Okay, I have some of THE WORST LUCK when it comes to vibes

Okay, excuse me a moment, but I'm going to have a little rant.

Yet another of my vibes doesnt work. One of these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14884 Havent used it for a while, so as I needed to return something else, I thought I'd review it, remind myself just what it was like, how powerful, etc. And the blasted thing wont turn on. I've tried two different sets of newly charged batteries, a third pair from a remote which most definatly work- and nothing.

And you know what really annoys me- the fact that I have to send something else back to Lovehoney as faulty. When I've had to do this several times in the past- and by now they must be really thinking that I'm trying to have it on.

What annoys me most is not the fact that it doesnt work, and I have to send it back- I know the returns system is one of THE BEST, and thank them so much for that. No, what annoys me is the fact that I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to vibes working, and that those guys looking at the records must think of me when I send something else back as supposedly not working. I feel embarrased by the fact that vibes seem to lose the will to live around me!

If anyone has any suggestions, much appreciated. I'm just annoyed, I'm sorry to go on and on, but I just hate that a vibe which was in very good condition, only used once, just gives up the ghost.

Best advice I can give is to keep fiddling around with it and the batteries. Try fresh ones etc. Some of them can be a little fiddly in getting them to work.

Also, at the end of the day- the returns/exchanges policy is there for a reason. You can shop in confidence. If it's faulty- get a replacement or an exchange. Sometimes there can be a faulty batch etc.

I love the 1years policy. Can't complain at all.

On a side note- how have you gotten on with your purple flogger? (Still waiting for pics ;P)

Nymeria wrote:

Best advice I can give is to keep fiddling around with it and the batteries. Try fresh ones etc. Some of them can be a little fiddly in getting them to work.

Also, at the end of the day- the returns/exchanges policy is there for a reason. You can shop in confidence. If it's faulty- get a replacement or an exchange. Sometimes there can be a faulty batch etc.

I love the 1years policy. Can't complain at all.

On a side note- how have you gotten on with your purple flogger? (Still waiting for pics ;P)

Thanks hun. I sometimes have a batch of reviewing and sending a few things back- but suddenly realising that several of the things dont work (I did know about the other- and had a replacement on that one, which incidentily doenst work...), well, it just got a bit too much.

Talking about floggers- I was just about to update that pictures threat, lol! I did manage to get in contact with Sunshine2009 and they agreed to let me have the flogger- however they were in the middle of moving house, so wouldn't be able to look/find it for a while. And that's the last I've heard of them. I should contact them, but I didn't want to rush them. Besides, as you know, we're also just about to move.

I have just now, just this hour, won this GORGEOUS hand-made flogger off of ebay. Someone on the floggers thread had mentioned Jacks Floggers- handmade floggers, and whilst they weren't exactly to my taste, they were undeniably beautiful, and I was intrigued. When I saw this ebay listing though, I was a little more then intrigued. After chatting with the seller- who is IMMENSLY HELPFUL, I might add, I knew that I was on to a winner, and placed my bid! And, I've been successful! I've only got space (and money) enough for one- however there was an absolutly GORGEOUS leather flogger which really caught my eye. We've been having communication problems with ebay, so I havent found out what I want about that other one, but I can say that I haven't been more happy in this perchase!

And here's the winning flogger. Gorgeous 15cm wooden handle, black and blue 45cm suade falls, top quality from a really skillful (and helpful) person.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=221133247218

Might be a silly question but do you take the batteries out inbetween using them? Could be leaking batteries maybe?

PurringTiger wrote:

Might be a silly question but do you take the batteries out inbetween using them? Could be leaking batteries maybe?

Nope, not a silly question. I always remove batteries- for one, its easier if you only have one or two sets that will power your collection, you just put them in whatever's you 'flavour' for the night; but also, living with a family, I dont get to use them often or as regularily as I'd sometimes like, so there's no saying how long a set of batteries will be in there between uses. It's always made sense to remove them. Thanks for the suggestion!

SN wrote:

And here's the winning flogger. Gorgeous 15cm wooden handle, black and blue 45cm suade falls, top quality from a really skillful (and helpful) person.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=221133247218

Can't seem to get the picture to load.. but congrats! =)

Would love to see pics of that when you get it too. We just hijacked the thread with talk about floggers lol.