gears of war 3

firstly! i must apologise for geeking up the forums! :P

i just had a question to ask;

who here is excited for the game? or has pre-ordered it... and is getting a character? are u interested in keeping it or not bothered about it!

im getting so confused where to pre-order mine from :(

help! :P

also interested in how many people are even gonna play the game! hopefully i'll get atleast one reply!

thanks guys n gals.

I'm not much of a gamer any more to be honest, but I still love tekken. a friend of mine has actually taken a week off work for the launch of Gears 3, that's how excited he is for it!

i've not played any of the franchise unfortunatley, though it's one i've been interested in

like Johnny Roach i don't really have much time for gaming nowadays so tend to do handheld game and less immersive ones

i love gears of war - i find preordering is never the cheapest option, i find going to sainsburys on release day is best and get big releases for 27 quid (COD4, HALO 3 etc i got at this price)

i will lock myself away for a week on release though!!

I love the series but im a PS3 man so will be unable to play, im hoping a mate will get it and i'll just live round there for a week.

I'm more looking forward to Skyrim (think i just geeked it out even more :P )

Hey, I've played bits of the first and second games. I havent pre-ordered myself but my bf has ordered the epic edition (because hes a real nerd!) and also unlocked a character by liking gears 3 on facebook! He also played the beta so I think he may of unlocked a few in game things from that too. As far as I know he pre-ordered his copy from game.

x x x

Had to sell my 360 a while back so no gears for me =(

Just finished playing through Deus Ex on PS3 though, that was pretty awesome! Dead island next for me I reckon! =D

Waiting for Fifa 12 in our house!

We play more board games than anything else usually. Bananagrams and pass the bomb current faves!

The OH and I are very into gaming, he loves gears of war and gears of war 2. However, we don't like to buy a game when it first comes out - cost mostly. We usually wait until it is around £10. I got him 3 games today, dead to rights retrubution, timeshift and red faction armageddon.

He friend is also into gears of war but has pre-ordered it, he will queue up for it at midnight as well.

My enjoyment of GoW was short-lived, mainly because I'm not a fan of the engine they use. Admittedly I do play more FPS games, but the way the GoW franchise handles compared to other over-the-shoulder games is just too 'rigid' for my liking.

After playing the superb new Space Marine, I can't see myself even having a glance at the new Gears game.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

The OH and I are very into gaming, he loves gears of war and gears of war 2. However, we don't like to buy a game when it first comes out - cost mostly. We usually wait until it is around £10. I got him 3 games today, dead to rights retrubution, timeshift and red faction armageddon.

He friend is also into gears of war but has pre-ordered it, he will queue up for it at midnight as well.

My boyfriends the same, he's a really big gamer but doesnt always have the money. He's traded in quite a few games to be able to afford the new gears. When he does have money, like say when student loan comes in, he'll put money to one side for all the games coming out he wants to play. I think his secret is buying games, playing them quickly, then trading them in for a good price lol so if he does end up spending a bit of money on a new game, when its traded in it will pay for a game in the future

x x x

i am looking forward to lots of games gears 3 being one of them but not pre-ordering it but i have pre-ordered battlefield 3.

Im waiting for skyrim to come out then no one will see me till christmas!

Have played through gears one and two good games so might get 3 if I have the cash.

totallylamb wrote:

Hey, I've played bits of the first and second games. I havent pre-ordered myself but my bf has ordered the epic edition (because hes a real nerd!) and also unlocked a character by liking gears 3 on facebook! He also played the beta so I think he may of unlocked a few in game things from that too. As far as I know he pre-ordered his copy from game.

x x x

hey totallylamb :) i was wondering, what character did he get from liking it on facebook?! haha ;) tah