AAAAARGH !!!!

total selfish rant alert ... my laptop has decided to start playing ultra silly buggers with me .. three days AFTER the warranty expired i cannnot log into ANY of my email accounts an can only be online for upto ten minutes at a time before it freezes and crashes !!!

THREE days .. i ask you .... sodls law is a git .

anyone else got owt to rant about so i dont feel such a brat ??

have you got a virus on it ?

check underneath where the little grill is behind that is a fan make sure its not full of dust as that can make it freeze and shut down some times.

get a hoover to it.

nope , run full system scan , removed ALL software that didnt come with it .. i cleaned the fan a short while ago .. im just gonna punch it :(

Run AVG, or just format and reinstall.

How old is it.

All electronics in the EU are sold with a three year warrenty, and SOGA goes as far out as 6.

Check MSE

Have you tried turning it on and off again? *in irish accent*

its a year old .. i thought it only had a year warranty from the day i bought it ???

ive run a full norton scan an nothing showed ... its actually been on for half hour without doing it this time .... fingers crossed ....

Seriously bad news, Ruby. If you think this is going to excuse you from posting so much, you're totally deluded. Sort yourself out. Get IT sorted. And quick !! : ))

hahah i will . im mostly peeved though as i was gonna get a new one anyway an give this one to my ex so he dosent have to use a shared computer anymore . but if its gone up the creek without a paddle , i cant help him out :( sucks ... like i say though .. i just tried getting into my 2 email accs and still cant do that ... but its stayed on this time without crashing .. eee!

cant use lh forums on my phone either as im on o2 an it bars the site as i havet taken it into a shop yet to prove im over 18 ... ( even though im on cantract and they KNOW my d/ob... im almost 35 ffs ! )

rubysoho wrote:

cant use lh forums on my phone either as im on o2 an it bars the site as i havet taken it into a shop yet to prove im over 18 ... ( even though im on cantract and they KNOW my d/ob... im almost 35 ffs ! )

you can unlock it on your phone they take out £1 from your credit card and give it back

its total rubbish

rubysoho wrote:

.. but its stayed on this time without crashing .. eee!

There you are, you see. The power of (crisis) positive thinking.....

do a malaware bites scan very fast and very good

what happens now when you try and use your emails?

can you use your emails on your phone

kinkymbi wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

you can unlock it on your phone they take out £1 from your credit card and give it back

its total rubbish

i dont have CC's as am shoite as hell with money an i wouldnt trus myself at all with one . i just HAVE to remember to do it next time i get to town !

kinkymbi wrote:

do a malaware bites scan very fast and very good

what happens now when you try and use your emails?

can you use your emails on your phone

hmm my gmail account seems ok now , but hotmail ... when i try and use it it just dosent respond at all .

fistinglover69 wrote:

Have you tried turning it on and off again? *in irish accent*

WTF? As an Irish man I find that border line offensive and im not easily offended. That's just lazy fistinglover69. Re the laptop, have you tried switching it on and off :)

if it happens again do a restore to the last restore point and see if it works any better.

it seems fine now although i still cant access my hotmail account :o.

wierd as hell for 2 or 3 days it was an issue , i post this .. and MAGIC !!! hahha awesome .

:kinkymbi .. i tried that but it would only show system restore date as todays dat e... SOMETHINg odd happened somewhere but touch wood seems resolved !

u should be able to do a restore date to last update win7 was last week.

there is a section where you can choose older dates

nope .. i looked an tried .. ONLY date it would allow was todays !!! its bizarre ..

have you googled the problem with hotmail ?