Forum Badges šŸ¦”

Shall I pop up a poll and see if we should remove it?

1 Like

It doesnā€™t work. :slightly_smiling_face: Though Iā€™m unlikely to use it even if it did.

I tried using the box to share a link on Facebook, and that didnā€™t make the Promoter badge pop either.

ETA: I do use the regular ā€˜invite user to topicā€™ function though, so if we could keep that and just ditch the Badge thatā€™d be perfect. :+1:

Brilliant idea brenna

I think I lost my badges for my picture reply? I think that might be because I deleted it/brought it back when we were checking the edit lock out.

Actually, Iā€™m not sure anyone is getting badges for their #yourphotos? I wonder if Brenna excluded them? :thinking:

It turns out that now the #your-photos category is set to ā€˜account holdersā€™ only the posts have become ineligible for Badges. :+1:

I was curious how hard some of the Gold badges are to get, and there doesnā€™t seem to be a way to keep count, but (if you want to be a big saddo :slightly_smiling_face:) you can download all of your posts and tickle them with a spreadsheet to find out a bit more. :+1:

The one I tried this for was Admired (Received 5 likes on 300 posts). Turns out Iā€™m quite a way offā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

To download your posts you go to Activity, and thereā€™s a ā€˜Download Allā€™ button in there. :+1: Click it and youā€™ll get a message from System a short time later with a link to a zipped file.

1 Like

Gold badges? :astonished: I canā€™t do most of the bronze. One thatā€™s bugging me is reading a thread with 100 comments. Iā€™ve painstakingly read a few and still canā€™t get the badge! :thinking:

That one pops overnight, so you may find you have it in the morning. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope so. Iā€™m usually reading stuff around midnight. I canā€™t give advise to save my life, so I donā€™t reply to important topics :frowning:

Iā€™m sure you know by now that giving advice isnā€™t mandatory (or expected :slightly_smiling_face:). If youā€™re enjoying reading then thatā€™s good enough for us. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp yeah, I understand that, I just feel guilty because I canā€™t join in with supportive messages, but thatā€™s just a me thing. I like that in person, feeling guilty for only being able to listen. I get super awkward.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not my forte either. :slightly_smiling_face: But itā€™s okay, thereā€™s plenty of people who do excel at it. :+1: Thereā€™s no need to feel any sense of guilt here at all. Youā€™re all good. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance

1 Like

Hey @Purring-Pussy , youā€™re not alone in feeling a bit awkward in giving advice, I tend to only chip in when itā€™s something Iā€™ve either had experience of or actually know something about it. I sit back and read through lots of posts without joining in a lot of time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@wildflower oh Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m not the only one.
I find a few of the various threads helpful to me by reading the advise.

1 Like

@Purring-Pussy I feel thatā€™s the main benefit to this forum, you can get advice without having to speak up a lot of time. As long as itā€™s helping you ,itā€™s all good :+1:

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem to have popped for you yet? :thinking:

Special Offers and Top Sale Picks has just over 100 replies now. You could try slowly scrolling down through each of those posts again if you really want the Badge. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Purring-Pussy @Ian_Chimp ā€¦ I also struggled on that one.
I slowly worked my way down all the replies leaving an amount of time on each one but it still didnā€™t work. I did this for a couple of threads and still nothing and then suddenly it just popped and the badge was awarded. I donā€™t know what I did differently but I would try a range of threads and leave it open for a good amount of time after working your way down the responses.
Good luck.

4 Likes

I had to do exactly the same @arry069 think I tried about 3 times before it finally awarded me the badge :+1:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp @arry069 thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been doing :laughing:

Iā€™ll keep trying, thanks guys x

1 Like

Congratulations! It has popped. :slightly_smiling_face::partying_face::tada::bouquet:

1 Like