Tango charger - faulty?

Any other We-vibe Tango owners having problems with the charger?

Mine keeps cutting out after just charging for a few minutes. I wondered if it was just extra sensitive but it's happening even when I put it to charge somewhere it can't possibly be knocked.

i don'tknow if it is faulty or if this is just an annoying design glitch. Otherwise very happy with it - lack of use isn't the issue.

I've never had issues charging ours, but I've read a few reviews that say the magnetic contact can be a bit fiddly. Though if you've popped it somewhere un-knockable it seems unlikely. Are you sure it needs charging?

Ian Chimp wrote:

Are you sure it needs charging?

It came out for a half hour play this morning - maybe that wasn't enough for it to need plugging in again. I'll trying running it down and charging from scratch and see what happens.

I've had a few now - a very old pale blue one that wasn't USB but needed a shaver socket to charge it. It also had the old round magnetic charger that was an utter nuisance as it couldn't lie flat.It doesn't have much life in it now but I still get a quick play out of it now and then (it's in my knitting bag for an emergency wank! I don't knit any more but it's a good hiding place). I use the newer USB to charge it these days.

I also have two of the new flatter charger ones. I tend to rotate these now. If the one in my partner's house dies I take it to mine to charge and take the other one back to my partner's. The warning light gives me enough time to sort this.

Has yours run down to the warning light yet?

I must admit I do like to run all my vibes right down regularly. I seem to get the best out of the batteries this way.

Try giving the contacts a good wipe but unless it's actually running down so the light is flashing I'd say it's in need of a good run down. When I've run mine down it takes over an hour before the light goes off (and gets quite warm).

Thanks VR - it has been run down and recharged several times but perhaps not recently. I'm going to spend part of this afternoon holed up in the bathroom with hair dye so I'll take it in with me and give it a good seeing to while my roots take... I'll see if that helps.

I thought I'd better check to see if you're alright. Locking yourself in the bathroom with the Tango while also trying to dye your roots sounds like a recipe for green hair. 🙂

Ha! Thank you, Ian Chimp. My hair is its usual (natural-ish ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)) blonde and the Tango carried on Tangoing for an hour! I'll try to wear it - and myself - out for a bit longer, later. Chicken dinner in the meantime. I'm wondering if you are all correct and I just haven't run it down far enough before charging it again. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I managed to grab a spare Mantric bullet for £15 today - have you seen that offer? Very pleased with that one.

MsR wrote:

Ha! Thank you, Ian Chimp. My hair is its usual (natural-ish ) blonde and the Tango carried on Tangoing for an hour!

It has got a very impressive runtime. 🙂 We did a comparison test earlier this year with the Mantric, Desire, and Tango bullets. I got an 1hr 40 minutes from the Tango on the Ultra setting. 🙂👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1770038-has-anyone-brought-a-desire-bullet/page-2/

MsR wrote:

In the meantime, I managed to grab a spare Mantric bullet for £15 today - have you seen that offer? Very pleased with that one.

I've been flirting with it, but we have enough bullets already. My friend orders stuff and has it delivered to mine, so I got to have a little go with the Mantric Bullet (not a 'sex go', just a recce). I thought it was a rumbly little thing, and definitely something we'd think about. It's a great bullet on a budget too.

Did you not fancy bundling it up into a bigger basket to take advantage on this weekend's codes for a bit more money off?

Ian Chimp wrote: It has got a very impressive runtime. 🙂 We did a comparison test earlier this year with the Mantric, Desire, and Tango bullets. I got an 1hr 40 minutes from the Tango on the Ultra setting. 🙂👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1770038-has-anyone-brought-a-desire-bullet/page-2/

Well, that is certainly dedication to the cause. All in a good name! I like my Tango - I like the Desire bullet too.

MsR wrote:

Did you not fancy bundling it up into a bigger basket to take advantage on this weekend's codes for a bit more money off?

Yes - that thought certainly crossed my mind. Always does! I played around with various basket items for a while. Got my eye on a Lelo 2 bullet and, as always, the glass dildos. However, 3 kids, family birthdays and Christmas coming up... I can get away with small spends on myself and OH but - life, eh?

@Ian Chimp - have you really not got your own Mantric bullet? Unbelievable. Hope your trusting friend didn't mind you breaking the seal. If it is Mrs Chimp's favourite vibe brand you should grab it while it is half price and add a reviewer's discount. Can't go wrong. x

MsR wrote:

Hope your trusting friend didn't mind you breaking the seal.

