grab bag

anyone else had the email saying no longer stocked :(

Yes. Still hope it will be only for a short while and they will surprise us again... :)

I dont know- after the incessant moaning about it last year it seems unlikely that Lovehoney will want the same this year. Heres hoping though, Id love one!

im new and intregued what is it

laulau wrote:

im new and intregued what is it

Once or twice a year LH get all the discontinued items and items they may have a lot of stock of and put together Grab bags.

They are basically lucky dips bags of goodies and toys.

Shame if they don't but a fair few people were unhappy last time.

i hope they do change their mind

Personally, I'd rather not do it again - it wa a lovely idea when Lh was a smaller company, but now I don't think it's suitable. Delighting a few people now comes at a cost of angering a lot of people.

Unfortunately, the idea of "random things for small amount" has gone from being fun to dissappointing customers who are expecting luxury toys at a knockdown price. If you go through the proper Grab Bag forum post http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/194046-random-crazy-grab-bag/page-90/ there were people who said they'd never shop with Lovehoney again after getting a few items that were a little too "random" - obviously not something we want to repeat.

This year we had an issue where we sent out the availablility email in the morning, only to get lots of complaints from people saying they weren't able to buy untll the afternoon/evening.

Maybe, maybe we'll do it again if we can figure out a way to manage expectations, and do it at a time to suit everbody, but I can't see that happening soon

I agree with you there, a year or so ago everyone was all for the grab bags and this year it was like people suddenly turned on LH over stuff they didnt like in their bags, it's a bag that is randomly picked, you cant complain with what you get, if you're allergic to certain things then maybe a grab bag isnt for you, I personally got a fantastic one with a luxury toy worth over £80 so I cant complain but I can see from your point of view about all the complaints and returns it's probably not worth you doing them any more.

Such a shame, I was really hoping to see them stocked again as never had the chance to buy one before. Ridiculous that people are complaining about what comes in a random, surprise-style bag, it's clearly stated what it is and there was the choice of four different bags. The time limit is reasonable too as they've always been so quick to be sold, part of the fun of it, limited time offer.

Maybe put clear warnings on it that it may contain things you are allergic too, but make it exempt from the refunds policy unless the goods are actually broken. Such a shame that the complaints ruin it for the rest of the customers.

Hoebag wrote:

Such a shame, I was really hoping to see them stocked again as never had the chance to buy one before. Ridiculous that people are complaining about what comes in a random, surprise-style bag, it's clearly stated what it is and there was the choice of four different bags. The time limit is reasonable too as they've always been so quick to be sold, part of the fun of it, limited time offer.

Maybe put clear warnings on it that it may contain things you are allergic too, but make it exempt from the refunds policy unless the goods are actually broken. Such a shame that the complaints ruin it for the rest of the customers.

Yeah I didn't get a chance to try one either but there are many great offers on Lovehoney anyway that I usually just buy things off my wishlist that I know I want and can get a good deal or freebie with my purchase. Every day is grab bag day!

Sadly you can't please all the people all the time. What I loved about the idea of the grab bag was the randomness of it. Another option could be a discontinued stock tab with a "Suprise me!" button. Yes people would know exactly what they're purchasing the fun of having a toy randomly selected for you could be a real giggle.... You know for those of us who are really really easily amused.

As for those who say "I will never shop with LH ever again!" I don't believe you! LH is freaking awesome. No other shop anywhere gives you a year to return things simply because you don't like them or *coughs* broke them through overuse... (sorry about my bunny habit).

Hoebag wrote:

I think this was the policy with grab bags, and because we offer such a fantastic, no-questions-asked, year-long returns policy that to suddenly say "Oh yeah, apart from this one thing..." seems a bit underhand.

I wasnt massivly impressed by the one I got, but then I took the chance, the few bullets & toys got tested, good ones got used again others didnt, silly games raised a smile but are probably destined for the tip, along with the other lubes, licks and rubs she wasnt sure about.

Not disapointed, could have been awsome and what we used was fun, probably wouldnt buy one again as I would rather spend it one one toy that she (sorry we) wanted.

Cant please everyone, but some have been made very happy with what comes in those boxes so be happy about that.

hopefully they will have a massive sale in the new year too :3

I loved my grab bag and couldn't believe the complaints. Everyone got more than the cost and knew they could possibly get something they already may have. I think the problem was greed of people with some expecting really expensive toys or boxes worth about £250. Thanks guys for spoiling it for others

I think that's a real shame to be honest, but unfortunately some people do expect the world for nothing. It was a fun idea, and a lot of people were delighted. Shame some folks hold such an "entitled" standpoint to be honest.

I had female and male bags that were amazing, and an anal bag that was disappointing. But mostly it was disappointing because the female and male bags, from earlier in the year, were so amazing. It set my expectations awfully high.

It was great while it lasted. :)

I'm the one who couldn't use her bag because of allergies. One or two scented products would have been no big deal, I would have found someone to give them too. But my bag contained a life time's supply of products for perfuming lady bits and two sample toys which LH may have chosen not to stock because they weren't skin safe. I use LH specifically because of the care they take with that.

So, yeah, a box entirely containing things I just cannot use was a bit of a shock and with a head absolutely thumping from that much fragrance in one place I needed LH staff to help me understand the returns policy for the grab bags.

I appreciate what a huge undertaking making up the boxes must have been and that the postage and admin costs of so many returns must have been significant. But from what I saw in the the threads some of the boxes weren't very random and that will have increased the odds of mismatches between people and grab bags.

Maybe we could look at the bigger picture rather than a few of the more memorable complainers? Perhaps the logistics of pulling this off on such a large scale was too much even for LH.

I liked the idea about them, but I am bit glad I did not go for them last time. I would not mind not getting luxury toys, but rose grab bag did scare me a bit, and there were also I think reports of duplicates in the same bag? Or am I wrong? And some boxes did not sound too random, that is true, which could cause some unhappiness.

Maybe it could be good idea to revise just how it was made.

There were lots of duplicates but I guess that's how it works. Perhaps have a goodie bag in which you choose 1 choice of a vibrator/dildo, 1 of a lubricant and get a small surprise? That way people get things they want in a goodie idea?