Good lubes

Anyone tried the Pina Colada one? Any good?

x

Disco Dave wrote:

Has anyone tried the Tracy Cox lube? Anything to report back on it?

i have a tube of it, will open it next, could be wednesday but dont count on it

Anyone know what's the Pina Colada one like? Is it strongly coconutty flavored?

x

liquid silk is the best ive discovered yet! doesnt go tacky or dry out, much better than some of the more gel like lubes which get very sticky and tacky. you dont have to use too much of it either but its always handy to have it close by for any re applications necessary. both myself (female) and my other half (male) love this lube for sex and self play, i also like that it feels nice if i use it to warm him up too ;-)

I go this in the sale...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14846

...and love the fact that its a spray mist applicator! Very different and very good!

x

Angel_Lauren wrote:

liquid silk is the best ive discovered yet! doesnt go tacky or dry out, much better than some of the more gel like lubes which get very sticky and tacky. you dont have to use too much of it either but its always handy to have it close by for any re applications necessary. both myself (female) and my other half (male) love this lube for sex and self play, i also like that it feels nice if i use it to warm him up too ;-)

The only thing I have against Liquid Silk is the parabens in the ingredients. Some research suggests that these preservative chemicals may be carcinogenic and estrogenic (Google it). It's controversial, but it worries me enough that we're not entirely happy having them on our intimate bits!

We switched to the Sliquid Organics Natural Silk http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15590 lube, which is almost identical to Liquid Silk. It's maybe a tiny little bit thicker and not quite as long lasting as LS, but is totally vegan and organic and we feel a lot happier using it. I only wish they came with a pump-action cap like LS, but I guess you can't have everything...

5mil wrote:

The only thing I have against Liquid Silk is the parabens in the ingredients. Some research suggests that these preservative chemicals may be carcinogenic and estrogenic (Google it). It's controversial, but it worries me enough that we're not entirely happy having them on our intimate bits!

We switched to the Sliquid Organics Natural Silk http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15590 lube, which is almost identical to Liquid Silk. It's maybe a tiny little bit thicker and not quite as long lasting as LS, but is totally vegan and organic and we feel a lot happier using it. I only wish they came with a pump-action cap like LS, but I guess you can't have everything...

I love Liquid Silk too, and I totally didn't know about the possible link between parabens and carcinogens or oestrogenics. I really appreciate you sharing that, I'm going to chase that up and look into it.

From what I can find in my initial cursory searches, I see that parabens have been linked to causing Rosacea and contact dermatitis in those with paraben allergies, and the anecdotal evidence is that parabens used on the skin may possibly affect hormonally sensitive cancers such as breast cancer.

Personally I have a personal policy of minimising the amount of worry I invest in things outside my control. I know that lots of things probably cause harm to me which I don't know about, and I can't possibly eliminate all of them. Some of them (such as sodium nitrite preservatives) I actively want in my life because the foods they come in taste really yummy, like some salamis and chorizo sausage. Yum! And some of them I avoid when I can because it makes sense to do so and because I don't like them (like smelly phthalates).

So I may allow my Liquid Silk bottle to run out and then try some of the Sliquid range which I've been wanting to do anyhow, but I'll keep the Liquid Silk bottle because the pump bottle is good and I can put the Sliquid lubricant in it. I'll consider giving the Sliquid you mentioned a try, it's really hard to choose from within the large range of Sliquids!

Many thanks for the tip. :)

I agree about the paraben thing and if liquid silk wasn't so good I would change, but I suppose I do so many other unhealthy things it's just not my top priority! I would recommend sliquid as a good alternative for anyone who is worried. I have some and it's my second favourite. It's seriously 'healthy' stuff compared to other llubes and works pretty well. Loads and loads of others on the forums rate is highly.

Which Sliquid do you have? The problem with people speaking up for Liquid Silk vs Sliquid is that Liquid Silk only has one kind whereas Sliquid has loads! And most of the time the Sliquid users don't specify.

I'd be really interested to know why Sliquid is your second favourite, which one you use, and how it compares to Liquid Silk, if you would be so kind? :)

It's the apple one I have (freebie). I've dnoe reviews of both but basically liquid silk most mimics my natural juice. I find it lovely and slippery, sweet tasting and it just lasts forever. I never have problems with it going tacky. I hate tacky lubes like traditional ky. I always reach for the ls.

I agree that sliquid have loads of types though, that's a definite advantage. I think I just prefer ls. I find sliquid a tad too runny and just not as silky and realistic. Just my opinion, they are both good bets.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a recommendation.

My Tracey Cox lube will be running out soon and I'm looking to try a different brand. I dont like the TC lube because I find it too runny and it runs off my toys and shoots too fast so it ends up all over my bed. I used the Durex one before and found that one to be quite good since it was a bit thicker. Realism isnt really an issue for me, since I need something that lasts and will withstand my boyfriend thrusting my toys in and out of me at the speed of light!

Anyone recommend one? I'd go back to Durex but I just fancy trying something different.

imeldaimelda wrote:

It's the apple one I have (freebie). I've dnoe reviews of both but basically liquid silk most mimics my natural juice. I find it lovely and slippery, sweet tasting and it just lasts forever. I never have problems with it going tacky. I hate tacky lubes like traditional ky. I always reach for the ls.

