Girl proposing to the guy

Boogaloo wrote:

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

Yep, we had a quirky, non traditional wedding. With a bouncy castle, outdoor games, candyfloss, popcorn. With a black and white theme including dress code 😊 it was very much us, fun and relaxed and a little bit different. I even had a 50's style tea length dress that showed my tattoos on my legs. It was lovely 😍

That sounds amazing! I'd love a wedding like that, neither me or my OH are party people so we always get very bored at wedding receptions, but we're big kids at heart and love stuff like that.

Ideally, I'd like to elope as well. Just me, him, and our future son, somewhere quiet and beautiful. I couldn't ever do it though as it would cause serious problems with our families, which is ridiculous because we don't want to pay for a big wedding just so other people can eat and get drunk. When the day does come we will definitely be having a very strict "close family and friends only" policy instead!

We looked at going to lapland and doing it just us but it just wasn't feasible as we would still need one or two people to help us with yhe little ones and it'd cause problems just taking two people. So we had it here but only had 50 people including children of which 40 were family.it was lovely and the day was perfect. Even hubby said the other day he wishes we could go and do it all again 😍 How are you and bump doing boo x

Boogaloo wrote:

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

Yep, we had a quirky, non traditional wedding. With a bouncy castle, outdoor games, candyfloss, popcorn. With a black and white theme including dress code 😊 it was very much us, fun and relaxed and a little bit different. I even had a 50's style tea length dress that showed my tattoos on my legs. It was lovely 😍

That sounds amazing! I'd love a wedding like that, neither me or my OH are party people so we always get very bored at wedding receptions, but we're big kids at heart and love stuff like that.

Ideally, I'd like to elope as well. Just me, him, and our future son, somewhere quiet and beautiful. I couldn't ever do it though as it would cause serious problems with our families, which is ridiculous because we don't want to pay for a big wedding just so other people can eat and get drunk. When the day does come we will definitely be having a very strict "close family and friends only" policy instead!

A big wedding isn't all bad news Boo . Much of the costs can be recouped back from your wedding list of presents .I know your situation is different as you have been living together so most of the esentials you will already have. But for a couple setting up a house together for the first time it could be useful.

But like yourselves and Jess and partner we had a "quiet" wedding held up at Gretna Green . We even have a Scottish Wedding Certificate which is something we thing is quite novel living south of the border .We really enjoyed it and still have vivid memories of the day right down to the undies my wife was wearing.

No way would I propose. I'm super old fashioned when it comes to this, and plus I am terrified he would say no, or say yes for the sake of it (Does that even make sense?)

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

No way would I propose. I'm super old fashioned when it comes to this, and plus I am terrified he would say no, or say yes for the sake of it (Does that even make sense?)

Well it makes sense to me. I think some of the case were the girl does the proposing is because the guy is sometimes happy as things are.Normally for whatever the reason it's usually the girl that is perhaps feels less secure. But not always though .

We've talked about this as a couple a few times, what it boils down to for us is that he would quite like for me to make the first move, so to speak, and propose to him as it's more of an indication that I want to marry him than if I were to simply say yes to him. I think this mentality is coming from the fact that I have been engaged twice before (and had been pressured to say yes) and he is scared it would be like that again, that I'd feel obliged to say yes regardless of my thoughts or feelings on the matter. Not to mention he proposed to another woman before and was told yes, which obviously wasn't sincere or they would be married by now. It's a fear that the 'yes' means nothing, if that makes sense, whereas for me to actually propose would be a massive indicator that I'm actually serious!

On the other hand, we've both had a rather traditional mindset drilled into us that it should be the guy proposing. Not to mention I'd like for him to as it would be the one yes I would say wholeheartedly, and indeed I would be scared that he would say yes to me and not mean it. He has also admitted he'd feel a little emasculated by me proposing and that he had an idea in his head as to how he'd do it, which obviously I wouldn't want to mess up. Plus I guess like many people (male or female) I just want to be the one on the recieving end!

All in all I guess it doesn't matter because most of these conversations took place 3 years ago and he hasn't proposed yet. I may just take the opportunity to do so on the next leap year, could well be the only way we'll get engaged! Plus I do really want to spend the rest of my life with him, I am not just saying 'oh I'll do it because he won't bother' I actually am genuine in my intentions :p

Lovebirds_x wrote:

We've talked about this as a couple a few times, what it boils down to for us is that he would quite like for me to make the first move, so to speak, and propose to him as it's more of an indication that I want to marry him than if I were to simply say yes to him. I think this mentality is coming from the fact that I have been engaged twice before (and had been pressured to say yes) and he is scared it would be like that again, that I'd feel obliged to say yes regardless of my thoughts or feelings on the matter. Not to mention he proposed to another woman before and was told yes, which obviously wasn't sincere or they would be married by now. It's a fear that the 'yes' means nothing, if that makes sense, whereas for me to actually propose would be a massive indicator that I'm actually serious!

On the other hand, we've both had a rather traditional mindset drilled into us that it should be the guy proposing. Not to mention I'd like for him to as it would be the one yes I would say wholeheartedly, and indeed I would be scared that he would say yes to me and not mean it. He has also admitted he'd feel a little emasculated by me proposing and that he had an idea in his head as to how he'd do it, which obviously I wouldn't want to mess up. Plus I guess like many people (male or female) I just want to be the one on the recieving end!

All in all I guess it doesn't matter because most of these conversations took place 3 years ago and he hasn't proposed yet. I may just take the opportunity to do so on the next leap year, could well be the only way we'll get engaged! Plus I do really want to spend the rest of my life with him, I am not just saying 'oh I'll do it because he won't bother' I actually am genuine in my intentions :p

That's sounds a good reason to do it. By the way the next leap year is 2016 so not to long to wait.Just make sure you can nail him down on that day. Good luck

We didnt have an engaement, it was more of a negotiation! We were planning our holiday to vegas and it went something like this...

Me: we should get married while we are there. We can't go to vegas and not get married.

Him: ok but only if its a drive thru wedding.

Me: ok, i still want to wear a dress though

Him: ok, as long as i dont have to wear a suit

Me: no, not a proper suit. Anything else?

Him: i want to hire a mustang for the ceremony.

Me: ok deal.

And that pretty much summed it all up lol should have seen the look on the blokes face in the jewellers when we went in to buy rings with short notice and no engagement ring!