Yes, it's all completely consensual. 🙂

I've been eyeing up a couple of things, but I think I'm going to save my pennies for Black Friday. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've been eyeing up a couple of things, but I think I'm going to save my pennies for Black Friday. 🙂

Good point, well argued :-)

Re the Tango issue - I've had it running for another hour today and the warning light has (finally!) started to flash. I've put it under the bed where it can't be disturbed to charge. It the charging light goes off after a few minutes I'll know it's a fault - if it stays on for a fair amount of time then that will be fab!

MsR wrote:

Re the Tango issue - I've had it running for another hour today and the warning light has (finally!) started to flash. I've put it under the bed where it can't be disturbed to charge. It the charging light goes off after a few minutes I'll know it's a fault - if it stays on for a fair amount of time then that will be fab!

The charging light has gone off now - job done. I don't think it is faulty - I think I need to use it up more before charging it. Tough job, all these demands on my time, but needs must! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

That's good. 🙂👍 I charge the toys with little batteries after one or two uses, but the ones with bigger batteries (ie. longer runtimes) I leave for much longer. There's a bit of guesswork to it, but I think it gets easier the more you do it.

Ian Chimp wrote:

That's good. 🙂👍 I charge the toys with little batteries after one or two uses, but the ones with bigger batteries (ie. longer runtimes) I leave for much longer. There's a bit of guesswork to it, but I think it gets easier the more you do it.

I mostly put things to charge overnight / overlunch straight after use, and catch up on the less popular ones every few weeks as suggested by your good self and others. Maybe some popular toys can last a bit longer.

As for your last remark - yes, in all sorts of ways!

Glad it's working properly, MsR.

I also order and take in parcels from LH for my sister (her partner is offended by the thought of her using sex toys so I occasionally order for her, too).

She only lives 5 minutes away from me but never gets to mine faster than when I text her to say "it's arrived" then you'd swear she's teleported! I also charge her toys and get rid of the packaging for her so I get a feel for whatever she's ordered. She's a stay-at-home mum so doesn't have much of a budget but it's interesting to see a few of the items she's ordered (one of them being the Mantric bullet when it was on offer and that went straight to the top of her faves list).

I do the same for a friend that doesn't want our horrible neighbour taking stuff in as horrible neighbour opens parcels (but denies it). Luckily, we have a great postie.

I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing but I have a cousin who lives really close to the BMS warehouse in Canada (and her daughter is in college close to the We-Vibe place). As a result my friend had me ask her to pick up a few of their vibes from there (exchange rate is good for us and postage not too bad especially as my cousin marked it as a gift!). We had a play on the weekend and what a great little set. I'm off now to ask (beg) Lovehoney to stock them.

VR you sound like a great friend and neighbour. With interesting contacts! I'll wait and see if Lovehoney take you up on your recommendations.

I'm not concerned about anyone's arrangements re parcels. I'm usually the one at home on our street so I know who shops where! I was just surprised that Mrs Chimp doesn't already own a Mantric Bullet for every handbag as I think it is Ian Chimp who says Mantric is his wife's favourite frequency? - might have that wrong. I like Mantric but Desire wins out even over the Tango.

BTW - I asked you on the cystitis thread about Pjur Med: I'm wondering if the Sliquid toy cleaner could be used on skin too as it is all natural and anti-bac. Live Chat thought it would be ok, but I wondered if anyone had tried it.

MsR wrote:

I was just surprised that Mrs Chimp doesn't already own a Mantric Bullet for every handbag as I think it is Ian Chimp who says Mantric is his wife's favourite frequency? - might have that wrong. I like Mantric but Desire wins out even over the Tango.

You're absolutely right. She's enjoyed every single Mantric toy we've got, so it is a bit of an outlier that we haven't got this one. We just have so many bullets it's hard to justify getting another. If I can get it with 60% off, and pop it in a basket with a £20 off £40 voucher, then I think that'd swing it. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

I was just surprised that Mrs Chimp doesn't already own a Mantric Bullet for every handbag as I think it is Ian Chimp who says Mantric is his wife's favourite frequency? - might have that wrong. I like Mantric but Desire wins out even over the Tango.

You're absolutely right. She's enjoyed every single Mantric toy we've got, so it is a bit of an outlier that we haven't got this one. We just have so many bullets it's hard to justify getting another. If I can get it with 60% off, and pop it in a basket with a £20 off £40 voucher, then I think that'd swing it. 🙂

I can recommend it - twice. Unless you can get a Desire bullet for the same price.

I admire your mathematical analysis of all possible Lovehoney baskets! Keep up the good work :-)