Giving a bad review

Don't you just hate to give a toy a bad review!?

I've just written 3 reviews - all of them bad ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) I won't say what for as they're awaiting approval. All 3 toys had really decent reviews before mine, I know we're all different and like different sensations, but hell, I tried and tried with these toys but they did nothing like the other reviews said - it felt like I was reviewing a totally different toy!

Do you write bad reviews or do you ignore the toy, leave it at the back of the drawer never to darken you naughty bits ever again, and don't bother reviewing it, or do you give it a good review cause you feel you should, in some way? Or are you cruelly honest and slate the piece of crap? (sorry I better say, I'm being jokey when I say piece of crap - I know what works for one often doesn't work for another!)

Just wondering as I rarely see bad reviews by anyone.

I must admit, we have toys in the drawer that have been used once.

Some didnt do what they said and some not powerful enough but we are yet to leave a bad review :( its a shame we feel like this as it could save the next person some money.

I'm new here and personaly not going to leave a bad review as I think it might affect my chances of becoming a 'toy tester' :(

I’d rather be honest and give a bad review then say nothing and let someone with similar preferences to mine encounter the same problems and waste money. It does suck when you get a few bad ones in a row though.

Edit: Trine, a bad review wont affect your chances. Lovehoney want honest feedback. That’s the whole purpose of having reviews and a testing scheme :)

I see what your saying but lets say I only leave bad reviews.. As a company I would be reluctant to send my product to get a bad review from a sour individual that could effect sales..

I leave some constructive criticism (I was a member or another site before here) in reviews but not a bad review as like Lady says, maybe the thing was good for everyone else and just not us :/ its a fine line

x

We like honest reviews constructive reviews, if that is a bad one, then so be it.

Being picked as a tester does not rely on the marks you give a toy/item! It depends on the content of that review and many, many other factors. All detailed here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1661395-review-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to-know/

Hope this helps

Like I said I'm new here and the 2 or 3 reviews I've done so far are still pending. I'd like to get atleast 10 under my belt and published before I pretend to know what I'm talking about.

I think I would leave a bad review if the toy straight out didnt work/turn on or the staff had no interest in sending a new one or refunding it, but becuase a toy didnt work for us.. I dont think a bad review is justified :/ it might just be a review to someone but way down the line thats someones income/idea/business etc.

I've read through that link, thanks :)

I like to be completely honest. However if i find a toy isn't working i give it a good few weeks of trying before i will review so that i csn try and find some positives. I think as long as its backee up with an explanation as to why it didn't work its one of the most useful reviews not everyone is the same.

As long as the review is constructive in explaining what aspects/why it didn't work I don't see it as a 'bad' review. Saying you wouldn't leave a bad review just because it didn't work 'for you' these are actually the most helpful as long as the reasons are explained, you are right in that we are all different so to read a review that says, for example, I am made like xyz and this just didn't work with my anatomy are essential for judging whether you would have the same problem and there's always something else that WILL work.

I know how you feel I had to echo my personal opinion and disheartening experience with the Fifty shades clitoral sucking device. On paper it was my dream toy but unfortunately I didn't get on with it at all. I'd rather point out why it didn't work for me so other have this knowledge before parting with their cash.

As long as the review is fair and honest a bad one is, in my view, worth as much as a good one. I have submitted a few negative reviews in my time.

Bored at work so getting my reviewing head on...

I'm trying to think of a bad toy to review thats tucked away in the drawer lol.. How long do the reviews pend for as I did some yesterday and still awaiting approval?

They seem ok to me, I've stuck to the rules etc

Trine wrote:

Bored at work so getting my reviewing head on...

I'm trying to think of a bad toy to review thats tucked away in the draw lol.. How long do the reviews pend for as I did some yesterday and still awaiting approval?

They seem ok to me, I've stuck to the rules etc

They can take up to 72 hours to be posted. So these are still with our review editors. 

If you are locating a 'bad' toy as in faulty, best to contact customer care about a return first ![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes")

You’ll get an email when they’ve been checked and approved. Usually it’s within 24 hours though :)

I have left a couple of not quite so glowing reviews on things before . I've been honest and said that maybe the vibrations weren't strong enough for me or the cups were too small for my boobs but I couldn't bring myself to say something was brilliant when it wasn't because I would't want to mislead other people.

Personally I like to read honest reviews where the reviewer has explained why it didn't work for them rather than just saying it was rubbish. Also just because someone says that a particular product didn't work for them doesn't mean it won't work for other people because we're all different.

And yes, I do have a couple of things pushed to the back of the drawer that never see the light of day!

I try to be as constructive as possible about the toys I review. The reviews I always find most useful are the ones that talk about very slight niggles. It helps me decide between two (or three or four) different options so that I get something that suits me best.

I always try to be as positive and informative as possible. I don't think I have encountered a toy yet where I couldn't find at least one positive feature!

The most disappointing toy in the drawer after all the hype has to be the we-vibe, from the hour I ordered it to the next day it was all I could think about.. Ive not been that disappointed since.. well ever.

I'll go and review that now, but again just because it wasnt strong enough for her or getting it to stay in place was tricky, maybe we are the problem haha I'm torn.

Interesting thread nonetheless :)

I’ve actually bought a product based on bad reviews; what the reviewers didn’t like about the product was exactly what I was looking for.

The important thing is to be specific about why it doesn’t work for you. State what you look for (power/size/material/looks) and then why the product doesn’t live up to those expectations.

I also think bad reviews validate the good ones. If I had just come across Lovehoney and saw that all of their products only had glowing 5 star reviews, I’m not sure I would trust the reviews or Lovehoney, it would just be too unrealistic that everyone product has worked perfectly for everyone that has bought it.

It can be very easy to get swept up around the hype caused by a particular toy or style of toy and forget that we are all different and what works for some won’t work for all. It can feel crap to think you are the only one that doesn’t like a toy, but in reality you won’t be the only one and by leaving the “bad” review you might actually make others who don’t like the toy feel better and less alone for not liking it.

I leave honest reviews, I've recently had to return three things and I will leave reviews to reflect the reasons why I as my happy. The way I see it is just because i didnt like it doesn't mean everyone won't like it but It also make help someone to make the choice.

Like one review someone else left on a corset said the breast was too small for anything more than a b cup so I knew being a d Cuomo had to get the next size up to what I would normally of for and the reviewer was right so I was grateful for their review.

My reviews are always brutally honest; I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) If I'm struggling to enjoy a product, I'll keep testing it out for an extra couple of weeks just to make sure that it truly doesn't work for me and then leave a review. It takes a lot for me to give a product five stars.

kelly_michelle brings up an excellent point here:

I’ve actually bought a product based on bad reviews; what the reviewers didn’t like about the product was exactly what I was looking for.

I do this myself all the time, particularly with lingerie. In fact, I actually look for bras with bad reviews because it often means that the sizing runs small - which is great news for me with 28B breasts ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I would write a bad review. But would have to make sure the toy is tested at least two or three times. That was the problem with the squeel which the OH tried once, hated it, and never tried it again.

I kept wanting it to work for her but she just couldn't be bothered with. In the end I never wrote a review and it's now discontinued.