I agree that sliquid have loads of types though, that's a definite advantage. I think I just prefer ls. I find sliquid a tad too runny and just not as silky and realistic. Just my opinion, they are both good bets.

Thank you for that, your comments were very helpful. Perhaps one of the thicker Sliquid ones would be worth trying then.

Ecksvie wrote:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a recommendation.

My Tracey Cox lube will be running out soon and I'm looking to try a different brand. I dont like the TC lube because I find it too runny and it runs off my toys and shoots too fast so it ends up all over my bed. I used the Durex one before and found that one to be quite good since it was a bit thicker. Realism isnt really an issue for me, since I need something that lasts and will withstand my boyfriend thrusting my toys in and out of me at the speed of light!

Anyone recommend one? I'd go back to Durex but I just fancy trying something different.

Durex play 2-in-1 massage was my favourite lubricant for a good long time until I discovered Liquid Silk and then that was the only one for me after that.

I intend to try some of the Sliquid ones to see what they're like. Since I haven't yet, at the moment I can only recommend Liquid Silk as the most useful, usable, unintrusive, unobtrusive, odourless, non-staining, non-sticky, nearly-taste-free invisibly gorgeous lubricant I've ever had the pleasure of using.

Also the pump bottle couldn't be more convenient. :)

I've tried a few different lubes but have so far not come across anything I like as much as Durex Sensilube. Has anybody tried it? I can't find any mention of it on here (or what I gather was its previous name, Senselle).

I have sensitive skin generally and find I have to be extremely careful what I use on my genitals, either because I'll get a burning sensation or a bout of thrush. Not only do I not react to this stuff, it actually feels soothing. I have experienced this with organic lubes but unlike sensilube they have been sticky and/or dried out quickly.

Sensilube describes itself as a vaginal moisturizer although it has the word 'lube' in the name and the packaging states that it is safe to use with condoms. My husband bought a bottle of this home one day because it looked like it might be more suitable for my sensitive bits than other lubes we used which left me with a burning sensation (not pleasant).

I suspect this may be one of the most expensive lubes available at around £5 for 40ml. However, I think its fantastic stuff. I must admit I've been wondering whats in it - hubby threw the box away when he opened it and there are no ingredients on the bottle and I can't find any online. Perhaps I would be horrified if I knew?! According to the web its water based but its funny stuff. It sort of adheres to itself, so if you squeeze a bit on to your finger but don't move it away before you un-squeeze the bottle it sucks back in again! I don't know if its like silicon lube as I haven't tried any but its certainly not like any other lube I've used - tried ky jelly/liquid, durex standard lube, a couple of sliquid organic lubes and the 'yes' aloe vera based lube.

Its definately worth a try if you have sensitive skin.

imeldaimelda wrote:

Another problem I have with choosing a Sliquid variety is that the properties of each one are confusingly described, at least for me. As far as I can determine from a process of elimination, the entire "Organics" segment of the Sliquid range are apparently fragranced. However, this is hardly mentioned in the product description, especially given that the fragrance is not named or described. Using only the product descriptions, I have no way of finding out which one is the "apple" or indeed that there even is an apple one.

If a body product is fragranced, I think it's reasonable to expect that this is mentioned and described as a feature, rather than obscured and only clear from the ingredients.

I've identified Sliquid Ride H20 and Sliquid Original H20 as unfragranced ones I'd like to try, but selecting them has been a pain in the hole to say the least. If it weren't for the parabens I wouldn't bother, and indeed I may still not bother. However your input has been useful, so I thank you for that imeldaimelda, much appreciated. :)

ah ha! Here's the one I reviewed, they seem to currently be out of apple http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11374 if that's any help.

Seriously - WHERE is my brain????? Apple is clearly in list, I am clearly a moron *rolls eyes*

imeldaimelda wrote:

ah ha! Here's the one I reviewed, they seem to currently be out of apple http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11374 if that's any help.

imeldaimelda wrote:

Seriously - WHERE is my brain????? Apple is clearly in list, I am clearly a moron *rolls eyes*

lol! Oh, that explains why I didn't see it, I saw "flavoured lubricant" on the title of that one and didn't bother looking at the description since flavoured isn't what I want, heh.

However I have read reviews for some of the Organics Sliquids and apparently those have fragrances which aren't clear in the product descriptions. I was referring to those.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a link, I appreciate it. :)

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

In regards to Sliquid lubricant and Sliquid Organics lubricant, no one is trying to be deceptive and not explaining the 'fragrance' of the item in the description.

I'm sorry you thought that my confusion was in some way connected to thoughts of anybody being deceptive. I assure you that no such thought ever crossed my mind.

As the person who writes each and every description on LoveHoney and who has done for the last year and a half, I do my best to describe each element of a product clearly.

The 'fragrance' mentioned in reviews arises from the ingredients used in Sliquid lubricants (all of which are clearly stated in the description) and aren't a separately added feature.

