may work out cheaper than returning to classes...

Have one, The OH uses it a few times a week.

When we first got it it was being used everyday for the first month, and then it was just a gimmick. Only purpose I have for it is as a set of scales that tracks my weight.

Worth it if you are driven enough.

I have one... the novelty kind of wore off after a couple of weeks and now it's gathering dust. I'd rather buy some kind of yoga dvd

see i saw a good yoga wii game... and we use the wii a lot... i didnt realise the board is so ££ meh...

I have Wii Fit Plus. =)

It's good fun, but I don't do it every day anymore. If you have the time and the motivation, it's really great. Saves you buying scales, looks hilarious when you watch someone else do it, gives you areas to work on and scores to beat and tracks your progress.

I don't really like the yoga ones, as they can all be done just with a yoga cd/dvd or book, really. I wouldn't buy it if that's the only one you want to do. I personally find Aerobics the most fun, and it really works for me! Hula hooping, kick-boxing, dancing...

There are also muscle workouts, and you can unlock new positions and such in yoga... You even have an animated trainer who teaches you the moves.

As said though, it's only good if you're gunna have the motivation for it!

occhiverdi wrote:

see i saw a good yoga wii game... and we use the wii a lot... i didnt realise the board is so ££ meh...

A lot of places, the board comes free with the game. Or you can get it cheap on ebay...

Well id use it for the lot... my wii me would be a ball!

i have both wii fit and wii fit plus.

as a workout it's not that straining unless you do the running options and the earobic things. the adverts with people loosing massive amounts of weight are a bit misleading in that sense. There's options on how much time you do and calories you want to burn but obviously it's not very accurate as everyone is different.

there's some really good weight loss sites out there that can help as much ( if not more) than wii fit.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/ offers a diet and excersize plan for the individual, as well as some goals and a food diary. it's a us site though so measurments and some uk based products may be off

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx couch to 5k is a running programme that gets you doing short distances for a start and then builds you up. it can be used in conjunction with an mp3 player, and there are other sited dedicated to it.

Have Wii fit plus which is okay but as someone who's not particularly fit I found it a bit easy.

I also have a Barbara Currie yoga workout book that split into 10min 'classes' which is great.

chipNroll wrote:

I have one... the novelty kind of wore off after a couple of weeks and now it's gathering dust. I'd rather buy some kind of yoga dvd

Same situation with our one.

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

Yep, us too - it's sitting in the corner at the minute!

I have a Wii fit - admittedly I play it in phases. The girls where I work also have them and spending 20 mins a day on it does help shift the extra pounds alongside a healthy diet. It does tell you how many minutes you have done so you gain a sense of achievement for doing your 20 mins a day and then reaching the targets you've set. I like it when you don't feel up to going out or the weather is bad. I've not really used it for yoga - I enjoy the balance games. I thinks its worth the investment - you can get preowned ones cheaper.

We had the orginal wii fit with the balance board, but my oh wasn't really motivated, I used it quite alot, in the end though we gave it to my parents, my oh uses EA active workouts it comes bundled with some resistence bands for the arms & legs.

I saw that, it looked good x

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

Yep, us too - it's sitting in the corner at the minute!

and ours..... save your money or buy something exciting from lovehoney

again with us, we only used it for roughly 2 weeks and then it just became more of a chore to set it all up and the novelty wore off. its fun but can be a waste of money

LKS xxx

It also depends on what purpose you're using it for. I have Just Dance 2, and with all the jumping around, waving your arms about etc, I'm sure it burns more calories than wobbling about on a board.

i love my wii fit and so fair lost about 9 lbs in about 7 weeks ...not really changed my eating habits just use the wii fit 3-4 times a week.

Fun stuff while excercising in the comfort of my own home...really can not ask for more.

I have a Wii Fit, it's fun! I try to use it every day, or at least most days.

The Wii Fit is a glorious waste of money.