Friend says he is in love with me

I haven't had the time to talk to him in person (I rarely have time to meet any of my friends in person) but we spoke by text today. It felt like usual and I'm really happy about it, hopefully it will not be any different moving forward :)

Throbinhood wrote:

Sounds like one of those awkward moments in life that we have all experienced at some point!

Talk to him on his own and make it clear you only will ever be friends with him.

Im sure he would still want to keep you as a friend otherwise he may lose you completely

sxieksaker

you have some excellent advice here. Throbinhood I think has it correct, especially the talking to him on his own bit. Tell him you are very flattered by what he said to you, but you are in a committed relationship with someone you love. Explain that you do not wish to lose him as a very dear friend and to someone you respect.

I wish you well, please let us know how you get on.

Sxleksaker, well i have been the idiot who has said somethign like that. In my case, i was in a shit job, moved away from my mates, out of a relationship for ages, pretty lonely. Caught up with one of my good female friends and said somethign similar when very drunk. Ruined our friendship for a year.

that was years ago, luckilly we are good now. To be honest i never did really fancy her i was just low and needed someone.

he sounds like he has been holding a candle for you for years so might not be quite the same.

You need to speak to him and be honest. You can get back as friends but will take time and he will need to get over the fact nothing is going to happen.

Hey hunni - how are things going? Are things back to normal now?

Xxx

It hasn't been weird when we have met in school and when we have talked by text :) It feels like it did before so I'm pretty happy about it, hope it stays this way. :)

Sxleksaker wrote:

It hasn't been weird when we have met in school and when we have talked by text :) It feels like it did before so I'm pretty happy about it, hope it stays this way. :)

That's great to hear.

You've had a good week - you deserve it. And btw - you are going to look stunning in the Indulge Me body you have ordered!!!

Xxxx

I hope so, all of the items are so pretty. I really liked your pictures so now I'm also very tempted by the basque and the babydoll. Just have to wait until payday 😄

Stick to your guns and be firm. If he sees anything that might hint at some kind of romantic future with you I suspect he'll take that as a "Keep trying".

You did the right thing by being upfront and honest with him. If I were you, I'd act like nothing had changed, make sure he knows he's important to you, but only as a friend.