Goodbye for a little while... Only a little while.....

MsEllie has to go away for a little while.

In a technology hissy I am returning my Macbook to apple, because its just ARGH.

As such after this message I shall be packing it back into its box ready to Go away and never darken my door again.

Hopefully within a week or two I'll have a refund and a nice PC type laptop heading my way, and shall be back.

Shall borrow the other halfs PC to log on and fill in my reviews, but generally chatteryness will be much much less!

See you soon

MWAH MWAH

Luffs and such.

Ellie

Ohhh Ellie,

Thats not good that you didnt get on with the apple.

At least you can use your OHs comp.

Good good, not long. Have a nice little break

MM xxx

At least you'll be free from the evil corporate clutches of Apple into... errr the evil corporate clutches of Microsoft... Anyway, at least it'll be cheaper!

I suggest Linux. It's bloody good!

Toodles for now.

MS might not be great, but at least they don't charge you a premium to have substandard technology that's worth more just because it has their logo on it.

Ecksvie wrote:

MS might not be great, but at least they don't charge you a premium to have substandard technology that's worth more just because it has their logo on it.

Do I detect someone who doesn't like Apple?

*High five!*

You also forgot how you're forced to suck Apple's cock and ask really really nicely everytime you want to use software not made by Apple. It does seem really useful for graphics-ie types but other than that I'm very much with you Ecks.External Media

*Joins in on the Apple hating* bloody nightmare.

Take care and see you back soon!

Adx

I'm a graphics-ie type person myself and was forced to use a Mac in college, and just couldn't see what the fuss was all about. They don't really do anything a PC can't do, and they seem to make everything different just for the sake of being different.

Still dont understand why people pay more for iPods when you get less memory for the money you pay, and you have to go through all the fuss of syncing with iTunes etc. With my MP3 player, I just copy songs on there when I want to, then delete them when I don't.

Have a good break Ellie, I am sure you will be back with avengance and with plenty to say

Yes there is a lot of hype with Apple but certain industries dictate that Mac is the prefered choice and you have to run with it. I currently have an iphone, ipad and a macbook air but also use several PC's. They all have their ups and downs and although the Mac users where laughing due to the lack of viruses, with apples new found grasp on the market and the market share increasing year on year, it is now more appealing to the jerks that create spyware/malware and viruses and will therefore take the virus free macs by storm.... No one is safe (apart from a few of us)

Hate Mac, hate Microsoft, hate Linux..... Bring back pen and paper or slate and chisel?!

Ecksvie wrote:

I'm a graphics-ie type person myself and was forced to use a Mac in college, and just couldn't see what the fuss was all about. They don't really do anything a PC can't do, and they seem to make everything different just for the sake of being different.

Still dont understand why people pay more for iPods when you get less memory for the money you pay, and you have to go through all the fuss of syncing with iTunes etc. With my MP3 player, I just copy songs on there when I want to, then delete them when I don't.

I had absolutely nothing Apple until last Christmas when I got an ipod nano but only because it's easier to get podcasts and I alread have a little Sansa for my music.

Other than that, I'm very anti - apple. It's the fact that they lock you in and make it near on impossible to share work, documents etc. with PC users!

Microsoft is by no means perfect - and I can't stand their web browser but at least you're free to install what you want and can share work with who you want!

Adx

still here as the courier wont be coming to get it for a few days. Might as well get it out of the box and keep using until it has to go back :D

I don't know anyone who uses Internet Explorer now. I don't understand why anyone would want a Mac other than as a fashion statement!

Ecksvie wrote:

I don't know anyone who uses Internet Explorer now. I don't understand why anyone would want a Mac other than as a fashion statement!

I'm studying graphic design, all my life it has been hammered into me that macs are for design, macs are for design.

So I got one and discovered: macs are a pain for everything but design.

MsEllie wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

I'm studying graphic design, all my life it has been hammered into me that macs are for design, macs are for design.

So I got one and discovered: macs are a pain for everything but design.

Sums it up really!

Adx

Never used mac because I play lots of games and most games dont run on mac.

i love love love my mac.... I bought it a few years ago after 2 PC's being destroyed by viruses....

Never had a problem with it and I would sleep with it if I could :) ... I also have an unhealthy love for my blackberry :)

occhiverdi wrote:

i love love love my mac.... I bought it a few years ago after 2 PC's being destroyed by viruses....

Never had a problem with it and I would sleep with it if I could :) ... I also have an unhealthy love for my blackberry :)

hated the mac, it just wasnt what it should have been for such a disgusting amount of my money...

My Iphone however...... <3

MsEllie wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

hated the mac, it just wasnt what it should have been for such a disgusting amount of my money...

My Iphone however...... <3

lol I traded my iphone for a blackberry...... :D oh well aim to be unique!!