Gamers!

I've seen a lot of people say they like gaming so now I'm just being nosey, what do you's like to play? And what console (If any) do you use?

I'm a PC gamer, I love using my PC for gaming or may laptop depending on how lazy I am to sit at a desk. (Apart from the odd Mario on the snes, Wii/u) I do like to play MMOs but haven't found any that have kept my attention in a long time. Other than I like to play FPS's CS, COD, Battlefield. I do enjoy playing a lot of the Zombie Games, Dead Island, Left4Dead, KF ect!.

I love my xbox 360 =D Fav games are Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, Dead Island, Mortal Kombat, James Bond games, Resident Evil games, actually I could probably just go on and on lol xx

PC gamer! I love Sims games and fantasy RPGs but I sometimes play world builder simulations too, mostly the historical or fantasy themed ones. I've played a few browser games in my time but they never last. I love Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, stuff like that.

I've tried some MMOs as well but haven't been into them in a while. There's a few I might try in the near future though i.e. Elder Scrolls online and an incoming Arthurian one (in the next year or two) which is a successor to Dark Age of Camelot which I tried briefly and might have liked if I'd had more time for it.

I have a PS3 but thinking about investing in an X-Box also.

I'm SO fussy with games.... I'm slowly dipping into several games at the moment. I have "Batman: Arkham City" on the go, as well as "Catherine" and "DMC4".

I want something new though!!

PC gamer here. I play League of Legends most of the time, but have a number of other games that I usually sit down and play with the missus. We just finished Dishonoured and are now onto Remember Me. Plenty of choice out there - I just recently built a big sexy computer, so I'm getting the most out of it :)

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

Right now I'm playing Age of Empires on PC too. I pretty much like all those old ones, like Heroes of Might and Magic, Baldur's Gate and Fable. Anything from the 90s that involves magic or civilisation seems to interest me!

Yes! I never played Balder's Gate but I love all the others. I'm thinking about getting the new version of Age of Empires II from Steam :) I also know that Balder's Gate is available on Gog.com, which is a great way to get games from the 90s and early 2000s to work on more recent computers so I will probably end up with it at some point! I have had many happy hours with the Might and Magic games (the RPGs affiliated with the Heroes games) rebought from GOG.

I own a 360, wii u, 3ds and sometimes have acess to the OH's gaming pc (looking to build my own when i can afford)

My tastes are mixed, but i like most sandboxes and puzzle games. Love Nintendo titles like zelda and mario kart.

I like saints row assasins creed and red dead redemption as well as minecraft.

Some RTS games are good, like age of empires 2 ,with human players.

The sims is nice but does not hold my attention for too long

Thomas was alone is nice, and the basement collection is interesting.

Point and clicks are sometimes good, such as pheonix wright, professor layton and the puzzle agent series.

I mostly play my 360. My favourites are all the Elder Scrolls, Fallout,s, Dead Island, Assassins Creed, Fable, Viva Pinata. For the PC there's WoW, AoE and The Sims. Also love the Harvest Moon series!

I own pretty much every console, I particularly love my ps3 - skyrim/tomb raider/ratchet and clank etc
That being said I treasure my older consoles like the ps1, you can't beat a bit of bad grapics for spyro and crash bandicoot!

Cat Lady wrote:

I'm thinking about getting the new version of Age of Empires II from Steam :)

Thanks what I'm playing at the moment! It's so good if you like that kind of thing, I can't recommend it enough :) Never heard of Gog, will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

I also loved Limbo, did anyone else play that? It was in a Humble Bundle about a year ago..

My OH is also a massive Starwars Fan!! As with you I don't see the appeal, he keeps offering to teach me how to play, however he gets massive game rage. Somehow I don't think it's a good fit.

@Nicole
Haha I love it!
Tomb Raider games are great (haven't played the new one yet though) particularly Underworld, everything about that one is breathtaking!

I've heard good things about Limbo too, definitely on my "to buy" list ^^

S&S wrote:

PC gamer here. I play League of Legends most of the time, but have a number of other games that I usually sit down and play with the missus. We just finished Dishonoured and are now onto Remember Me. Plenty of choice out there - I just recently built a big sexy computer, so I'm getting the most out of it :)

I've only played LoL a few times tbh!! I never got into it, however I play Dota a lot, since they're similar It's surprising I never got into it!