I'm sorry you felt I was impugning your product descriptions. I can't help it if I feel confused about a product description.

If a body product has an odour relating to ingredients, then whether my view is accurate or not I personally consider it fragranced, because it in fact has a fragrance. I'm sorry you thought that my reference to fragrances were in some way connected to concerns about fragrances separately added or not. I assure you I had no thoughts of whether fragrances were added for smell purposes alone or not. My sole interest was the existence of a smell with the product and the nature of that smell.

Upon opening a bottle of Sliquid the first thing you notice isn't the fragrance. In fact, any scent is barely noticeable. And as someone who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and avoids any foods that are hot or overwhelming in taste, my sense of smell is pretty damn sharp. It is only upon close examination do you notice any scent whatsoever.

If you are really troubled by how a lubricant smells check out the ingredients. For example, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15950 contains Green Tea and Hibiscus as ingredients, which can be picked up as a very gentle aroma if you concentrate.

I'm sorry you thought I was impugning your sense of smell. I honestly had no thoughts about the sense of smell of the author of the product descriptions.

Thank you, I have checked the ingredients so considerately and clearly included in the product description. This helped me decide which varieties I am interested in trying, if any.

Trying to explain the subtle smell of crushed Hibiscus in the description is a futile task and will cause more people to moan that they can't smell it and use the "we're going to sue you for false advertising" complaint than it would aid anyones understanding of a lubricant.

It is also very time consuming for very little reward, meaning that less products would be going live because more of my time would be devoted to smelling and explaining the nuances of every lubricant instead of writing more descriptions and even more customers would be upset.

I'm sorry you have had difficulties with your descriptions of product fragrances, and I'm sorry that some other customers are upset for whatever reason. Honestly I have no knowledge of other people's responses to your product descriptions and was solely thinking about my own confusion.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I often feel quite sanguine about my confusion, and any feelings of upsetness I may have had in my life were on this occasion completely nonexistent in relation to this confusion. :)

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

Another problem I have with choosing a Sliquid variety is that the properties of each one are confusingly described, at least for me. As far as I can determine from a process of elimination, the entire "Organics" segment of the Sliquid range are apparently fragranced. However, this is hardly mentioned in the product description, especially given that the fragrance is not named or described. Using only the product descriptions, I have no way of finding out which one is the "apple" or indeed that there even is an apple one.

If a body product is fragranced, I think it's reasonable to expect that this is mentioned and described as a feature, rather than obscured and only clear from the ingredients.

I've identified Sliquid Ride H20 and Sliquid Original H20 as unfragranced ones I'd like to try, but selecting them has been a pain in the hole to say the least. If it weren't for the parabens I wouldn't bother, and indeed I may still not bother. However your input has been useful, so I thank you for that imeldaimelda, much appreciated. :)

My response was mainly in reply to this post and the issues you raised.

If a lubricant is specifically scented, it is mentioned in the product description.

If it has a scent which is the result of the combined ingredients and not intended, but more of a happy side effect, then it is not mentioned unless overwhelmingly obvious.

I think its worth remembering in cases like this that you are free to contact Customer Services if you require more information about a product.

The reason why every facet of a product isn't fully explored and explained in the product description, including but not limited to scent, taste, texture, consistency, colour, transparency, exact function, possible function, storage, usage, is because the average person using the web spends around 10 seconds on a page before choosing to continue reading or go elsewhere. If the main points are not easy to find and read, we are potentially losing customers. Hence why we try to be to the point, explain the main major features and how to use the product but also offer reviews for a more personal opinion.

Well, I'm not sure where you thought I was expecting you to change your descriptions just for me or even asking LH to do anything at all. Those were my honest experiences with choosing amongst the Sliquid range and I can't change them.

I'm sorry if you felt that I expressed unrealistic expectations or if you felt my experiences were unfair to you.

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

I'm in no way attacking you or your opinion, I am simply explaining why the descriptions are the way they are which, as highlighted above, you mentioned that you found confusing.

You also said:

"If a body product is fragranced, I think it's reasonable to expect that this is mentioned and described as a feature, rather than obscured and only clear from the ingredients."

And I chose to explain why we don't go into detail about fragrance, which you can view above.

I still think it's reasonable to mention a fragrance as a feature. I disagree that simply mentioning it is the same as going into detail. For example, this description doesn't mention a fragrance at all:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15119

• Full description
  • The most natural organic lubricant available anywhere! A great all-purpose lube for sex and sex toys, Sliquid Organics is glycerine and paraben-free, blended with certified organic botanical extracts, is 100% vegan and never tested on animals.
  • Nothing in this beautiful bottle will harm your body or bring on any allergic reactions - it's glycerine, paraben and petroleum free, latex, rubber and plastic friendly; the formula has been specially developed with natural and organic ingredients that will support your body, whatever you get up to!
  • The hibiscus, vitamin E and green tea will moisturise the skin, whilst the plant cellulose, aloe barbadensis and cyamopsis make this an incredible, long-lasting lubricant that will be an essential in your bedside drawer.

I appreciate that you found that the fragrance in these lubricants was minimal to you.

Thank you for your explanation.