Lovehoney forum Friends

I hope this is the correct place to post this as I only joined here yesterday so still finding my way around.
I see against members profile there is an option to add friend, and yesterday I had a friends request which I accepted,but I am wondering what difference having someone as a friend here makes, if any ? or if its just kind of a nice gesture sort of thing. :-)
Would love to know , thanks x

Hi Shy Widow 58, welcome to the forums.

If you search there are other threads that'll answer you, but basically you're right- it's a gesture thing. Eons ago, before I was a member, there were private chat options, but this is no more. The friends are a remenant of a time now passed.

Hope this helps, and have fun here x

Its just a gesture thing. However if you get a friend request it normaly because you have similar interests and expectations .It will give you eaier acces to what they have been posting by clicking on their profile .

I would like to think that we are all friends on here and normally that is true. OK we sometimes have differing views but we are still all friends.

Thanks both for your replies which have explained things perfectly.
Its a nice feature to have although I also agree that its nice to think that we are all friends here together.
Tcx

mysteron wrote:

Its just a gesture thing. However if you get a friend request it normaly because you have similar interests and expectations .It will give you eaier acces to what they have been posting by clicking on their profile .

I would like to think that we are all friends on here and normally that is true. OK we sometimes have differing views but we are still all friends.

+ 1 x

I think its better to think of it as a way of having your "friends" close by so you can easily find them and read their posts/reviews etc. this is especially so if you dont use the forum often and dont want to scroll through loads of pages to find what you are interested in, or if someone writes good reviews and you like similar toys so you can see what they think.

i dont like thinking of it as a let over function of an old style forum that has no real use!