How lovely with your new sexy comp!! I just built my sexy comp 10 months ago! It needs some updates but does what it's told and more!!

Ork wrote:

360 is my weapon of choice :D Red faction guerallia is my general game, blowing stuff up and levelling building is good stress relief, and liberating a planet in the process is just a bonus! Playing Skyrim right now as well... it sucks balls... Oblivion was some what bad in terms of being an elder scroll game, but Skyrim... it was fallout without the technology to be honest.

Not a major PC gamer, but I do love real time strategy games like command and conquer etc, allows me to flex my inner tactical genius lol, but would certainly say I'm a console gamer. I have no time for the latest generation of gadgets and hippy games coming out though, they're just doing it for money now... back in the day games were designed for fun, not to drain your wallet, same thing with consoles... I'm looking at you microsoft! I mean Halo 4 essentially raped the franchise, why in gods name they felt the need to kill Cortana I don't know, whoever was responsible for that game should be put to the sword.

I agree with the comments about Microsoft, espcially with the features they've brought out for the new xbox 1. I don't believe I'll be getting one of those.

Though the OH has expressed that he NEEDS the PS4 because of Kingdom hearts 3, and new FF.

I personally don't see this as a NEED tbh, But since he's throwing out NEEDS like those, I NEED some new toys.

love playing borderland and halo on my 360

then it's killzone and resistance fall of man on ps3

dead island is a giggle

I like resident evil, the legend of zelda, Skyrim, tomb raider, devil my cry, all amazing games :) and like Nicole I still love the saga maga drive and Streets of Rage is the best! I have it on my iPhone now. And ork and kittystar yay! I found Skyrim fans!!!!! :D

FrozenAngel wrote:

S&S wrote:

I've only played LoL a few times tbh!! I never got into it, however I play Dota a lot, since they're similar It's surprising I never got into it!

How lovely with your new sexy comp!! I just built my sexy comp 10 months ago! It needs some updates but does what it's told and more!!

Yeah I have DotA2, but it's just too different after League :p I have a group of mates I generally play with, it makes for some good entertainment, and some damn stressful days of losing :p

That's how it is alright, 10 months old and already needing updates!

S&S wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

S&S wrote:

Yeah I have DotA2, but it's just too different after League :p I have a group of mates I generally play with, it makes for some good entertainment, and some damn stressful days of losing :p

That's how it is alright, 10 months old and already needing updates!

It doesn't need the updates lol I just NEED the updates for it,

PC Gamer mostly with the OH. Play DDO, NFSW, Got a few older games ive just picked up like, typing of the dead (brill game, ive always loved it!)

Have my PS3 and Wii also which i love playing a few games on

PC Gamer here...

WOW, Rift, TSO, GW2 (I'm an MMO Gamer :p )

But I like to keep an eye out on HUKD for PC game deals, Saw Rome: Total War for a quid smiley. Waiting for the new Simcity (shush) to shoot down in price

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I like resident evil, the legend of zelda, Skyrim, tomb raider, devil my cry, all amazing games :) and like Nicole I still love the saga maga drive and Streets of Rage is the best! I have it on my iPhone now. And ork and kittystar yay! I found Skyrim fans!!!!! :D

The Mega Drive's the best! I didn't know you could get Streets of Rage on your phone - is it really hard to play? I'm not good with small screens!

KittyStar wrote:

@Nicole
Haha I love it!
Tomb Raider games are great (haven't played the new one yet though) particularly Underworld, everything about that one is breathtaking!

I've heard good things about Limbo too, definitely on my "to buy" list ^^

Limbo is very good but really creepy because you're playing a sinister child who dies in gruesome ways. But it's a very clever game and do-able (although I had to google a walkthrough a couple of times!).

FrozenAngel wrote:

My OH is also a massive Starwars Fan!! As with you I don't see the appeal, he keeps offering to teach me how to play, however he gets massive game rage. Somehow I don't think it's a good fit.

Lol! I was talking about Starcraft, but yeah, much the same! What I think is funny with my OH is that he concentrates so hard during play that he doesn't hear what I say but always replies "Sure!" Some day I'm going to get him to agree to something awful during game time ;)

LOL I actually meant Starcraft, he got the new one when the expansion came out and then that was him out of my hair for a few weeks.