Fun Factory rechargable problem...

Hey! I've had a rechargable "Paul and Paulina" vibe and it is a wonderful, wonderful toy... But there's a problem with it and I can't tell whether the charger is at fault, or the vibe...

See, the magnetic charger has always had problems with attaching - sometimes it slips and the red light stops. But for the past year a few adjustments would put it into place and after 7h the vibe is good to go! Lasts about an hour and a half.

However, as of lately something is very wrong. The last two times I charged it, after 7h the vibe only lasts about 10 minutes, then dies. Can a li-on battery wear off so suddenly? I mean, from 1 1/2h to 10 minutes? Or is the charger at fault?

A charger is easily replaced, however that vibe was darn expencive, for me anyway :/ Is there any way to fix a li-on battery?

Thanks, darlings!

Nasty situation for sure.... only ten minutes of use.... as bad as a partner that rolls over and goes to sleep, leaving you hanging. Sounds like you need to take it to an electrician. Preferably one who is broad-minded enough not to hold it against you If it's a nickle-cadmium battery (which it probably is) they lose their storage capacity if you recharge them before they are fully run-down. But you say it's lithium ion(?) in which case it should be fine. You could stick a circuit-tester on the charger to see if it's working... or take it to a store and ask them to check it. Good luck with it Lola

Oh, believe me, it sucks! The mood is right, the sucker stops and I feel like I want to throw it at the wall, lol!

I followed your advice and tried a circuit-tester (my neighbour had one, had to lie what the charger is for, lol) and he said it works...but when I attach it to the vibe, the red light is not on, or is on for a short time... how can the vibe be at fault if the charger doesn't light up? And yet there is electricity running through it? Man, this sucks...

Good work Lola.... but sounds like the old problem of a bad contact between the charger and the electrodes in your vibrator. Try cleaning them and if that doesn't work, use some abrasive paper. Or see if you can put pressure on the connection with a weight or elastic band etc as it's charging. Ooooo, this is starting sound seriously kinky! Remember the charger light tells you if the contact has failed again. xxx

Hi HotLola and welcome to the forums.

If you have had the toy for less than a year then the LH return policy is fabulous, you can send anything back within a year for any reason, so they should be able to replce it for you. a bit safer than probing it with electrical stuff in my opinion.

Hx

Hi HotLola, I'm sorry to hear your Fun Factory toy isn't working as it should be. If you can contact our customer care team by email, phone or livechat they will be more than happy to help and advise :-)

Thank you, friends! Unfortunately, I didn't buy the toy from here - I found the forum while searching for a way to dispose from it. Then I began thinking "What if...", but to no avail - I got a second charger just to be sure, and it prooved that the toy has charging problems - it vibrates just fine, but it doesn't charge!

Now it lasts no more than 10 seconds...poor fella :D

Why aren't there repair shops for these vibes? They are expencive like hell, if cellphones can be repaired, then so can vibes!

Have you tried repairing your own toy?