Friending on Lovehoney

How do you make friends on here?

What makes you decide to add somebody to your friends?

For me it is as simple as having something in common, such as haveing a good volley in Word Association. Or it might be because someone posts a question that I can answer, but would prefer not to do so in public.

I have only had one friend request refused, an option that I suspect more people should exercise as there seems to some grief about being bombarded in Chat.

Hi Ali.

I don't do chat as a rule but I do add friends as there have been times when I have chatted to people who I know well from here about something they or myself may not have wanted on the forums. I add people who've been active for a little while and seem like nice folks! I'd never add someone who posts an amazing avatar and never reviews or comments. SG x

Agree with Noon,

There can be alot of grief with being bombarded in Chat but I wouldn't let that stop you if you do want to chat. People you add can quickly and easily be deleted. It's all about trial and error.

I've made some really lovely friends through chat and I've done my fair share of deleting people.

Just have fun and enjoy the forum for what it is x

Hi Ali,

I also new to all this i have only been a member for a week but i have found no problems on the chat, as someone that is lonely i enjoy the company. As as Miss T&N says any probs you can delete them. Give it a go x

I used to chat in chatrooms years ago which had a friend system similar to this one, there was an etiquette then that even if a woman accepted a man as a friend she would always be the first to start a conversation it was impolite to continually send private messages especially of the lewd and suggestive kind. In the brief time I have been posting I would say most ladies here are into sex with their partners not looking for an on line relationship or a cyber f*ck buddy.

I only add those who have posted on the forums but i also check to see if they have any other friends. You are best to be safe and only add those who you think are genuine. Bit tricky as im pretty sure there are people using more than one or two profiles on here.

x

Dee licious......my off line chat is stuff too boring to post on the board.....since the forum is an open one about sex what would be so private you must do it off line?

I generally look at someone's profile and add them if I think that I have anything in common with them, I also look at the posts that they have made to see if they seem 'normal' or like they are fishing for cyber, also as Noon has said I add people who I might have had a volley with on word ass or a convo with in one of the threads.

generally I don't add anyone who hasn't posted anything or doesn't have any information on their profile about them. I like a profile pic to look at, even if the pic is clearly not of them it does show what someone's personality might be like.

It is very very rare that I send out a friends request, but when I have I don't think that anyone has ever refused

I have refused or ignored alot of people in the past, as well as deleted people that I have found to be offensive or that I just have nothing in common with.

Don't be afraid not to add people it doesn't make you a nasty person, I often leave requests a little while before making a decision based on how they seem on the forum.

Gunther tries to add Boobaloo coz she has a massive chest lol

gunther wrote:

Gunther tries to add Boobaloo coz she has a massive chest lol

lols, you fibber, there is no friend request

boobaloo sobs in corner :P

I dont generally send friend requests to ladies coz a slap in the face causes bruising.......but since you have a huge chest lol

er why did I do that I am an ankle and leg man

im thinking of going through my friends list and deleting because i do have a few that just want chat on here and put nothing into the forums, there are some that will post on the forums once or twice a month so will delete those as well, if they cant be bothered to read the forum and the posts i put in threads they dont deserve my time, when i was having crap time in january most people i chatted too knew this as they had bothered to read it in the rant section or good morning section, but then you get a person on chat say hi how are you, and i reply not that good and they reply "why? i then thought to myself i need to delete a lot the deadwood and just keep ones that are active on the forum or who i like to chat too privately

Rach....just tell them to read the rant thread...its hardly someones fault if they havnt seen it

gunther wrote:

Rach....just tell them to read the rant thread...its hardly someones fault if they havnt seen it

your missing my point, it wasnt that i just put it once in the rant thread, it went on for weeks and i had very helpful people on here, but my point im trying to make is, certain people only come on here for the chat and have no interest in the forum and posting or reading the threads

Thanks for all the info there guys, I was wondering a lot about this myself.

your missing my point, it wasnt that i just put it once in the rant thread, it went on for weeks and i had very helpful people on here, but my point im trying to make is, certain people only come on here for the chat and have no interest in the forum and posting or reading the threads

OK I see your point. My experience from other places is the more friends you have the less you can remember about any of them (maybe its a male brain thing)

I feel I have been a bit ignorant until readint this thread, didn't realise there was the whole friend thing going on here, turns out, I had friend requests waiting to be accepted! My bad. I imagine I'll be adding those who I find contribute across the board in a devilishly interesting fashion!

Yeah I'm not sure of the etiqutte. I feel like a bit of an outsider because I havn't put a pic up which I would assume makes people suspicious but I will take one soon I promise!

As for people sending me them I don't mind. I know I don't post much butas has been said before, people can always be deleted!

Why do people add you as a friend then always post in invisible mode....I dont see the point?